Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

My sleep is weird, no set pattern, sometimes I could sleep round the clock and wake up feeling half dead. Other times I sleep a couple of hours and I’m wide awake. Blooming annoying.

I can’t believe how dark it is, it’s like late evening, the rain is coming down in sheets and the winds blowing it sideways, glad I stayed in.

Good afternoon Each,it’s warm & sunny here and a fab’ blue sky and just back from a long walk…washing on the line, now having a mug of mint choc’ Options…luvly jubly,
:grinning:

Afternoon, Cracking day here as well, just going to get the washing in before it stops drying with the sun going down.
Had a busy day, swimming, dog walking, shopping, housework, and a tidy-up in the garden.
Time to relax now before I start dinner. :grin:

Evenin’ All,…it’s funny Rox how bright sunny days can change Our moods so much…I love the sunshine…don’t mind the cold/ice/snow…but really hate rainy/stormy/windy days as They just bring Me down,

Just finished a stodgy dinner of creamed tatties,stewed sausages & green beans :face_with_hand_over_mouth:…Also…after My eldest Daughter phoned to tell Me I should be drinking 2 glasses of red wine with dinner each night because it’ll prevent me from getting dementia/diabetes & heart disease :face_with_raised_eyebrow:…now who would have thunk it?..(Of course My well off retired Bank manager Lass knows better than I)…so,…I’ve just opened a nice Californian Merlot…but…will I just stick to 2 glasses?..watch this space :laughing:

Good evening all had a day off today as my SIL was off and able to get the kids.
Went a really long walk too as it was so nice. Did get a bit overheated as had too much on. Dropped in on a friend and she gave me lots of water to cool down then I walked back home.
Good news about the red wine, May. Who knew !

1 Like

Good evening. Met up with my niece Libby yesterday to look at sofas. It was like a Monsoon out there, seen a few sofas I liked and will have another look. My other niece phoned to say that I could stay there as I might not have got home. Met up with two older cousins today for lunch, haven’t seen them since lockdown. May enjoy your wine with your dinner.

1 Like

Hi Jessie,are You selling Your house in Largs with the furniture in it and buying all new stuff for Your new bung’?

Hi May the guy who is buying the house asked if I didn’t want to take anything he would take it. Saves me getting rid of the old furniture.

1 Like

Good thinkin’ Jessie…saves a lot of hassle.

It does May, I’m only taking a few things. My bed, Dyson , lamps and of course my bedding towels and lamps.

1 Like

When I moved from My 3 bed house to this new build 2 bed bung’ 18 yrs ago,all I brought with Me was My 2 bookcases,2 sofas which were new,& My Mums antique chest of drawers…Bought a new large sofa a couple of years ago…don’t expect to be moving again except feet first oot the door in My coffin :laughing:

Morning, OMG, Well it’s bloody cold here this morning and we had a heavy frost, everything is white and I can’t be bothered to scrape the car so I can go to the pool. :cry: Will go around midday as it can be pretty quiet then. As for the rest of the day, nothing planned will see how it goes, have a good one.

Good morning. May when I moved here I had very little furniture. This will be my last move. Red sky here Rox this morning. Still packing things away and throwing things out, hairdressers this morning then a quick bit of shoping afterwards.

Good morning Each,a bright sunny one here too with a touch of frost…got the heating on full blast.
enjoy Your day Everyone,x

Good morning all. Frosty and bright here too. Snap
May my heating is on full blast! Banking on that £500.
Much colder where you are Rox don’t blame you hanging off from scraping the car.
Not long now Jess for your big move.
Need to make a move myself get this ironing done then up to Chatelherault for Granny duties.
Going for big grocery shop this evening.

Iron just conked out! On my last item luckily. Need to get a new one tomorrow. When one thing goes in my house always another 2 things go! Washing machine has been making some funny noises hope it doesn’t go this side of Christmas.

I would like to thank you all on the Scotland thread because I enjoy reading your posts and, although I don’t live in Scotland you have made me feel welcome.
I don’t have neighbours on my side of the lane so your posts feel like the chat I would have with a neighbour over the fence, when putting the washing out. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I have 2 cats for company, but their conversation just says, feed me, tickle me or I need a bit of sleep now.
I am looking to buy a bungalow when I sell my house.

2 Likes

Afternoon Folks,been catching up with cleaning which has been neglected recently…had a good swatch at the skirting in the hall and it’s mingin’,so ended up cleaning a’ the skirting…I tell Ye…being half blind had its compensations :laughing:

You’re Always welcome here Twix to share a laugh or troubles,or just a good auld moan about Life :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, May. The first time I visited Scotland was about 29 years ago & I loved it so much that that I kept going back to different parts. I went to the Drovers Inn on Loch Lomond several times, but I always wondered if it could be haunted. My husband arranged for us to stay the night to prove it wasn’t, but neither of us found out because the locals were so friendly that we had a few drinks & slept through the night! :rofl:

The Drovers Inn is a favourite haunt of our family, we all love it there and often eat there when I’m down on a visit I’ve never stayed over night but Regan has, never mentioned any ghosts though.
Took this on our last visit.