Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Evening, Not been a great day weather wise here. Went swimming then for the messages. Had a late walk with the hairy one.
I haven’t even had a letter about the Winter fuel, never mind getting the money. It’s starting to bother me a bit. I usually get my letter early October and the 200 a week later.

Hope you are ok May. Send some gin this way Jess! Though I am having a wee shiraz tonight. The Fort was really quiet tonight.
Rox. I got a letter to say I was getting £500 but haven’t got the ££££ yet. Got £66 pounds las t week though. Xx

1 Like

Morning, Very dark and pouring with rain…Yuck. :umbrella: Heading away for a swim shortly then, after a coffee it’s dog walking time. As to where and how long will depend on the weather. No plans for the afternoon, take it as it comes once again.
Have a good day ladies.

Good morning Rox & All,another showery one here but still very mild,
Slept My usual 7/8 hrs last night so no prob’s re’ the jags,
Had e mail from My energy co’ weeks ago about My bills,but no letter re’ £500…expect it’ll turn up eventually,
Groceries were delivered yesterday afternoon so no need to go out,just another lazy day for Me,
Have a good one Folks,x

Good morning everybody. Jean not had any word about any other money. Rox enjoy your walk and whatever else you get up to. May I don’t want to buy to many groceries as I’m just waiting to move at any time. Hairdressers then meeting nieces at Braehead, later.

Morning all. Going to get my new crown fixed today at dentist. My neighbour is going up to East Kilbride so has very kindly offered me a lift.
Will have a wee swatch round EK shops then back home.
Good news that you have no adverse effects from your jags May.

1 Like

My daughter was on her hands free phone setup talking to me in her car last night, on her way home from work around 6.30pm. When she found her way blocked as she rounded a corner and came head on into this, I could hear it over the phone and it was terrifying, she was lucky to have no other car behind her and she managed to turn and get the hell out of there.
She had to go home a longer way instead of the shortcut through the estate, I could hear the unease in her voice, scared the hell out of me.

Riot police called as youths rampage in Dundee - BBC News

Sheesh!..what were They rioting for/against?

I’m all in favour of keeping some traditions,but not Halloween with the dangers of fireworks & bonfires and Children roaming the streets after dark…I never open My door after dark for anyone and halloween is no exception now,
Times have changed since My Children would dress up and go round the Neighbours houses after They had practised what song or poem They would perform for a treat which was usually fruit/sweets,then bring some pals in to dook for apples…it’s become a sad dangerous World Our Grandkids are growing up in now, :cry:

1 Like

No idea what it was all about. This is what happens when the “Do Gooders” get discipline removed from parents rights.

It is a sad fact that too many children are not disciplined for these unsociable and often dangerous actions.
I saw it on the news and many elderly people were terrified. Thank heaven your daughter managed to escape Rox!
I agree with May that Halloween & Bonfire night should now be banned, I am sure we could find something less dangerous but still amusing for the young children!

2 Likes

It sounded scary as hell and I only heard it over the phone. I can’t think of anytime something like this has happened in my lifetime. Just the usual Saturday night punch ups between silly asses who’ve drunk too much, but this was something on a very different level.:eyes: :confused:
Such a different world to what we grew up in, not nice now at all, everyone is so angry all the time. Even on here some folks are looking for an argument all the time.

1 Like

I think there are many troublemakers in the world but in our day, they were punished!
If people cause trouble they should be arrested, but the problem is there are so many, and we no longer have enough space to detain them.
It is easy to criticize USA crime, but why can’t they see that the same is happening here & it will get worse? :worried:

2 Likes

Good morning everybody. Rox a terrifying ride home from work for your daughter. Its all changed since the days we grew up, dressing up in whatever we could find in the house. Maybe its time for fireworks to be banned. Getting my nails done then meeting my niece to look at sofas.

1 Like

Good morning Each,a very wet one here and I just got out of bed an hour ago!!..jeeze…I think when I usually wake up at around 7am it’s still dark so I just turn over and go back to sleep again…I then have lovely happy dreams where I’m a wee Girl again laughing and having fun with My Family & Friends or doing fun things with My Own Children when They were wee…Maybe I’m just reluctant to wake up to the reality of the horrors going on in the World today…I read the posts on a couple of other Sites and sometimes I agree with what Members say,but sometimes I’m shocked/horrified at the things They post which They weren’t allowed to when on this Site!
Time to knock hell outta the housework so a good scrubbing down of the bathroom/kitchen while listening to some good ol’ rock n roll will get My happy mood back,
Enjoy what’s left of the day Ladies,xx

Morning, What a drop in temp today, it was only 4deg on the cars temp gauge when I was out earlier. :cold_face:
The Wind really picked up while I was walking the beach with Dageus and I had to keep yelling at him to get away from the water as it was too wild for him to even paddle. I was heading over to Wick for my big monthly shop in Tesco but it’s too wild and wet, just in for the rest of the day instead.
I have stopped going over to the other forum May, don’t even bother to read, I can’t believe I no longer feel I fit in on a site I’d been on for 9 years, but the invaders have taken it over and made it their’s. What really annoys me is the fact they are nearly all still here as well. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Make the most of being able to go back to sleep May. :wink:
They tell us older people need less sleep, but I don’t believe them. I think it is because we were brought up to wake early & get on with whatever we need to do, so it is hard to adjust to having a lie in… although I must admit I was still in bed at 7.30 am over the weekend and that is unusual for me.

1 Like

Good morning all. I only go on this forum. Don’t do FB anymore either. Not nearly as cold as it is with you Rox but wild weather here too. Need to go out for 2 buses to get up to get my grandchildren from school. No shelter at our stop.
Enjoy your sofa shopping Jess. One of my couches is a bit the worse for wear but it is so comfy might get it repaired. My Son was putting up Christmas decs for me last year and he broke a spring. Meant to get it sorted right away lol!
Hope you are having a good scrubbing disco May and you feel better for it. I remember as a wee girl helping my Mum with her housework to Housewives Choice and Music while you work on the Light programme.
Golden days!
Morning Twink you just slipped in there as I posted

1 Like

Aye so I see Rox,the right wingers/xenophobes/homophobes have made it theirs. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a long way to go Jean how will You manage when the winter sets in with snow ice etc’?..It’s 20 yrs since I used to collect My G/kids from the local Primary School,but it was just a 10 min’ uphill walk 4 times a day…kept Me slim n fit :grinning:

Neither do I Twink :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:…I’ve always been a good sleeper…My Dad used to say “Oor May could sleep on the edge of a razor blade” :wink:

1 Like