Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Very good Rox. I see Jane Godley has to have a cancer operation.

Ohhhh No, Poor Lass, I had no idea. Hope it all goes well for her. :worried:

Scott, glad you got the covid tests. I didn’t know that either about Jane Godley. Presents all wrapped and final cards wrote out. Hoovered now have to clean the bathrooms, then pack my bag.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Morning All, Hope your all ready for tomorrow. :wink: It’s due to be a nice day here so we will be off with the horses after lunch for a good old trek in the hills. :horse:
Caught up with everything around here so it’s an afternoon in front of the fire for me.
Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Jess and Rox and all on the Scottish forum.

1 Like

Merry Christmas, Scot, Jess, Rox, May and all on Scottish Forum. Hope everyone has a really good Christmas and Santa is good to all!

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
49064804_10216546222543403_360237276690644992_n

2 Likes

A very Merry Christmas to all our Scottish members!

Xmas-3

2 Likes

Thanks Mags and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Morning, A quick visit to say hope you all have a great day. Hi Mags thanks for the card. :grinning:

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmases and are now looking forward to Hogmanay. I had a lovely lunch with Middle son and family and have been invited out for lunch today too. just done a bit of clearing up and got the recycling ready for tomorrow. I do hate lugging recycling boxes around. I’m sure it’s fine for the dustmen but not so easy for little old ladies.

Rox, where did you get the name of Dragues for your dog? What does it mean?

Hi Sue, Glad your having a good Christmas. :+1: We were on our own and as it was such a nice day we packed up the Clydes in their horse box, and went off for the afternoon up through the hills
Fair enjoyed it. Just lazing a bit today, all jobs done so will catch up on some more recorded telly.
Enjoy your lunch out.
Hogmanay will also be just us at home 
again. But it’s no bother as he doesn’t drink much and me not at all.
Dageus is an old Gaelic name, I believe it was the name of one of the old Celtic Gods but I’m not sure. I came across it in a Series of books written by Karen Marie Moning and I just loved it. Thank goodnes I have the books in audio form or I’d never have known how to pronunce it. :joy:

Good evening just home after a lovely time at my nieces. Lovely turkey dinner and some champagne and then some wine. Tonight my nephew took us all out to dinner, at a place called Coast. He is home from Australia and that was present, food really good in there. Sue know what you mean about recycling bins, I usually wait till they are full before I put them out. Rox hope you enjoyed your gallop through the hills.

Good morning everybody. Looks like we had some snow last night as there is some in the back garden. No plans today except to relax and see what’s on the box.

Morning all. No snow here but another dark dreary morning. I think the Scots word is “dreich”? Had a delicious lunch yesterday and came home bearing a couple of slices of turkey so that’s lunch taken care of today. Have just finished ironing all the pillowslips - I don’t do a lot of ironing but do like the pillowslips done!

Rox - do you ride your Clydesdales? I’ve just been watching a video of the Budweiser Clydesdales, they are lovely.

Are the Hogmanay parties being cancelled? I have booked the family (10 of us) into the local pub for supper on 30th, but I expect we shall have to occupy two tables (!) thanks to Mr. Drakeford. Am just going to go and do a LF test because I was with people yesterday that I don’t normally see. Being very careful still as I have a disabled son at home.

Sorry, I seem to have rambled on a bit!!

Morning All, Showers and breezy here this morning but at least we’ve turned the corner and the shortest day is past. :sunglasses:
Jess you must need a lazy day after all the rushing about you do every day
Enjoy. :grinning:
Sue, Yes we do ride the Clydes but not every day and not so much in the Winter, in the summer evenings they love a good rumble along the beach. :horse:
On Hogmanay we usually meet up with friends about 10pm in the Village local, see in the New Year and head home to our respective houses. It’s not been cancelled this year but we decided not to attend, better safe than sorry in my book. :+1:
Jess not a gallop through the hills, more a gentle walk as the path was very narrow, too narrow in places, and I felt quite iffy at times, was glad when we got onto flatter ground. :wink:
Highland-Unbridled-through-the-ears

1 Like

Afternoon all. Had a lovely Christmas at my Daughter’s then Boxing Day with my Niece and all her family. Ate and drank too much so just chilling today. Jess think you must have been at the same place as I was last Sunday unless there is more than on e Coast. Mine was in Langbank. Didn’t know Arthur was coming home.
Think we are going for a walk later to blow the cobwebs away.
Have a good day everyone.

Good afternoon all. I hope everybody had a good Christmas. I hope May is alright, I haven’t seen her on here lately. You must be fairly fit to get on a Clydesdale Rox. The ground must be a long way down. I remember when I served my apprenticeship as a blacksmith the smiddy I worked at still had two or three Clydesdales to shoe. I got the job of removing the shoes but I was never allowed to put one on.

Sue you have the right word dreich, don’t know about parties I did it, one year with my niece and nephew and his ex girlfriend. Rox I went to the shops for some crispy rolls then had a nap when I got home, to many late nights I can’t do them anymore. Bonnie glad you had a good time with family, yes its the same place you went to at Langbank, really good food. We went for a walk yesterday along the Forth and Clyde canal, we collected Ozzy from Libby and took him with us. Scott glad you had a good Christmas, I was wondering about May, but she is probably having a break from here.