Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Looks lovely Bonnie. I have a granddaughter called Sophie but she is 29.

1 Like

Good evening everybody. Been foggy here today and in Glasgow. May hope your not taking a cold, maybe its the shampoo. Rox we get used to doing certain things again, then more rules and regulations come along. Bonnie well done to Sophie on making the cake. My bus pass has a small crack in it and wont work on the bus, will have to phone on Monday for a replacement card.

That cake looks wonderful, we’ll done to you both. :clap:
The fog here never really lifted all day, thinned out a wee bit but it’s gotten right thick again, as it got dark.
We’re having a night in front of the Telly, got a couple of episodes of Vienna Blood to catch up on and a Midsomer Murder.

Morning, very early here couldn’t sleep. Very surprised as the fogs all gone, it was thick again when we went to bed. Heading out early to get the car filled up with diesel before the town wakes up and it gets busy, dreading doing Tesco next week. Then a stroll along the beach with the dog, hope it’s a nice dawn might get some good photos. Stable duties for me later otherwise it’s just jobs around the house. Enjoy your Sunday.

Good morning everybody. Most of the fog seems to have disappeared here as well. Rox I was in M&S yesterday and it was really quiet, think they’ve all done their shopping for the big day. Have to get some batteries later for one of my ornaments.

Good morning all. Refugee from the Wales Club here! So sad that people don’t seem to be able to cope with the new format. I’m having mobility problems atm so am spending a lot of time on the computer and watching TV. Trying not to be a moaning minnie, but fed up with these dark days. At least it’s dry here - I see snow is forecast for Christmas Day.

Hi Sue, nice to you posting with us. Sorry to hear your having mobility problems at the moment. At least the days will start to get a bit lighter soon, thank goodness.

Good afternoon Each,it’s a horrible,cold foggy one here,so staying put
SIL came to see if I wanted to go to Tesco shopping with Them,but I don’t really need anything and the heater in His van isn’t working so I declined,lol,
making a hot madras curry for My dinner,

Hiya Sue,nice to see You again, :smiley:

Good afternoon May and all in the Scottish Club. It’s about the same weather here ‘down south’ so you are not alone. That ‘hot madras curry’ should warm you up anyway May. I think somewhere I have a Chicken Madras so just might have that for my evening meal. See, that’s what your comment has done, made me think about curry and that type of ‘hot’ food!

Have a good day all, keep safe and warm whatever you may be doing.
:grinning:

Afternoon all. Hot curry sounds good on a miserable day like today, May.
Jess I was in M & S yesterday and it was empty too.
Heading out with my SIL for lunch. She is coming to collect me and will bring me home again.
Enjoy your day everybody.

Enjoy Your curry Baz,the hotter the better on a rotten cold day like this
will clear the sinuses etc’.lots of onions in it too,and a big nan bread to mop it all up,yummy,
I may just have a glass of wine with it too
well
it IS xmas
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wine_glass:

OOPS
don’t know what happened there,I seem to have replied to Bonnie too
gremlins! :upside_down_face:

Yes, they do ‘clear the sinuses’, if you have a head left after a really hot curry! Quite surprisingly anyone from where curries are often the usual kind of food don’t have them as hot as we often believe they do. Their’s are milder but with lots of flavour.

No chance of a glass of wine, or any other alcoholic drink even as it’s Christmas, (well almost)
– I am teetotal!
:upside_down_face: :grinning:

Good evening everybody, fog seems to have disappeared here. Jean hope you enjoyed your lunch with your SIL. May there is nothing like a curry to clear out your sinuses out. Bought a small sherry trifle to have after dinner, don’t know what happened it ended up on the floor. Made up some oatcakes with blue cheese, I sat on them. Hope that is all that is going to happen.

Hope you’re are recovering from your internal fires. I can’t stand Curry or Spicy food of any sort
shudder. :nauseated_face:
Hi Sue good to have you on board. :+1:

Good morning everybody. Called the SSPT about my travel pass it could take up to 14 days to replace it. I lost one before and it didn’t take that long. Meeting up with friends later for coffee and a chat.

Morning All, No frost today but really cold. Been for my swim and just back from the dogs walk and enjoying a big mug of Frothy Coffee. I didn’t take my purse with me to the pool earlier and now I’ll have to go to the shops for a few bits. Not going to Tesco will just head into the Village. Will go to Tesco on Wed/Thurs and hope it’s not too busy, but I think it will be. Just faffing about at home after lunch.

Afternoon all I have been just faffing about too. Got a lot of ironing done and some wrapping. Don’t do as much ironing as I used to so don’t know where all this sprung from.
Mince and tattles with carrots and peas nearly ready for dinner.
Hope everyone is keeping safe and well,

Evening All,another horrible yucky day here weather wise,
Youngest Daughter been here going over the menu for Christmas day dinner
it’s looking good,and We are all looking forward to spending the day together
good company,good food,good wine,and a good positive attitude for the future,
If I don’t see Ye A’ before the 25th,I want to wish You all a very happy Christmas,xxxx

Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Morning, Not nice here cold n wet, just about to head out with the dog. No Beaching it today will head to the forest and get a wee bit shelter. Again with jobs around here this afternoon.