Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Thanks for this post Rox, I didnā€™t know it would come so soon.
Best wishes May & I hope you will soon be posting to let us know you are Ok.

Afternoon, Cold wet and miserable here, real autumnal day. Not sure how long it will be before Mayā€™s able to come back online. Thereā€™s a lady who Swims at the same time as me and she had hers done 2 weeks ago, sheā€™s not back yet.

I know May is tough, but I hope she is feeling comfortable and not worrying too much. I wonder if they had to keep her in hospital because I know it is more serious that the op my sister had .

1 Like

Daughter sent me this last evening. Herself sat back in a sun chair on the balcony, Glass of wine in hand watching the sun getting ready to set. I sent her back a pic of the rain, told her not to be saucy. :umbrella::joy:

Tell her she will get brown & white striped feet if she wears those sandals in the sun! It happened to me once! :rofl:

1 Like

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

May has just liked one of my posts, so letā€™s all hope she is doing well and will be back with us soon. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Good morning Each,a bright one here atm and Iā€™m glad Iā€™m still here to enjoy itā€¦Thanks Twink for Your concern,much appreciated, :heart:

Well I spent more than an hour on the opā€™ table as I had to have stitches inserted into My eye during the procedure which freaked Me out when I heard the Surgeon call for sutures :woozy_face:,I think I must have stopped breathing for a few secā€™s when I heard the Docā€™ in attendance tell Me ā€œMay breathā€¦in out in outā€. :open_mouth:.all in all I was in Hosp for almost 5 hours,and God bless My lovely Neighbours for taking Me in and waiting to take Me Home againā€¦still in a bit oā€™ pain but mostly discomfort from the stitches which will be taken out in 9 days time,ā€¦I spend most of My days in the bathroom scrubbing My hands and putting drops in My eye 13 times a day, :grin:ā€¦a hit n miss sometimes.

Hope all are well.xx

May even a toughie like you gets scared at times, but I am so pleased to hear that you are improving, apart from the odd miss with your eye drops. :laughing:
9 days sounds like forever when you are waiting for something, but we are here to stop you getting bored as I would think you are not allowed to do too much yet.
Eye problems worry everybody so I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be better soon. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks Kiddoā€¦I am bored witlessā€¦canā€™t read My book or watch tv comfortably yetā€¦but will get there in the endā€¦having to wear sunspecs in doors :laughing:

My sister had one eye done when it was sunny and couldnā€™t manage without sunglasses, she is having the other eye done on Thursday. They told her not to bend down after the op for a couple of weeks, so she is staying here for a while, and I will be telling her off if she bends!
Her sight is much improved in the first eye, so I hope things go as well for you. When you are bored get your family to phone you because talking wonā€™t harm your eyes. :wink:

Good morning. May I bet it was scary when you heard the doctors saying that. Take it easy and do what your told, you arenā€™t missing anything on Tv anyway. Twink one of friends had her done a few years ago and was told the same thing dont down. Grey skies here at the moment so just hope the rain stays off.

Good morning all. May get better soon. A friend had hers done and she couldnā€™t believe the difference it made. She said the whole world seemed brighter and sparkly!
Getting my washing done and out. Then going to Dunelm mill with my Daughter.
I was rushing home last night for visitors but they text me and said they were staying an extra night in Hawick and will come in tonight. Could have had my lunch in Largs, Jess after all.

Morning Ladies, Sunny here but a really cold to the bones wind coming in off the ocean. Washing is on and Iā€™ve had my swim and walked The Hairy One. Just a general tidy up here today, very tired so hoping to catch a wee snooze this afternoon.
I love Dunelm but Iā€™m glad thereā€™s not one here. There is one in Perth and I have to force myself to not over spend in there. I go in for one thing and struggle out with lots of carrier bags and no money.

Jean thatā€™s a pity about your visitors and rushing for the train. It would have been nice to have had lunch before you both went home. Enjoy your trip to Dunelm with your daughter. Rox Iā€™ve put towels out on the line, there is a good wind blowing. The nearest Dunelm to me is Paisley, might get the train through for a wee nosey. Was going to go into Glasgow but changed my mind, donā€™t really need anything from there.

Turned out nice here. Washing getting dried no bother. Visitors not coming til after 6 so feet up watching the TV. Saw a few things I want in Dunelm but was there to help carry pillows and bedding for my Daughter. She was renewing all their pillows etc. so will go back for my stuff at the weekend. Saw a bed set, set of pots and a wok I fancy. Some nice really big wine glasses too. My Son will take me as he wants to choose new pillows.

Turned out nice here as well, some blue skies at the moment. Been down to the shops now sitting with my feet up, playing a James Morrison cd.

Good afternoon everybody. Blue skies here but a cold wind out there. Been to the hairdressers and case is packed , staying with my niece tonight and we are off to London tomorrow.

Good afternoon all. Been busy washing and ironing all day. All finished and put away.
Enjoy London Jess. Have a great time.
Hope you are on the mend May.
Everyone enjoy this nice autumn weather.

1 Like

Evening, Not been too bad here today. If that darn wind would drop it would be quite pleasant. Was out most of the morning and catching up round the house this afternoon.