Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Morning all. Dull here at the moment. Not as cold as it was. Just getting organised to go up to do my Granny duties.
Made a pot of carrot and coriander soup for a quick meal when I get back. My neighbour gave me a huge bag of carrots straight out the ground so hopefully it will be tasty.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Itā€™s not going to be too bad, for once. Got the handbrake working well again thank goodness. Will drop the car in at the garage after my swim on Thursday next and Dunc will have to pick me up. Then Iā€™ll use his Landrover to do what ever I have to be doing on that day.

Good afternoon Each,the sun came out so I hung the washing on the lineā€¦not for long Methinks,

Son/Partner/Daughter/SIL are all getting Their booster jags within the next few days,so itā€™s all systems go for dinner on the 25th,looking forward to it now
:partying_face:
Have a good one Folks,stay safe and keep warm,xx

Bonnie never tried to make carrot and coriander soup, usually just veg for me. Rox good news about your car, your still able to use it and have a back up to get around in. May youā€™ll be looking forward to all the family coming for dinner. Bought some food in M&S and have a Tesco delivery coming tonight between 9 and 10.

Evening all. Glad your car is getting sorted Rox. You must be so looking forward to Christmas with your family, May.
Jess hope you got your delivery ok.
I am going for a big shop tomorrow evening.
Fed up to the back teeth with this new variant! Need to watch something nice on T V or I wonā€™t sleep.
Keep safe everyone.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Morning Everyone, :hugs: and Buzz off you silly unwanted Bot Thing. :roll_eyes:
Just back from the pool and having my coffee. Heading over to Wick today to get the big Christmas shop from the huge Tesco there, will have a wee wander round the shops as well for a nose if I can get parked in the town. Have a nice day now.

Good morning everybody, looks like a cold one out there. Delivery came about ten last night and I have to keep me going for a good while. Bonnie I think weā€™re all fed up with this new variant. Hairdressers this morning to get my colour done and get some veg to make soup.

Morning all. Frosty but dry here. Was going to do some big cleaning this morning before I go to watch the children but feel a bit wabbit so having tea and toast and relaxing instead!
I am getting my hair cut next Friday evening, Jess. So I will be all ready for the festivities then.
Have a good day everyone.

Good Afternoon All,it was a sunny cold frosty Morn here,so a brisk walk to the co-op for well fired rolls early on which I had with scrambled eggs,

Feeling rather jubilant after seeing the shenanigans which went on in number 10 last yearā€¦looks like My predictions will come true,
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Have a good one Folks and stay warm & safe,xx

Bonnie hope your feeling better, quite right to put your feet and relax. May Iā€™ve got some crusty rolls in the freezer will have to get some bacon to go with them. Got my colour done and got the veg to make soup tomorrow.

I havenā€™t put dye in my hair since the first lockdown, it never seemed to last long. It used to last a couple of months before fading but it was not lasting anything like that. Donā€™t know if itā€™s my hair or theyā€™ve changed their dyes. Either way it was starting to cost too much as as it needed doing more often.

Morning, Heavy frost last night and the cars solid. :woozy_face:. Not in the mood to scrape it so will wait till the temperature rises a bit before doing it. Have a heap of washing to get done this morning and another pot of soup and tatties to make. Late walk for the dog, but heā€™s going to have to lump it today, just not in the mood.
Was heading to Perth for a couple of days to see the kids and give them their Christmas Stuff, but Dunc says NO, it not safe weather wise or Virus Wiseā€¦So itā€™s going to get posted instead.
Gawd, will this ever end I wonder. :cry:

Good morning everybody. Really cold here last night as well. Snap going to make a pot of soup today as well. Raining here and I donā€™t really need much from the shops. Rox my colour gets done about every six weeks. Our post office is really small and it takes ages to get served, not that I send many parcels.

Morning all really dark here today. Had a upset stomach through the night. Feeling a bit better this morning but just going to chill this weekend.
Shame you are not getting to go to Perth Roxy. Had high hopes this Christmas would be better than last year.
Jess couldnā€™t get Charlie Binghams Mac n cheese at the supermarket. Will try next week.
Going to have a nice hot bath ease the soreness out of me old bones!
Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Good Morning Each,a cold grey dreich one here and this does not bode well for all of Us here in Scotland,

(Prof Riley told BBC Radio 4ā€™s Today programme: ā€œOmicron is spreading so quickly that, I think, unless you are living the life of a hermit, you are very likely to come across it in the next few weeks.

ā€œI donā€™t think anyone should be going around thinking they are not going to catch it, I think that situation has changed.ā€)

So Youā€™re doing the right thing staying put Roxā€¦Weā€™ll all jus have to cross Our fingers and hope for the best,xxx

1 Like

Bonnie sorry to hear you had an upset tummy. I get Charlie Bigham meals in Tesco, had quite a few in my delivery the other night. May I think we are will have to be just as careful wash our hands and wear our masks. Going to start making some soup.

Afternoon all. Dull and dreich here. Making a steak pie for lunch. My Son likes a big Sunday dinner. Mash, roasties and 2 veg.
Printed my labels for Christmas cards so will write them this avo and post them tomorrow. Will hand deliver a lot as the stamps are so dear.
Enjoy a happy and peaceful Sunday and stay safe

Afternoon All, Been a big crash in the village this morning, :astonished: black ice everywhere and no gritters. :zipper_mouth_face: It happened on the bend at the far end of the village, hopefully no one hurt but not sure, the emergerncy services were there there for a good while.
Cold, dark and dreary here too and getting darker again, went to the pool this morning, I donā€™t usually go on a Sunday but I had a bad night and felt I needed a hot soak. I had two actually and felt a lot better for it. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. :cowboy_hat_face:

Good evening, been a dreich day here as well. Bonnie your making me hungry, homemade steak pie and roasties. Rox hope the accident wasnā€™t to bad, thatā€™s the worst about black ice you donā€™t know its there. More decorations up and cards wrote out for neighbours. Will take them out later after dinner.