Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

Caveman a good day for fitting windows. Roxy its a hit and miss with me for putting photos on FB, the same with trying to send a photo to another phone. Had my hair done then met up with my nieces and was treated to lunch. Lovely sunny day in Glasgow and and it was nice to get out for a walk round the shops,

1 Like

Morning, Boy itā€™s cold this morning and I canā€™t stop shivering. Donā€™t want to put the heating on either as itā€™s still only October, these huge price rises are really bothering me too. Heading into the Town in a while to have lunch with a few pals, apart from that Iā€™ve nothing planned.

Jess, Next time that clever niece of yours is visiting get her to show you how to put pics on here, youā€™ll be surprised how simple it is now. :+1: :wink:

Good morning, grey skies here and it feels cold. Rox I put the heating on a few weeks ago, I hate being cold. My niece is back at Uni just now in Leicester so I donā€™t see that much of her just now. Chiropodist this afternoon then a have a look round the shops.

Hello everybodyā€¦

Morning, Not long back home been at my sisters for the W/E. Iā€™d forgotten what a bossy mare she is and Iā€™m glad to be home again. Itā€™s cold and raining so itā€™s an afternoon at the fire for me.

Hi, this is an automated message from your friendly Over50sChat bot :039:

Just a quick note to say a new thread about Scotland has been posted :blush: You can view the thread here:

Donā€™t forget you can view our mini-forum for Scotland here: Scotland Forum | Over 50s Chat (over time as more threads about Scotland are posted here they will show up there, and when search engines index the forum it will mean more people searching for ā€˜over 50s in Scotlandā€™ will be more likely to spot the forumā€¦ andā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ register and join in with you all :003:)

:orange_heart:

Hi Rox, its always good to get home to your own house. Bought a Tefal optimal grill today, hating using the cooker to fry anything to messy. Thanks for the info my niece got me a copy of my vaccinations last week, so Iā€™m good to go. Also have the app on my phone.

1 Like

Morning, Another wet day here, just back with the dog and both soaked. Iā€™m away for a hot shower when I finish this coffee, then back to bed for a while. Not feeling to great after my booster jag, it was the same with my first one, it just floored me and I think this one is having the same effect.

1 Like

Good afternoon. Wet day here as well. Been to the hairdressers and and waiting for a parcel to be delivered. Also got the letter for my booster jag and flu jag on the 31st of this month.

1 Like

Morning all bloomin heck last 2 days monsoon and working outside this morning lovely sunshine and working inside oh well murphys law have a good one

Morning, Nice and sunny here as well, bit of a wind blowing though. Feeling a bit more like myself today and got back to the pool earlier. I guess thereā€™s been a lot of stuff injected into me in the last six months, if you think about it. 3 covid jags and a flu one. the bodyā€™s not used to that at all.
The weeds are STILL coming up, blasted things, so I may have a go at them later, the grounds soft with all the rain weā€™ve had so they should come up easy enough.

Morning all. My son got me back in here. Donā€™t know what I was doing wrong. Hope everyone is ok.
I got my booster and flu jab on Sunday, Rox and it did floor me for the first 2 days but getting back to normal now. Glad I have got them as think it is going to be tough winter coming up.
Good you got your appointment too Jess.
Got a new tumble drier yesterday. Itā€™s one of those heat pump things so trying to get the hang of it ! Are things getting more complicated or am I getting too old? Lol!
Have a nice day whatever you are up to. Sun is putting his hat on now and again here today.

Btw Donā€™t see May. How is she doing?

Hi Bonnie, good to have you back. Iā€™ve not had an email from May for a while, she is fed up with this site as am I. Itā€™s totally ruined things for us when it changed. I canā€™t find threads I want thanks to all these daft sub sections, inside other sections. AND, donā€™t get me started on trying to post a new thread, sheeeze. The only thing I find I like is the fact itā€™s now so easy to post a photo.

I was wondering about May as Iā€™ve not seen her posting for a while, we used to have a bit of a joke at times (you might recall this) but not recently, hope she is OK and give her my regards if you do hear from her please.

The problem with not being able to find things is a lot easier if you use the search facilities, top right near your avatar. The box with ā€˜Find topicā€™ will as it states find a topic if you type in the name of the one you want. The magnifying glass just along on the left from your avatar is really good for finding anything. Click on that and again type in what you wish to find, even just the odd word or title of a thread or post and it will find it and display a list of threads / post containing that wording. Also if you wish to find a particular post by a member just use the ā€˜@ā€™ facility followed by that memberā€™s name and it will find posts that member has made. This can even be narrowed down if you type in a few words you might recall in that memberā€™s post. Iā€™ve found it very good, eventually, after sorting out how it worked.
:grinning:

Hi Bonnie good to see you back with us again. Thank goodness for family that know what theyā€™re doing with computers. Yes glad to get my appointment through for the jags. Rox, Iā€™ve only ever gone on this site, cant be bothered with the others. Just hope that May is ok. Baz if I tried to do something else on here Iā€™d be lost. Really cold wind here today was glad to get home for a heat.

Hi Baz, Yes Iā€™ll tell her if she mails me. To be honest Iā€™ve not got the time or the patience to mess about on here. When I first joined ten years ago, I also joined another forum at the same time and I find Iā€™m spending a lot of time there nowadays, itā€™s nice and simple like our original was. I like that so much better.

I agree Rox this site is not so user friendly as the old setup. I keep muting threads every day to make it more manageable. You should not need all that faffing about that Baz suggests to find a thread.

Thanks Rox, I appreciate that. Once you forget the old OFF and use the new OFC more it will become habit, youā€™ll then be whizzing about as if youā€™ve never known anything else. When at first I struggled a little I found that using just the usual options like posting and starting a thread it became easier. Then I learned one additional option every few days and eventually this led to finding out about all the options. Itā€™s not easy and itā€™s not very intuitive at first, I would never say it is but itā€™s not impossible to get used to, eventually.

ā€˜All that faffing aboutā€™, once that becomes a habit also becomes easier and quicker. Itā€™s very versatile too, at first I had problems finding threads but then found out how the search facilities worked and they really are very good. Like anything new it just takes time and determination to become proficient. After all itā€™s only software to be beaten, thatā€™s how I saw it anyway.