Over 50's Club Scotland (Part 1)

‘All that faffing about’, once that becomes a habit also becomes easier and quicker. It’s very versatile too, at first I had problems finding threads but then found out how the search facilities worked and they really are very good. Like anything new it just takes time and determination to become proficient. After all it’s only software to be beaten, that’s how I saw it anyway.
:grinning:

I was about 65 when I got my first laptop Baz and don’t have a lot of patience. I appreciate that you are always willing to help.

I appreciate it’s possibly more difficult to learn as we get older, also some people learn quicker than others anyway. My first venture into computers was when I was probably 30 years younger than yourself. That was by necessity when in the early 1980s the industry in which I worked, printing, underwent massive technological changes. It was a case of learning the technology or being out of work. Since then learning all the differing computers, coding and software programs has given me a determination, rather than patience, not to be beaten by anything new.

If I can help someone who is struggling I will do so. That may come from the fact that as the printing technology advanced, one or two of us where I worked would be trained in that, then we passed this on to our colleagues. That was a kind of ‘teaching’ so I became used to doing that.

Anyway scot37 you obviously haven’t given up on the OFC software as you’re still posting, long may that continue!
:+1: :grinning:

Morning All, Really got a wake up shock this morning, It is 10 degrees colder than yesterday and I had to defrost the car before I could move it. It even had the wee snowflake light on in the dash, meaning it was under 5deg :disappointed_relieved: I know it happens every year BUT, “I HATE WINTER”. I’m such a cold tattie at the best of times, without the weather freezing me too. :sob:
Baz I am not tecki minded at all, I’m useless at being told. I NEED to be shown. I can answer posts, use photos, and mostly find sections. It’s all this stupid (in my mind) wee tags you need to use for new topics. IF, I can get it posted up then a certain person aye swoops in and bloody well moves it, hacks me off big time. If I need it to be moved I’ll ask. One big problem I have is things look and work different on the Tablet than they do on the computer. I need quick and simple and if I don’t get it then I look elsewhere. :roll_eyes: I still work around here seeing to the horses, dogs, and several jobs I do for Himself on the farm to help out. I just don’t have the time to spend trying to learn something I’m already unhappy with. But thanks for trying, I do appreciate it. :wink:

Good afternoon everybody. Really cold wind here the sun’s but no heat in it. Been to the butchers and had some home made soup to warm me up. Rox I’m the same I’m not techy minded either, I have to wait on one of my nieces or the computer shop for help. Some housework and make up my bed then relax for a little while. Bonny the macaroni I get is by Charlie Bigham’s its deleicious.

Morning, Just back from my swim, and I’m hoping the Hairy one won’t wake up and want walked…at least not yet, it’s a filthy day here and I’m glad to be back inside. It’s so dark it’s like 6am not the back of nine.
Going to make a big pot of soup today along with peeling a load of tatties to go with it, then just catch up with things around here.

Bright sunny day here but not warm. Just had my flu and covid booster jabs this morning.

Morning all. Bright and sunny and cold here too .Scot.
Soup sounds good Rox particularly when the weather is bad. Nothing cheers you up like a pot of home made soup.
Going to get my grandchildren from school today. Thursday and Friday are my childminding days.
Will try that macaroni cheese Jess.
Going to the Livingston Outlet tomorrow to make a start on Christmas shopping.

Morning All, Just back from walking with the dog, nice and dry but very chilly, will have to root out my Winter Dog Walking Jacket and get it washed today. It turned out nice yesterday after the black start and last evening was so nice we all went for a moonlite walk along by the castle ruins and the harbour then through the park. Out for dinner tonight then a meet up at the village local with friends. Have a nice day. Pics from last night.

2 Likes

Gorgeous pictures Roxy. Pegged out from Christmas shopping today! Everybody else seems t o have disappeared. Think it must be me. Must have B O or something.
Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are up to.

Cracking pictures rox and not Christmas shopping Noooooooooò

Good Afternoon All,a fine sunny one here at the moment,
Had My jags on Friday and spent most of Saturday dozing on & off all day,had a painful left arm and headache,but fine Today,
What a palaver logging on here as I’ve never had to put in My e mail or password before,so had forgotten it and I couldn’t find the wee notebook where I had made a note of it.jeeze!..I’ve just got out of the habit
of looking in here and I only ever use the laptop now to send in My meter readings,check bank acc’,or do some online shopping…other than that it stays shut…painful using the mouse with arthritic wrist.
Hope all are well and behaving Yourselves
:grin:

I got my jags on Friday as well May. I was okay afterwards except for a slight pain on my arms. Not a bad day here as well but getting chilly. Nice pictures again Rox.

2 Likes

Good afternoon May! :039:

So that’s where you have been hiding, I asked about you the other day as I hadn’t seen you posting much lately. Good to read you’ve recovered from the jags on Friday. Had my 'flu jab on Thursday, no problems. Now awaiting an invite for the covid booster. Between all that I was offered a vaccine for shingles, I feel like a pincushion with all this plus I am ‘needle phobic’, or used to be! Hope the arthritic wrist doesn’t give you too many problems. Enjoy the sunshine, out on the sun bed by any chance?
:grinning:

2 Likes

Good afternoon everybody. Was up at Glasgow for my nephew Joseph’s 16th birthday. Out for dinner then a few drinks. Yesterday we went shopping and he spent some of his birthday money. We went to Tesco on the way home and I got some shopping. Heavy showers here at the moment.

Afternoon everyone. Glad to see you back May. I had my jags last Sunday and like you took a couple of days to get back to normal.
Can’t BelieveJoseph is 16! The last time I saw him was at your 70th in Rothesay, Jess.
Just went a big walk with my Son. At the beginning of lockdown we walked 5k a day. Now it is 3k. Old age catching up with me. We are going to try to get back to 5 k at least some days.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

2 Likes

Afternoon All, Nice drying day here so been washing all the summer stuff and putting it away. Pulled out our winter jackets and they’re out on the ropes, just been working around the house all day and now I have a load of stuff to take into the tip tomorrow first thing. It’s been a week now since I had my booster for Covid and I’m over that now thank Heavens. 4 different jags in 6 months, that’s an awful lot for the body to cope with but doing ok now. Going to get Dageus’s long coat taken off tomorrow, that will be fun, but he needs a tidy up before winter so as he’s easy to keep clean and dry off quickly.
Enjoy the rest of Sunday.

Hi May good to see you back with us again. Roxy my nieces dog is needing his coat trimmed. Yes, Jean its hard to believe he is sixteen and Rhyse is fifteen. Feeling a bit tired after the festivities so I’m just taking it easy this evening.

1 Like

Hi Jess. Is Joseph the one that broke his arm or leg a few years ago?

Lol,not much chance of sunbathing Baz…but I must say since I had the 2 jabs on Friday,I keep falling asleep every time I sit down…Hope it wears off soon,and You’re right,We are all like pin cushions and I never want to see another needle for a very long time.