New members look here

Just bumping this up for any newbies that might be looking for it

Introduce yourselves in the introductions !

2 Likes

What?:smiley:

Nothing :grin:

It was just that new members find it quite hard to find where to introduce themselves
So I tried to bump up the introduction category but this didn’t really work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes linking to a particular thread is very problematic here but hey ho it is what it is. Confusion reigns. :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I’m a new member, so hi :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

Looks like we don’t have any recent new members .

I mentioned the forum to a couple of friends, they had look and decided no for some very valid reasons which have been mentioned on the forum many times.:smiley:

3 Likes

I think the reason for Azz changing the organisation of this forum was to attract more members.
Actually, I think we have plenty and can manage quite well without a great deal more, but if more want to join that’s fine. However, if something is putting off new members joining, perhaps changes need to be made.

Hello and welcome @wendeey

I have never seen more than 40 odd logged in at any one time, that is not a forum that is a coffee morning. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

It ain’t good, is it? :frowning: People leave forums for all sorts of reasons and if no newbies replace them, the forum shrinks and dies a death

Azz has to approve newbies before they can post, doesn’t he? So if he’s not around to let them in, there could be potentials languishing in the queue and not able to post in the introduction?

When new people sign up, but before they get allowed to post, is their profile set up and you could find them if you knew where to look?

I can’t remember the name of Harbal’s mate who was waiting to be let in, but didn’t she have a profile?

I hope Azz not letting anyone in isn’t a sign he’s winding the site down :cry:

1 Like

I hope not too Maree he hasn’t been on here since March 24th

So I looked at the new member introductions and the last new member to introduce themselves was Anna-13

She joined on the 19th March and posted on the 24th March, so I’m guessing Azz let that post through and approved her when he was last in on the 25th March? :thinking:

Are there better forums, the lay outs might be but forum wise they are all much of a muchness imo.

Think you will find that is March 4th, not 24th - well that’s according to his Avatar activity anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

29 Jul '21

Last Post

24 Mar

Seen

24 Mar

Views

Trust Level

leaderJoined
29 Jul '21

Last Post
24 Mar

Seen
24 Mar

Views

Trust Level
leader

May will forgive me I trust for quoting her post…she’s hit the nail on the head imo
The place needs new blood!

I like this forum . I like the administrator / owner who is fair and calm unlike most owners who so often turn out to be sad tyrannical hicks with an inflated sense of their own importance .
The forum in its old form was simple but a little clunky .
It’s now more up to date but complex and not easy to navigate .

5 Likes

Without a doubt. AVForums is my main one and I spend quite a bit of time there. There are many different parts of the forum and I can watch the ones that interest me rather than be told of every thread started in subjects I have no interest in.
I tend to be in the General forum but if looking for reviews on a particular bit of kit then will pop over to the relevant heading.

If I want to reply then I enter it in the thread as simple as that. If I want to start a new thread then again simplicity and no effing tags if I chose not to bother.