"New Kip" will you vote for them?

And Cameron stood down as soon as the referendum went they eway he didn’t want or had expected.
And May wasn’t up to the task .
And Boris was a Remainer until he switched camp. Besides, Boris is the biggest hypocrite out now … social distancing …yeh, at how many parties?

2 Likes

Nope, I can’t find anything about it either and I’ve had a good old dig around

Here’s hoping he gives up on it as a bad job and just sinks into oblivion

But he won’t if he thinks there’s any dosh in it for him

Okay I’ll call you cynical but really … you’re right. He’s a waste of space.

2 Likes

Yes, but you don’t like him because you’re a Remainer, though god knows why anyone would still bang that drum anymore now as it’s done and dusted.

2 Likes

@Boot , l can’t find it now either Boot??
Is it possible it has been wiped or something !!
Or maybe l’m getting past it??
I started this thread in response to a headline news article which l can’t find
either now !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Yes, Donkeyman, I’ve noticed you’re a bit quick on the draw. :blush:

1 Like

@Morticia , l did too Morty, but he wasted my vote by causing me to vote
for Billy Boris Liar !!
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

2 Likes

Isn’t he a shining light on that tv news channel now? He probably trousers more cash from that and going on tour and books and things than he would from starting yet another right wing party?

Plus I doubt he’ll turn down his pension from the EU so he’s rolling and hopefully won’t bother

You’re right there, he’s busy jogging around the USA now, doing tours and stuff.

The last I heard of Nigel, he was giving a speech in Orlando, USA, trying to tell Trump to stop looking backwards and to stop screwing the Republican election chances by continuing to be obsessive about losing the last Presidential Election - to let it go and look towards the future - sensible advice but I think Trump’s huge ego is blocking out all the messages coming from his old “buddy”! :wink:

1 Like

Exactly. I would vote for Nigel just as I did when UKIP last stood. Some may criticise me for wasting my vote, but I really don’t care.
I shall also vote for Reform if they stand in my constituency in 2024.
Boris is not to be trusted.

2 Likes

He is, but in doing so he keeps the interest and support of those of us who agree with him:
the Brexiteers!
Not that there’s any opposition now from the Remoaners, as they are a spent force.

2 Likes

I’m a spent force? :rofl: Rude! And a Remoaner? :rofl: Rude again!

Anyhows, I think I moan a lot less than Brexiters, even though they got what they wanted, because most of them were grumpy old wotsits to start with :triumph:

You’re right about Farage, he probably does keep showing his face on that news channel to stay in the limelight and make sure his fans don’t forget him because that’s what brings in the pennies :pound:

Beware of us spent forces, we might just sneak back and bite you! Remember, there’s no democratic decision that can’t be reversed, otherwise it wouldn’t be democracy :balance_scale:

1 Like

This, and other comments you and people of a similar mind set have made, strongly suggests that you have significant contempt for those who wanted to stay in the EU. It reminds me of when I used to take my son to watch football. He was an avid Sheffield Wednesday fan, whereas I had never had any interest in football, and wasn’t exposed to the culture. It always dismayed me how the winning fans took delight in the misery of the losing fans. I used to feel sorry for them. I was as pleased as anybody else when “we” won, but that didn’t make me feel hostile towards the losers. What it actually amounts to is primitive tribalism, and it is quite an ugly thing to see close up. I’m afraid I see very little difference between that and your attitude, JBR. :pensive:

1 Like

@Harbal …dare I ask? were you a Remainer?

See, this is what gets me now. It’s all well and good for those who nurture ambitions to rejoin the great EU club but I shudder to think how much they’d fleece us to go back.

1 Like

Contempt? Not at all. You have every right to vote for what you believe.
I do, however, feel a little upset for you for having lost the vote yet being unable to accept a democratic decision. After all, as Mary mentions, we live in a democracy.

1 Like

At the time of the referendum I honestly didn’t know which result I would prefer. There were things about the EU that I very much did not like, but I also had doubts about the wisdom of leaving. I didn’t vote in the referendum. One reason was that I didn’t feel I had a good enough understanding of the issue to be able to make an informed decision. The other reason was that I couldn’t be bothered, which is also the reason I never vote in any election. Right up to the result being announced, I honestly didn’t know which outcome I would prefer. The funny thing was that as soon as it was announced, I had an instant gut feeling that it was the wrong decision. Nothing has happened since then to make me think it might have been the right decision after all. Nobody knows, do they, but they won’t admit that, of course.

2 Likes

@JBR , l endorse THAT JBR, they preach democracy untill they lose ??
They still believe they were robbed, despite the result of the following
General Election, which was a landslide !!
Something like Putin now ??
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning:

2 Likes

I didn’t vote, and I have no problem accepting the result of it. I just can’t understand your attitude. You won; you got what you wanted, why can’t you just be pleased about it without being derisory towards those who lost, and didn’t get what they wanted?

1 Like

That’s odd … I too abstained from voting. At first I favoured leaving the EU, then I wasn’t sure so decided not to vote.
Since the referendum though it doesn’t seem to have gone too well but I suspect that is more down to ineptitude with our own government.
So did we do the right thing … still no idea.

1 Like