My Photos From Various Places

Hi Bratti, Thank You for your reply and apologies for my late reply.
It was always my mother who referred to ‘mackerel’ as being, ‘the scavengers of the sea’, because… they fed off anything dead… ie. dead bodies!!
I sometimes grill them floured, salt and peppered but sometimes, l just fry them. Either way, they are delicious and so nutritious.

1 Like

I love to see the Bald Eagles enjoying their freedom as nature intended.

1 Like

Great to see your photos Bratti. Many and varied. A breath of fresh air. :mrgreen:

There are some large gorgeous properties but they are individual houses here and there. Most building are summer residences where we live which is nice. Open wide spaces are so soothing to the soul. I can’t quite explain the comfort they offer.

Thank you for viewing them.

Autumn is gorgeous, isn’t it. So colourful.
Thank you.

To be this close to something so magnificent Is such a privilege. It’s like being in a really cool dream yet it’s real.

This eagle knew my husbands car so whenever he came by, the eagle would show up. We’ve even had an eagle fly right up in front of our house. We live up fairly high so viewing is easier.

Ewwwww. I won’t ever think of them the same.

That sounds like how we prepare most of our fish. Very simple but delicious. It sounds good Art. Fish is exceptionally nutritious. There’s studies that show that people who each more fish protect themselves from early dementia and Alzheimer’s . Omega 3 is definitely brain food

Absolutely. It’s almost a sacred thing to witness.

1 Like

Thank you. :grin:

So so interesting to see all your truly marvelous photos… it is like looking at an open diary of you… hope you keep posting some more soon Bratti.

1 Like

Thank you.
Sure will.

1 & 9 - an old mill.
2 - a field of mustard with wind mills made to create power
3 - an old wooden windmill
4 - chainsaw carving that is approximately 6 feet high
5 - spotted sky I found mesmerizing
6 - huge mushrooms / tiny dog
7 - Lake Huron beach
8 - robin nest

5 Likes

It’s like a different secret world Bratti. Thanks for posting these extraordinary photos.

2 Likes

great stuff - keep goin?

1 Like

Just so glad your able to capture such extraordinary scenes, that leap out at you…wow for sure

1 Like

2 pictures of snowy owls, :duck: some colourful ducks, a temporarily stunned woodpecker, an egret and a mating pair of migrating swans who showed up every summer

5 Likes

Thank you Annie. It’s a wonderful world out here for sure

Thanks gummy . Keep going? If you people aren’t bored to death yet

Thank you Diane.
Shucks. :blush:

2 Likes

When you have ducklings from birth, you get very close to then them.
…Every Fox around wants to take them, and keeping them safe and given them some freedom can be so difficult. We lost our first born Fluffles to a Fox just weeks before we left here for France…he was so so loved…Pebs was born one day after Fluffles and they had different parentage so was good for them to be a pair…They both got lost to foxes sadly…

5 Likes

Oh how adorable. Like yourself, I can’t turn my back on animals who might need help. That’s so kind of you.

My mom used to raise injured birds including doves and seagulls. Caring for animals was something I really admired my mom for.

We have a lot of foxes up here as well as eagles. Our neighbours tell us that the fox near them plays with their cat. Not sure I would like that since they still can carry rabies and our cat is 15.
There are plenty of bald eagles so I keep an eye out on our little dog.

Thanks for sharing Dianne. How did you find these two small ducklings?

1 Like

Colourful autumn scenery October 2021.

6 Likes

Wow some really beautiful work. Excellent eye.

1 Like

Beautiful Autumn colours @Bratti :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am sorry I didn’t find this thread before. Your photo’s are beautiful, Bratti, what a lovely area you live in. Unspoilt too.

We used to have fields & grazing animals when we first came here to live. Now we are surrounded by new houses, but still have some country views.

1 Like

Fluffles the first duckling born at our Bexhill on Sea home…It was one of our Chickens that incubated it until we saw it trying to break out of its shell…
Soon after he hatched a female duck arrived as well. They had different parents so could be a pair, so it turned out well, as they adored each other.
…Well they shared their little pen and swimming area so was a ‘forced marriage’ !

2 Likes

Thank you Danny. It means a lot coming from you. That last lobster boat I’m going to paint this weekend.

2 Likes