My Photos From Various Places

Love those photos, particularly the first set of the creek.

1 Like

Thank you Ciderman. They were taken with my husband phone since I hadn’t brought mine that morning.

Note: experimenting with possible photo preview.

3 Likes

Thanks for that @Bratti . Trout here seem to be mainly farmed and stocked in large lakes. There is big money in charging people to fish the lakes.
I’ve never tried freshwater fishing, I’ve always liked just sitting on a beach watching the waves come it. Not mattering if I caught anything or not. Usually not :grinning:
I guess trout in the wild return to the oceans to spawn much like salmon.

1 Like

I guess there is big money in fishing.
Here it cost $36 for a license to fish per year BUT it’s free to fish in the salt water and you are legally allowed to cross anyone’s property to go fishing as long as it’s not cultivated land. In other words you can’t merely hike across someone’s garden to go fishing.

In Ontario it wouldn’t have cost him anything since he’s a veteran. They don’t honour that here…… yet.

I’m the opposite. I’ve fished in rivers, lakes and streams but never saltwater. In fact, we did a lot of fishing in our interior canoeing days since it would limit our overall weight being carried whereas my husband has done plenty of fishing in the ocean. He was born and raised near the ocean and has friends who are professional fisherman. They give him about 100 pounds of cod, sole and haddock each year.

Sometimes I swim while he’s fishing but nowhere near where he’s fishing. He usually goes out with his chest weighters on up to his chest whereas I’m a at least half a kilometre out. The buoyancy it offers is amazing. The only thing I have had to get used to is sharing it with these guys.

With how many I see and how far I swim, I’m surprised I haven’t been stung yet.

My husbands the same as you. He just loves fishing which is why I don’t usually offer to go. I can tell it’s something he prefers to do on his own and I’m perfectly ok with that. It’s actually exciting listening to him tell of his fishing adventures.

3 Likes

Eee Bratti lass, I’ve really, really enjoyed looking at your pictures.
I can smell the food, hear the birds, hear the water lapping and feel the coolness near the rocks and the stream at the top.
It’s proper calmed me down. Thank you!
:yum:

2 Likes

Where we used to live had many Mennonites who I got along with well. They were polite, respectful and minded their own business. At one point in time I befriended them and they invited me to attend a church service where I driven to by a horse drawn buggy like the ones in these pictures minus the headlight. It was a lively service where I sang to my hearts content. Afterwards I was then invited to a wonderful lunch where I was lovingly accepted by this group. It left a very memorable impression.

These are photos of the Amish who are similar to the Mennonites.

3 Likes

Where I was raised was bordering farm fields where corn grew along with horses, cattle and the odd donkey to protect them so I’ve grown fond of them. Here are some photos of horses and other like farm animals.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed viewing these and getting an insight into your life bratty, thank you for sharing such happy and great photos

1 Like

Well thank you for viewing them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@Bratti A fantastic array of photos Bratti, I found them very interesting. :+1:

1 Like

Wow! Great photos Bratti.
Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much Mags and Alice.
Cool name.

6 Likes

Beautiful autumnal colours, Bratti. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wow @Bratti what stunning colours. More fab photos

1 Like

Thank you !

4 Likes

Wow! Lovely eye-catching autumn photos, Bratti :slight_smile:

2 Likes

enjoyed looking at all those pics,thanks Bratti,

1 Like

@Bratti looks so peaceful there. No sprawling housing estates just wide open spaces :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Alice and doctor and chillie

Earlier I mentioned parts of assorted fish that are left after my husband cleans them. Well this is what we do with them. There’ was a breeding pair, nest and all down the road from us that we fed. Here are some of those photos. There are many eagles in this province . They like to perch in barren trees. One of them would sit in one and watch my husband fish.

3 Likes

Wow amazing pictures. The must be really impressive in real life. What sort of wingspan are we talking Bratti?
My guess is the eagle knows what your husband is up to and is waiting for a free meal :grinning:

1 Like