My Photos From Various Places

I’d like to create a place where I can share my photos without hijacking someone else’s thread
Today we went out for a walk and found a very unique river.
The sunlight was shining in so many different directions.
And the water was so clear. Apparently the native Indians used to live here.

11 Likes

These are photos while out kayaking the other day. It was such a gorgeous day.

9 Likes

Love the photos @Bratti . That house reminds me of one of those you see in the films where some grizzly deed has been done :grinning:

2 Likes

Fantastic photos Bratti, lovely scenery! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you.

I know.
It really does. Here’s a photo of it from the road.
It’s a photograph I’m considering painting but from the water side.

Here are some photos of when we go out in the boat a

Dog life jackets are on order.

8 Likes

I would definitely do it Bratti. It’s a good interesting subject :ghost:

3 Likes

Warning: pictures of beheaded dead fish

Thank you Mags.

I will add it to the list. Thank you.

Here are so photos of the fish my husband is catching. He has a license and makes sure to follow the rules on what kind he can catch, how big they need to be as well as how many.
These are speckled trout but caught in the ocean

The fish on the table in the garage are mackerel which were caught when they were swimming in a school and easy to catch. These were cleaned and bbq’ed. The rest were put in the freezer and the remains fed to eagle :eagle: ( pics about this to come later )

He’s caught white perch which were small but very tasty and he’s caught many mussels. They are all over the place. What’s amazing is the colour of the fish and the flavour. The speckled trout tastes very similar to salmon but way less expensive. Oysters were caught too but not many.

5 Likes

Those fish look really fresh and delicious. They look better than the Brown and Rainbow Trout we get here.

Recognise the mackerel as we get them here.

I like seeing where other people live and the things they do. Thanks for sharing.:grinning:

2 Likes

Oh it looks amazing Bratti! And that pic I quoted above - I would LOVE to live somewhere like that (it looks a lot like the scenery around here in Wales - I just hope you have the better weather :lol:)

Agree about the fish too - looks yum!

3 Likes

Love the photos particularly the dog on the boat. Fab pic.

2 Likes

Thanks Chillie,
This is the first time we have had them also. My husband had been catching fish in the river which were nice but a resident said there’s nicer fish in the ocean which there was. The people around here really share the tips and best fishing spots. Great people.

Awesome! Do you fish too? I find it very interesting the differences between certain species in the UK and Canada. Even with the birds, there are distinct differences which I find fascinating.

Oh I really enjoy seeing photos of where others live too. It’s most interesting and there’s no better way to communicate that than through photos.

Thanks for viewing :heart:

Here are some flower photos These are this years flower baskets

Lupines that grow wild here.

Hollyhocks
Sweet peas
Community flowers

6 Likes

Bratti these are brilliant pictures! Thank you for sharing. It looks like perfect bliss! That fish looks yummy

:hugs:

2 Likes

Haven’t been fishing for years. Used to go sea fishing on boats also did a lot of beach fishing.

Love the pictures of the plants. I think I recognise all of them, as we get them here.

3 Likes

Well we are only an ocean away and If continents did in fact divide before they became separate continents, maybe that’s why there are so many similarities.

The weather so far has been great. We haven’t been here in winter yet but I’ll let you know.

More flowers and such

4 Likes

Thank you Minx
It is perfect bliss

Clematis, lilacs, lilies, columbines……

l

5 Likes

That sounds like lots of fun. Being near the ocean is fun in itself. This is the first time we’ve been ocean fishing but I’m not very good. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Here are some sunsets
!

(upload://3Or4UEiWiUV3tpePpgA3xxVcPif.jpeg)

5 Likes

Wow @Bratti those sunsets are spectacular. Looks a real special place.:grinning:

2 Likes

Bratti, Your pics are wonderful and the area where you live, looks idyllic. It looks a healthy place to live, fresh and natural.
The flowers are beautiful. I love all the colours… but most of all it was the mackerel that struck me… so much so…l had to go out specially to buy some fresh mackerel!!
I did so enjoy eating the…scavenger of the sea!

2 Likes

Thank you.
Hey! I’m learning a bit about fishing lately.
When we first got here , the first fish my husband
caught was a brown trout. They were whitish inside and tasted completely different than the speckled sea trout. Plus, as you can see, the colour is completely different. I knew this was due to their diet but what I didn’t understand was that the brown trout is nature’s most diverse vertebrae in the world. They actually have between 38 and 42 pairs of chromosomes.

They were introduced into Canada from the UK and flourished here. They don’t breed in the wild but they do in fish farms and are called brownbows.

Rainbow trout are also farmed by the Indians here. Apparently many find their way out .
I find it fascinating how a freshwater fish living in the rivers and streams can adapt to living in salt water.

It’s a great thing that rivers and streams are replenished by ministry of natural resources.

I thought you might be interested in this.

1 Like

It is. The air and water are so fresh and clean.
It’s a wonderful place to live. I’m so glad we moved here.

I had no idea that mackerel were so colourful. They shine a rainbow colour. Another thing I didn’t realize was that they were the scavenger of the sea. We cooked them on the bbq with tinfoil wrapped around them and they were delicious. Apparently fish is the best brain food.
I need all the fish I can get. :stuck_out_tongue:

How do you could them Art?