My darling sister

That sounds very encouraging @Bathsheba, I hope she continues to improve.

1 Like

Just seen this thread Sheba I really hope your sister has turned the corner and is on her way to recovering, it seems she is responding to her treatment, so that is good news

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Yes, Iā€™m daring to hope she has turned a corner, but I know itā€™s too soon to be complacent. She apparently got through the night OK, and is still stable BP wise etc., but sheā€™s not responding to the meds for her poor kidney function, so they were putting lines in at about 7.00am for dialysis, which will take over her kidney function today.

The thing is sheā€™s had compromised kidneys for several years due to the very strong meds sheā€™s taken on and off for an extreme form of psoriasis she suffers from. Sheā€™s had to have 3 monthly blood tests to check her kidney function, and has had to change the meds accordingly when the results were poor. So itā€™s unsurprising that her kidneys have taken a hit now.

Thank you all once again for your continued support and prayers. You really are a lovely lot xxx

4 Likes

:two_hearts::two_hearts: so pleased

1 Like

May her good recovery continue, Bath.

1 Like

It sounds as if things are going in the right direction now Bathsheba, long may it continue. Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

Thank you all :pray:. Yes @MargaretF, I am daring to hope that things are improving now.

6 Likes

So please to hear that Bathsheba xx

1 Like

Prayers, good thoughts, and lots of virtual hugs DO work. Iā€™m very happy to read your sister is responding well now, Sheba.

2 Likes

@Bathsheba HUGS HUGS and HUGS and tonight you get a spare one just because *HUGS"

1 Like

Thank you @Muddy, @Percy_Vere and @Kazz. Yes the hugs really do help, thank you so much for them :heart:

1 Like

Positive news Batheba! We are all rooting for you!

1 Like

Sending prayers to you and your sister, Bathshebaā€¦Positive thoughts are the best medicine.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry to read this Bathsheba ā€¦ what a awful time you must be havingā€¦I hope your sister recovers as Swims said there is so much they can do these days. Biggest hugs x

1 Like

Well sheā€™s still with us, but the latest update from my nephew isnā€™t really good. Although her heart no longer needs medication, it is still weak and is leading to other areas of dependency for her organs. The kidneys are being supported by the dialysis machine, but she isnā€™t really passing any urine at the moment. Oxygen levels are low, so thereā€™s concern for her lungs, and sheā€™s now using a CPAP mask, but theyā€™re concerned that if this doesnā€™t improve in the coming hours, they will have to intubate, which would mean her going on a ventilator and sedation. Not what we wanted to hear. The only bright spark is that the microbiologist has now identified the sepsis infection from growing a culture, and it is being more properly targeted with meds.

They are doing all they can, but that thing called hope, which Iā€™m still holding onto (just), feels as if itā€™s in short supply right now :cry:

So sorry to hear that. You keep holding on to that hope, there is always hope. Sending you hugs :hugs:

1 Like

So sorry to read this Bathsheba but remember, the darkest hour is just before the dawn. Never give up hope. Sending positive vibes to you and your sister.

1 Like

Very sorry to be reading this. Hugs from me too :hugs:.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m piling on the :hugs: here as well, Sheba, keeping the good thoughts going your way - never let go of the hope you have. xx

2 Likes

Difficult but we all wish you and dear sister all the best.

1 Like