My darling sister

Some of you will know my sister had a heart attack last Wednesday, which led to cardiac arrest for 10-12 minutes. She was blue-lighted to hospital, where she remains. Things were beginning, just, to look hopeful - she even managed to respond, briefly, to one of my texts two days ago, telling me she hoped to be able to talk on the phone in a couple of days.

Well that has all changed today, as she’s contracted sepsis, and is back in high dependency. She’s not responding to the treatment and her BP has dropped seriously. They are giving her lots of fluids, which seems to be pulling her BP back up. But if she’s not responding to the drugs they’re giving her, the sepsis is going to win.

We live 250 miles apart, and I haven’t seen her for absolutely ages. Kept meaning to go up and visit, and then Covid appeared… I’m just trying to come to terms with the very real possibility that I’ll never see her again. Can’t believe I’m actually typing these words about my beloved sister, who’s always been there for me :cry:

6 Likes

@Bathsheba so sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to you. Living so far away makes it doubly difficult.
I guess you just keep hope going.
My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. :hugs:

1 Like

Praying that she starts responding to the drugs that they are probably giving to her through a line, such a worrying time for all family involved.

Give it time,Bathsheba, it can take a while for the drugs to take affect…thinking of you all and praying hard for your beloved sister to pull through.:pray:

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this my thoughts are with you .

1 Like

Bathsheba I’m so sorry to read your news about your beloved sister . My heart goes out to you.

1 Like

@Bathsheba, I can well understand how you would be feeling, and empathise. I hope and pray that she comes through this. Sending massive hugs to you and her.

1 Like

Ditto to both of the above. More :hugs: coming your way from me.

1 Like

Very sorry to read this, I hope your sister starts to respond to the drugs. more :hugs: from me also.

1 Like

So sorry for your upset and worry at the moment, Sheba.
They will be doing all they can for her, so try to hang on in there, and hope for some encouraging news soon. x

1 Like

Thinking of you and your sister sending love and and healing thoughts :two_hearts:

1 Like

@Bathsheba - Prayers, Hugs and Positive thoughts heading your way.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Bathsheba ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. They are all so appreciated :kissing_heart: :pray:

1 Like

So sorry to hear this @Bathsheba, I truly hope your dear sister will respond to the drugs.

My thoughts are with you both.

1 Like

Ohhhhj Sheba, I am so so sorry , you must be beside yourself with fear for your beloved sisters life. I imagine you feel helpless too. My heart goes out to you and all I can offer is prayer of which I will keep your sister and you in my prayers.

I wish I could hug you right now.

Xxxxxxxxx

1 Like

It’s terrible feeling helpless and separated by distance … but if you believe in the power of thought and love send her your most powerful healing vibes, as we’re all sending them to you …
Love & hugs to both you and your sister.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this Bathsheba, I really do hope your Sister pulls through. Thinking of you and your Sister.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this Bathsheba. Is there any way you can get to see her now?

My lovely SIL died at the beginning of November aged just 66. It was her birthday at end of Sept and we hadn’t seen her for nearly 2 years due to covid. I insisted we went to see her for her birthday (my husband always puts things off) and am so glad we did because that was the last time we saw her and her husband rang me that night and said our visit really perked her up and she loved it. We left saying we would visit again but of course that never happened.

I do hope you can get to see her soon. Xx

1 Like

Terrible news Bathsheba…:frowning:
Is there any way to visit your sister?

1 Like

Oh Sheba, I was just about to ask how your sister was, when I saw this. I am so very sorry about the downturn, but from what you say, the BP is rising due to the fluids they are giving her, so that might help her start responding to the drugs they give her for sepsis. It must be so difficult being so far away, and just waiting by the phone for news. I don’t know what to say apart from everyone is thinking about you and sending all the love and positivity we can for good news. :hugs: xx

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to read this Sheba.

20 years ago my hubby was in hospital with sepsis & I feared I was going to lose him. Things were looking really bleak. The drugs weren’t working. Then after having three different antibiotics he suddenly started to respond. Don’t give up hope.

Thinking of you. ((((HUG))))

2 Likes