My darling sister

I wish your sister, and you and the rest of the family all the very best Bathsheba x
Thinking of you and sending big ((hugs))

1 Like

Sending positive vibes to you and your sister Bathsheba - hopefully she will soon start responding to the drugs. I know of someone who caught sepsis when he was in hospital being treated for cancer and his family were prepared for the worst, however he rallied unexpectedly and made a full recovery. Never give up hope.

1 Like

Hi

It is amazing what they can do now.

Times have moved on.

My last wait for a priority ambulance was so long I triggered the Sepsis Protocols but survived.

Different parts of the NHS use different terms, stupid I know, but there we are.

Locally we have Resus Red and Resus Green.

You do not want to be in Resus Red.

You then move out into ITU or HDU.

ITU means a Central Line, in your neck usually, and constant monitoring of your body.

Highly skilled Nurses who are with you 24/7 and readings every few minutes.

HDU is a step down from this.

Your sister is in the right place and they will be doing everything possible to help her.

I genuinely hope that everything goes well.

1 Like

Thank you all so much - Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not replying personally to everyone, but please know that I have read every word youā€™ve said and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your love and support. You really are a lovely lot on here, arenā€™t you?

My sister has been moved back to ICU, from HD, so she can be monitored closely overnight on a 1:1 basis. She is on such a cocktail of drugs that she needs this amount of close attention. They really are doing everything they can.

@LionQueen particular thanks to you, to take the time and trouble to reach out with love when you yourself are going through such worrying times with John :two_hearts: :two_hearts:

Oh I do, Morty, and thatā€™s just what Iā€™m doing all the time. Thank you for doing the same xx

Sadly not, Iā€™m afraid, as theyā€™re only allowing next of kin in to see her. Her younger son has been named as NoK because he lives so close. Iā€™m hoping his older brother, on his way back from Yorkshire (he only returned there yesterday!) will also be allowed in.

Thank you @carol and @MargaretF - two very encouraging stories.

@swimfeeders thank you for your encouragement - I know you have so much first hand experience of coronary care and ICU.

2 Likes

Bathsheba, This is so sad and l really feel for you both and all her family.
In your posts, you always come across as caring and so lovely, so l am very sad to read that you are going through all this worry and your sister isnā€™t so good.

I think all the posts on here are so kind and reassuring.
I will say a prayer for your sister, in fact, l will go now and get my rosary beads and say the rosary for your sister.

2 Likes

Oh bless you Arty. I have a beautiful rosary that I bought at St Peters in Rome. I bought one for my sister there too. I would dearly love to think she had it with her, but I somehow doubt it. I think Iā€™ll ask my nephew to see if he can find it and take it into her if allowed. Thank you for reminding me - and thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers :kissing_heart::pray:

1 Like

I am so sorry for your troubles, sending love and hope to you xx Be strong, love is a powerful thing and she will feel it across the miles xx

1 Like

My love and good wishes for a happy outcome, weā€™re all there for you Bathsheba, hang on xxx

1 Like

@Bathsheba HUGS HUGS and yet more HUGS coming your way everything crossed here for a good reaction to the medication

1 Like

Thank you @Maree, @ruthio and @Kazz. Yes, love is a very powerful thing, and Iā€™m feeling it in spades on here, from so many people I feel are my friends, even though Iā€™ve never met any of you xx

4 Likes

Oh Bathsheba, my rosary beads are also from Rome.
My sister got her friend to get us some rosary beads when she went to Rome, to see the Pope.

1 Like

Bathsheba, after reading your posts, my heart goes out to you.
I have two sisters, we are not able to meet often but we are mentally and emotionally close, so I can imagine how distraught I would feel in your situation.

Sending positive vibes to your sister to get well and to you for the strength to get through this. Hugs to you both xx

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your sister Sheba, I hope she pulls through, and I hope your next update will be good newsā€¦Until then Iā€™m sending a couple of hugs, one for you and one for your dear sister.
:hugs: :hugs: xx

1 Like

Bathsheba, I am most sorry to read about your sisterā€™s health challenges all that you are both going through. I am sure the physicians and nurses are doing what they can. I hope itā€™s encouraging to know that most people do come back well from sepsis, it just takes a while to clear. That her blood pressure is returning is good news. Hoping for the best.

2 Likes

So sad to read this post about your sister Bathsheba :icon_sad:
I hope the days ahead bring better news ā€¦x

1 Like

Thank you @Boot, @OldGreyFox, @Surfermom and @Meg. Your wishes and thoughts are so appreciated.

And all these positive vibes may just be helping - Iā€™ve just had an update from my nephew that the nurse on ITU is pleased with her progress. Her BP has stabilised and theyā€™ve reduced the fluids. AND, she is now responding well to the drugs!!! She may need some dialysis tomorrow because of damage to her kidneys from the dramatic drop in her BP earlier. But that will be just a one off, to help her kidneys start functioning properly again. So I am actually daring to hope now. It has been a rollercoaster today.

11 Likes

That is great news @Bathsheba, I hope your sister continues to improve. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Fantastic news Sheba! :hugs:

2 Likes

oh what brilliant news to open up my computer to, positive vibes coming your way and Iā€™ll continue to pray. xxx

2 Likes

Great news Bathsheba! Enjoy today now. Xx

1 Like