Muddys Trip to Australia

What a lovely kookaburra story Muddy! Thank heavens you happened upon him when you did, because he wouldn’t have survived those trucks. He’d obviously been hit and was stunned but not injured. It could have ended so badly but for you and Mr M, so well done both of you :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can’t believe your holiday is nearly over, that time has really flown by.

2 Likes

What a handsome young man . Thankyou muddy . In his painting and his photo he is in both

Just looked at painting and photo and i can see its him by his eyes . Its lovely . I wish i had your talent

When i tried painting my son a few years ago and sent him a photo of his profile he sent me a message back that is too rude to repeat :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You deserve an “I saved a kookaburra” badge, perhaps Azz can add it to his stash.

You have captured your Son’s eyes beautifully.

2 Likes

Not a lot of people know this - kookaburras are in the same genus as our kingfishers.

2 Likes

Brilliant kookaburra saga. Loved how it ended where you saved its life. Awwww best news of the day

Respect to you Muddy for saving the kookaburra, it wouldn’t have made it but for your intervention.:clap:

1 Like

Thank you Jazzi
At last I have got a more recent photo when he has shaved !
His hair looks darker as it’s wet, I wish I had taken this photo before I started to paint I had a bad reference photo for the other . .

4 Likes

Caught in the act of encouraging a Brush Turkey

Beautiful rainforest morning , I am going to miss this :frowning:

3 Likes

Very good likeness Muddy, I would have easily recognised your son from your painting.
You might be leaving soon Muddy, but you take with you some beautiful memories…
Safe journey home…
:hugs:

1 Like

Thank you OGF
I don’t wanna go :cry:

2 Likes

I can’t blame you Muddy, I’d be the same in such beautiful surrounding…
:sunglasses:
But we need you here…one or two members are getting out of hand…
:policeman:

2 Likes

I can see why you’ll be sad to leave your boy and all that glorious flora and fauna behind.
We’ve enjoyed your trip alongside you, with all your interesting posts and fabulous photos. xx

2 Likes

Wow he’s drop dead gorgeous!

1 Like

Surely you could get a family reunion PR visa?

Oh! just looked it up costs about $7000 and has a waiting time of 30 to 50 years. However you could pay $47000 and do it in 2 years.

Bloody hell, when my wife’s mother came out from the UK it was free.

What a handsome young man, Muddy. He has very beautiful eyes!

1 Like

Thank you Silver Tabby I think so but I am biased :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our last full day in Australia tomorrow I panic !
We went to the beach on the Gold Coast the aptly named Sunshine Coast
It was beautiful.
The bird is a white Ibis there were lots of them walking around .

6 Likes

Bin Chickens or rats of the air!

Not a bird lover then Bruce ?

I don’t mind birds at all but Ibis have become a bit of a nuisance in places especially around Sydney, in Wollongong they are no problem they are not in plague proportions.

They are like seagulls in England in that they find human food very handy and they rummage in bins. Lots of birds do the same thing eg crows but Ibis are so big and their beaks can reach so far.

When I first came to Sydney in the 60s they didn’t didn’t exist in the metropolitan area and I couldn’t understand how they had grown to be such a nuisance then I discovered it was all the fault of Taronga Zoo. It is quite an educational film but I don’t think they anticipated the “problem” they would become.