Muddys Trip to Australia

Yes they do have shark nets ( although there is a move to remove them as they entrap and kill other species such as whales ) .But , shark nets do not prevent attacks as the sharks can avoid them they just kill any shark that becomes entangles in them .
A swimmer was fatally killed about two weeks ago off a Sydney beach and shark are very mobile travelling great distances very quickly .
There were lots of people in the water however it’s just me .

That’s right Mags too many people on a span are too heavy and also cause it to shake and it’s very high .( this was just the start of the walk ) That’s why soldiers break step crossing bridges .

1 Like

I think if I was crossing, I would hold on very tight there Muddy! :grinning:

1 Like

Never mind the sharks, have you seen this?

Yes we were expecting this today but it’s lovely calm and sunny hope I will miss it as we only have a few days left .

I am in trouble again
The birds are now coming in greater numbers and sorry to say they are very noisy and quarrelsome .
My son and partner who are working from home can’t hear themselves speak on the phone .
People think they are calling from the zoo.

4 Likes

Great thread Muddy I’ve really enjoyed looking at it…enjoy your last few days…oh meant to ask does your son like the painting of him ?

He didn’t like the first one I did he does like the one I have just done actually although I don t think it looks exactly like him .( it’s on another thread now )
But he is difficult to paint ( I know this as a portrait artist friend has done a painting of him too using the same reference and that really doesn’t look like him either (althought it’s a million times better than mine ) - he actually told me he ( my son ) was hard to do but it has been accepted for the Society of Portrait painters exhibition in the mall so my artist friend is very pleased .Also I am using cheap acrylics which are really childrens paints and they are more difficult to use as they don’t have much pigment in them . I didn’t bring my oil paints as I thought they might leak in the luggage and cause disaster .

1 Like

How do you feel about coming home Muddy ? The time has flown by . I know theres no place like home but where your son lives looks so beautiful and I’d never want to leave .

I an dreading the long flight and of course will be sorry to leave . I wanted to come as I may never make this journey again to see my son now a man but forever my little boy I will be sad .

4 Likes

how long are you staying there Muddy? I wish you’d stuck me in your suitcase, I love all these pictures you are sharing,

1 Like

I have been here three weeks LQ and will leave next Tuesday …

You have some beautiful memories and memory photos to take home with you. I’ve loved how you shared your holiday with us. Especially the parrots x

1 Like

At last I am done with this painting of my son as I have done the best I can with it .
I have not done the paintings I thought I would do on this trip
I probaby should clear up the mess

My painting cubby

6 Likes

Excellent, Muddy, your son has beautiful eyes.

1 Like

Lovely painting and very handsome . Earlier you said it didnt look like your son so I’m wondering would you put up a life photo of him too. It would be interesting to see for ourselfs. I think its lovely.

1 Like

Here is one before he grew his hair long and gave up shaving ( I will try and get a more recent one )

7 Likes

Todays Kookaburra adventure .
So this pm off we went to the nearest town to get a fresh loaf . On the way down a steep winding road we suddenly came across a Kookaburra in the middle of the road clearly it had been hit by a car . We actually passed over the top of it but I thought it was still alive and begged Mr M to go back . Easier said than done there was no places to turn around in the narrow road at last we found a place and went back meanwhile another car had come down . Amazingly the bird was still there and still looking alive .
Now kookaburra s have big beaks and all I had was a baseball cap so covered his head and picked him up . Just in time as some trucks came roaring past .
So off we went again and I thought I would drop in at the vets although I didn’t give much for his chances he didn’t move just laid in my lap although his eye was still bright .
I took a couple of pics
No sooner had I done this when he suddenly came alive and flew squawking and flapping all over the dashboard and steering wheel ( we are on a narrow steep road with no where to stop ) luckily Mr M kept his cool and pulled in and I opened the door and Mr Kookaburra flew off into the rainforest .
Seemingly ok maybe he was just in a state of shock .
Here he is .

8 Likes

What a good looking chap your son is, Muddy!

1 Like

Good to hear the Kookaburra story had a happy ending Muddy. He was probably stunned by his collision with a vehicle, and by the sounds of it, he would most certainly have died on that very busy road without your intervention…
:+1:

1 Like