Muddys Trip to Australia

Well folks here I am halfway on my journey to Australia sitting in Changi airport Singapore .
Left home Monday and traveled up to Heathrow , got covid tested ( passed ) and stayed overnight to catch the early flight to Singapore .
The airports are eerily quiet . Heathrow the busiest airport in the world is not the same .
Laden with our copious amounts of paperwork , tests exemptions declarations and visas we made it through check in . This included a call to the Aussies to confirm we were kosher as we were travelling on British passports .
Believe me a British passport ain’t what it used to be !
There were no queues and the plane was half empty all the staff wear PPE masks are obligatory all the time .
So I have been wearing a mask nearly 24 hours now ( except for eating)
We are in transit in Changi and the place is like a ghost town . No the wonderful exciting exotic airport I remember ( it’s 22 years since I last went through Changi )

This is travel in the age of covid .

Have a couple of more hours here before embarking on the next leg to Brisbane meanwhile watching dawn rise over Singapore something I have not seen in many a long year .
It’s has now disappeared into a deluge !

11 Likes

Ohhhh muddy safe travels. Strange and different times indeed.

How exciting though you get to travel.

Looking forward to all the memory photos .

Do a blog on this thread. So excited for you xxx

3 Likes

Have a good visit. Welcome to the Lucky Country.

Ah, Singapore in the rainy season! Travel is a lot more expensive now.

Qantas is keeping Darwin as its one hop stop from London until WA opens up, probably even wetter there.

2 Likes

Safe journey for you Muddy, you have waited so long for this. :+1:

Exciting time for you ahead, enjoy yourself! :grinning:

2 Likes

Fantastic news that you are well on your way! I know you must be both tired and happy! Looking forward to the reports. Enjoy; you deserve it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi

Enjoy it Muddy, you deserve it.

2 Likes

May your feet touch down safely in Australia, then thoroughly enjoy your long awaited for reunion with your beloved family.:pray:

1 Like

Have a wonderful time with your family.

2 Likes

Have a wonderful holiday, Muddy.

Ah Changi, remember it well. Am so envious! I always stayed a few nights in Singapore as stopovers for my two trips (Oz and NZ), both going and returning, so have been in and out of Changi several times.

2 Likes

What an exciting journey Muddy, stay safe and thanks for checking in.
:039:

2 Likes

Happy for you Muddy . I so remember the sound of the birds singing . Enjoy

2 Likes

Have a really lovely time Muddy you have waited long enough for it xx

2 Likes

Muddy, This is just what the doctor ordered for you. To see your son will really cheer you… plus the warmth of the sun too.
Have a brilliant time and l look forward to seeing the pics of the area and some exotic birds.

2 Likes

Am I jealous or what? Brisbane is top of my bucket list as I have “friends” out there as well and a cousin in Sidney

1 Like

I am so happy for you Muddy, you’re finally going to see your son and family after waiting so long. What an exciting journey this is! Have a wonderful time. Well of course you will!! Looking forward to hearing lots more as your trip unfolds xx

2 Likes

How wonderful to be able to travel again!
Hope you have a wonderful trip - it would be great to read about your travels if you get time to keep us updated along the way.
Have fun! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lucky you muddy, I’m not jealous.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your good wishes .:slight_smile:
Here at last and glad to get my mask off - having been wearing it since I left home on Monday morning except for eating and now I am going to bed as it’s 11.30 pm .

8 Likes

So glad you got there safely,:pray:

1 Like

Didn’t Changi used to accommodate a POW camp? That could account for the ghosts :wink:

3 Likes