Mrs Fox and me have tested positive for covid

Hope the weather has brought a relaxing day

1 Like

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I’m getting back in the groove again with a five mile walk every day. Yesterday was hard because I left it too late and the sun had risen high in the sky and the temperature was topping around 30*C by the time I got home. Today was cooler and fresher and I managed a decent pace, although any attempt at jogging is out for the moment. The only problem is that it whacks me out for the rest of the day.

Mrs Fox is also making good progress but has not left the house yet, we both are still doing a lot of sleeping but are eating well.
Thanks for the advice about the pulse/oxy meter, @summer and @swimfeeders but I’ve had one for quite some time now and it was the reason I visited a cardiologist back in July. My heart rate dropped to 35 beats per minute after returning from a run, but the cardiologist said that it was measuring my pulse and not my heart rate. The problem I have at the moment are the random electrical signals that can only be measured by using a monitor with a chest strap.

I understand their use in measuring the oxygen content of the blood and I do seem to have a bit of a cough since having covid, so I’ll keep an eye on that. Apparently the results of my MRI scan will be available during a telephone appointment later in the month, so I’ll wait and see what can be done (if anything). I was glad to read that John is making a good recovery @LionQueen and as if you haven’t got enough on your plate without worrying about me…But I appreciate it anyway and am sending you and John all my best wishes…

7 Likes

It’s really good to hear that you’re up, about, and almost completely back to your old self Bob.
:023:

2 Likes

Ditto :+1:

1 Like

Glad to hear that you’re out and about again! Take it easy!

1 Like

We haven’t half missed you and we were so worried for you and thats because we all really care about you. Keep getting better both of you, may you get to full strength soon. Xxx

2 Likes

Foxy, You sound so much better and l am so pleased that you both are coming towards the end of the nightmare that Covid must be.

2 Likes

Such good news, Sexy Knees, I hope you and Mrs Fox continue to improve!

1 Like

hi Foxy glad to hear that you and Mrs Fox are on the mend . Tell us now how was it really did it fill you with fear ,was it comparable to the flu ? on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the severity of your illness?

1 Like

Morning Muddy… :039:
We thought we were going to die… :skull_and_crossbones: No Seriously!
I’d rate it at 15 out of ten… :anguished:
I’ve probably felt worse in the past but not for as long, you soon forget pain though otherwise people would only ever run one marathon… :running_man:

I set off for my five mile walk on Thursday and had a bit of a wobble. Heartrate was all over the place and I felt so bad that I had to return home after only one mile… :flushed:
I was a bit worried I can tell you…

Anyway, I rested for Friday and Saturday and went out early this morning. I felt so good that not only did I get round my five miler, I even managed a couple of short jogs… :smirk: Only short jogs mind you…So don’t tell Mrs Fox… :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Good to read from you, OGF!

If you decide to get a pacemaker, make sure it’s not one that runs in front of you, wearing tight shorts.

The best ones run off a battery - when it’s not flat!

Play safe!

2 Likes

@OldGreyFox Hi Bob :slightly_smiling_face: it’s good to hear things are continuing to improve just be careful don’t push your body too far until it has fully recovered.

2 Likes

I think you’ll live.

:mini: :mini: :mini:

2 Likes

its a seriously nasty virus I’m not sure why it is some people don’t really get too poorly and others are so ill my daughter was so poorly and is still suffering even though she had both jabs…I wonder bob has having the virus changed your opinion on vaccinations at all?

Summer, I expect that is a question many have wanted to ask!
I think that Foxy & his wife have been through some dark times, but they seem to be coming through it now & we hope they will completely recover.
On the other hand your daughter had her jabs and still suffered badly. :cry:
Perhaps there is no right or wrong answer about having the jab so we all make our own choice. I suspect the jabs just helped in making sure that less hospital beds were needed , so less people died & the NHS didn’t run out of money!
Maybe this is a new WW3, where humans find a way to beat the enemy…Viruses

So sorry to read about your daughters suffering after having covid Summer…I hope she can return to fitness soon. I can’t explain why some people suffer worse than others, except that we are all different and some develop illnesses and recover, and some don’t, or have long lasting effects…

If anything, catching covid has strengthened my resolve in deciding not to have the vaccines.
I didn’t honestly think that I would ever catch the virus, and although I’ve been very careful to avoid infection, you can’t be careful for your spouse, daughter or son in law who can pass it on to you. I’m not blaming any of them incidentally…

Catching the virus was always going to be a possibility though, and I’m a big believer in the power of the mind and body. Do not underestimate what your body is capable of, and with me it was just a case of risk assessment. I always believed that I could beat covid and would emerge stronger, despite media reports and statistics suggesting the reverse.

The long term effects of the vaccines are not fully understood, and I believe that, although preventing serious illness from covid, they will interfere with immune systems for other serious infections and illnesses. Only time will tell…

5 Likes

Thanks for your honest reply Bob…I wish I were confident regarding the vaccinations I’m not sure why catching covid affected my daughter so badly its such a worry to be honest and its confusing as she had both jabs. I’m glad you are on the road to recovery though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@OldGreyFox - Hi there - it is wonderful to see you posting again and I am so happy that you and Mrs Fox are recovering. Don’t rush things though - listen to your own instincts - not confused pseudo medical advice - and take care.

2 Likes

@OldGreyFox Exactly what I expected you to say Bob :slightly_smiling_face: and while I don’t agree with you about vaccination I do think that is some instances ‘the medication can be worse than the condition’ and lifestyle/attuite of mind can go a long way in helping some conditions.

I am relieved and delighted you and Mrs Fox are doing so well and will now have a level of immunity from the virus.

1 Like

Thanks Summer, I hope she is feeling better soon… :heart: