Mrs Fox and me have tested positive for covid

Thanks Tabby, it’s good to be mingling again. I never did take much notice of medical science… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My body tells me all I need to know… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks Meg, it was touch and go at one point… :worried: But it seems we have both come through it. Although I’m still having breathing difficulties while out walking and jogging… :frowning:
It’s hard to know whether it’s covid or the heart trouble. I suspect it’s the latter because I was experiencing that before covid. My results from the MRI scan will be available on the 30th Sept, through a telephone consultation, so I might learn a little bit more then. Take care Meg, and I will post the results then…If I last that long… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Of course you will - I am campaigning for ‘Home Rule’ for Yorkshire - and have nominated you as President - so you have to stick around, sexy knees!

I think you will agree foxy, its all unknown, the long term effect of a Covid Jab, or, the long term effect of the Covid Infection (Long Covid), its a land of confusion at the moment, time will tell.
Glad you are on the mend. :biking_man: :walking_man:

2 Likes

@OldGreyFox Just pleased and relieved to see you back posting, Bob. :clap:

I have rarely read such abject bullshine!

Personally I have absolutely no time for anti-vaxers, I think them both cowardly and incredibly selfish.

Selfish because it’s a proven fact that around 90% of current new infections are amongst those that haven’t been vaccinated, and which is still therefore eating up virtually every resource that the NHS has, to the detriment and disadvantage of every other group of people with serious life threatening illnesses such as heart disease or cancer.

And cowardly because yes, no-one knows the long term effects of any new vaccine, but to leave it completely to others to find out, to me smacks of abject cowardice.

We are supposed to all be in this together, but because of your ilk that obviously isn’t the case.

Anyway, good luck with your health and don’t worry about the rest of us… oh, hang on a minute though, I just remembered that you don’t …

Hi

It is his decision, if he had caught one of the new variants and died that would be that.

We all have a choice to make and we are adult enough to take that choice.

Hi

An issue with my keyboard.

To continue, no vaccination you pay for NHS Treatment and for those you have been in contact with.

Whilst I understand why you feel that way, you are entering controversial territory here. So no vaccine and you pay for NHS treatment. What about smokers? Heavy drinkers? People who are obese entirely through poor lifestyle choices? Extreme sportsmen? Do they all pay for NHS treatment too?

I’ve always understood that medics make no judgement about who they treat and I believe that’s as it should be, because who gets to draw the line?

Well, the decision to have the Jabs was all about me, no one else, before we were told to, I stood the two metres away from anyone else, and will happily do so for the next five years, also, a religious mask wearer, so, the chance of infecting someone else (outside the household was minimal). The problem would have come if, for reasons beyond a persons control, the immediate situation meant that the sterile barrier was breached, well, that’s where the vaccine comes in. :biking_man:

I took the vaccinations because I thought it was the right thing to do in a national emergency. According to reports the highest percentage of covid-19 hospitalisations are from the unvaccinated.

Edited to add I did it for my own health as well. I will be 84 shortly but not ready to call it a day just yet.

How many people do you see now, separated and masked, or even one or the other?

1 Like

Hi

Smokers already pay vastly more tax than none smokers, as do heavy drinkers.

What exactly is your point?

The anti vaccines pay no more and yet not only do they cost the NHS a fortune, they also infect others.

It is their choice, so they pay.

1 Like

Swimmy I’m inclined to agree, but I just think it would open a whole can of worms.

And while smokers and drinkers pay more through taxes, neither extreme sportsmen nor the obese do.

Everyone should be free to choose whether they have the vaccine or not.

But both sides should not try to convert each other & harshly judge those who do not feel comfortable having it or disrupt vaccine programmes just because they disagree with the vaccine.

2 Likes

Glad you’re back on the up Foxy. Still take care though eh? :slightly_smiling_face:

Summer is your daughter feeling any better now? I do hope so.

This is a bit like the God debate.

Thanks for your comments Barry very enlightening, I will take them onboard… :023:

:015: :015: :015:

Of course they are scot, what did you expect the media to say…Mrs Fox and me didn’t go to hospital…

Absolutely @AnnieS …Your health is your responsibility!

Thank God for that … :sunglasses:
Doing great thanks Pesta…(Hugs)…xxx

1 Like