Mrs Fox and me have tested positive for covid

Add me to the list Omah, Mrs Fox and me have both tested positive for covid… :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Where do you think you might have caught it OGF? (Actually that could be a good topic for thread - if you caught Covid-19, where do you think you caught it from?) Hope you both get well soon :023:

1 Like

Oh Blimey … I’m sorry to hear that … I wish you both well and hope that the symptoms are neither severe nor long-lasting … :slightly_frowning_face:

PS You’ll be on tomorrow’s list … :+1:

No badges, though … :009:

3 Likes

Mrs Fox is always careful to wear her mask while out and about @Azz But on Monday she visited Doncaster To do some business at the bank and then met our daughter for breakfast in a cafe’. She wouldn’t have worn her mask while eating, although she did mention the there were screens of perspex between the tables. And then on Tuesday we invited our friends and neighbours round to book a holiday later in the year. They have both been vaccinated. Is it possible that they were carriers without knowing it? They have both tested negative since our meeting, so it’s unlikely.

Because Mrs Fox’s symptoms only became apparent on Thursday, and my symptoms on Saturday, I assume that I caught it off her. There was something else I noticed; When I did the home test (lateral Flow) on Friday, Mrs Foxes test was almost immediate, and was a very bold line on the indicator. Mine came back negative on Friday, but a very faint line appeared after twenty minutes on my test that I performed on Sunday. Although I knew I had something on Saturday. A PCR test later on Sunday came back positive today.

This variation in the home test results might explain why Mrs Fox has suffered far more than I have. My symptoms have been little more than a mild dose of flu. I hope I don’t live to regret that statement!.. :mask:

2 Likes

Thanks Omah, shame about the badge though… :pleading_face: I just hope our immune systems have benefitted from the experience…

2 Likes

So sorry to read this Foxy, lots of love to you both and get well soon xx

2 Likes

Hi sly old grey :fox_face:

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you both feel better soon! Build up those natural antibodies! Rest up and take it easy

:hugs:

3 Likes

Are you ok with it OGF?

Take care my favourite postman,:heartpulse:

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ll all have our fingers crossed for you Bob! (I’ve split these posts into a dedicated thread for you btw :023:)

I would guess this may be the culprit - I actually very rarely eat from restaurants because most kitchen staff probably don’t really care about things like spreading germs or good hygiene (I am a bit of a germaphobe :lol:). But that’s what my money would be on.

Hope you both get well soon - maybe you could use this thread as a bit of a diary, of things like symptoms… it might help others who contract it later too :smiley:

3 Likes

@OldGreyFox … that is bad news.
After all this time of lockdowns and now we’re supposed to be 'relatively safe it must have been a shock.

I hope you and Mrs Foxy don’t suffer too badly.
Take it easy.
Hugs to you both.

2 Likes

I hope you both get better soon. Wishing you both a full and fast recovery.

3 Likes

Absolutely is possible. The vaccine protects them from getting sick from it but doesn’t mean they can’t be carriers. Im so sorry this happened to you both. I was wondering what happened to you. Your wife may be sickest since she may be the first one exposed to it or it might be that her immune system isn’t as strong as yours.
My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Keep the faith that you will get better

2 Likes

Oh Foxy, that’s just awful news! I hope to goodness you both don’t get too sick with it :hugs: Take care of yourselves, as I’m sure you will anyway. xx

2 Likes

Thanks Azz for giving it a special thread… :023:
Yes I agree the cafe’ seems to be the only place where Mrs Fox didn’t wear her mask, and the time frame would be about right. I could be wrong and I’m not apportioning blame, but young waitresses would not be vaccinated or not even wearing masks. Visiting Town Centres has been off my list of places to visit since March last year…

Although I’ve been having hot lemons before bedtime, and a couple of paracetamol during the day, we seem to neglect the painkilling and temperature reducing qualities of the humble aspirin. I gave Mrs Fox a couple of 300mg Aspirin tablets yesterday and couldn’t get her out of my kitchen. So I guess they must have worked… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Get well soon, both of you.

2 Likes

Goodness Bob, that’s come as a shock! :open_mouth:. You have been so careful too…

I wish you and your wife a full recovery. x

2 Likes

I hope it doesn’t affect either of you too badly and that you both get over it quickly. fingerscrossed

3 Likes

I am so sorry to read that OGF, Do hope you both have it mildly & get over it fast.
It can be a mystery as to where it came from. The two year old opposite had it, they think she must have got it from her playgroup, but none were ill there, or maybe a member of staff. The whole family had to isolate, they didn’t get it, but a few weeks later their teenage son caught it, so again they all had to isolate. My son, who is friends with the dad, had kept away from them luckily as he is very vulnerable at present.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes… :hugs: It will be hugs all round once we are better… :mask: What a great set of friends you all are…Much appreciated… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thoughts and prayers with you both for a speedy recovery.

2 Likes