Mo Farah is not my real name and my life story was fake, says Olympic champion

Here’s a thought … what would happen if the real Sir Mohamed Muktar Jama Farah wanted to come to the UK?

I guess I should have watched the documentary to find out if he’s still alive. if he was mentioned at all.

Do watch it .

I guess the time had to be right for Mo to come forward , I still believe the catalyst may well have been having children of his own , a similar age to when Mo’s nightmare began. He was eight.
like a lot of life changers the time has to be right make a move , in Mo’s case admit to a
previous identity a life in Somalia with a mother father and twin brother .

I thought his school especially his teacher was marvellous.

None of us here on over50s have I hope ever been in slavery making it almost impossible to understand how it isolates and rebounds on any decisions you make.

It’s a terrible thought there are thousands of slaves in the UK

1 Like

I would, but I don’t have a TV, or a licence. :confused:

I suspect that many Jewish people escaped to other countries, during the war, and I am sure that many changed their names in the hope escaping the holocaust. Do you think that the countries they fled to should have sent them back to the countries they escaped from, to be killed?
I am afraid that all of your posts show little compassion for others, but in this case I expect it is because he is a Muslim!

He is still alive - he’s about the same age as “Mo” - in the documentary, Mo tracked down the “Aunt” Kinsi , who he had been placed with in England by the Social Services.
Kinsi is the Aunt of the real Mohammed Farah (sister of his father, Mukta Farah) She put Mo in contact with Mohammed and you saw them speak to each other on a video call.
It wasn’t made clear where Mohammed was living now, whether he had returned to Somalia or if he was still in Djibouti, where they had gone to escape the Civil War, or if he had moved elsewhere.
It wasn’t clear why he was left in Djibouti while his siblings went to UK with his father’s wife. Maybe she was his Father’s 2nd wife and Mohammed lived with his own Mother or other family members?
Whether Mohammed would be eligible for British Citizenship or had a right to live in Britain wasn’t clear - he said in the video call that he didn’t think he would be able to come to UK but he didn’t say why.
It seems that his father has British Citizenship, so maybe he could claim it too? Some of the media claim that Mukta is British born, which would explain why he and his sister and his wife were living here - although he may have citizenship based on being born in a British Protectorate?
The rules regarding people from Somalia acquiring British citizenship look quite complicated - Somaliland was a British Protectorate, dating back to our colonial past and I believe if a man was born in the part of Somalia that was covered by the British Protectorate, they may be able to claim the right to live in Britain and pass that right on to their children.
I tried looking it up but it looked very complex and the rules say each application is assessed on a case by case basis, after analysing places and dates of birth of the whole family lineage.

Who knows, it is possible that “Mo’s” family may have had those same rights if they had applied, instead of smuggling him out - but with a Civil War going on, his father dead, the family split up and the kids being sent into a neighbouring country, it would have been difficult to sort out an application.

You suspect wrong then. As for the Jewish people seeking refuge from various pogroms and the antisemitism in German there is absolutely no comparison with the criminals breaking into the UK. Non at all. When my family came into the UK in spite of the presence of Judenhaas in many countries, especially the UK they like all others at that time entered legally. But this is a long story and possibly worth a separate thread.

I really don’t think you can accuse an 8 year old boy of being a criminal breaking into the UK, when he was brought here without any choice !

1 Like

I’m not accusing him of being a criminal, I’m stating that he is in the UK illegally and should be repatriated to Somalia.

To compare one crime against another probably isn’t the way forward. Young children being sold into a life of slavery is as bad as any unforgivable crime.
Lost to the only life they have known , stolen from their families often never to be reunited.

1 Like

But why repatriate .
If he was to apply now for British citizenship if he hasn’t already got it., obviously he would be approved
He is well able to support himself and his family ,he’s an inspiration to many young children to take up sport. He’s just the sort of person this country needs.

1 Like

I don’t want repatriated and I don’t blame him for what happened to him when he was eight. He’s done well, fair play to him

But he has been lying through his teeth since he was an adult and distanced himself from his past, so why reconnecting now?

My job involves spotting deceit and conspiracy, people trying to pull the wool over my eyes and connections between individuals they don’t want me to know about

And the relationship between his mother, brother, aunt and uncle, the “trafficker” , the couple who abused him, the kindly “auntie” and Mo himself seems very suspect to me

And I’d bet my bottom dollar that they were, and are involved, and connected with each other in ways we’re not getting told about in this sorry tale

3 Likes

A serial liar?

I don’t think it’s the lying through your teeth.

Yes at eight he was told by his traffickers not to tell anyone what has happened or he would never see his family again.
To support this he fabricated an armour around himself involving his family.
Until he could cope no longer , breaking down to his teachers …admitting he wasn’t living with his family and his name indeed wasn’t Mo. I don’t call that lying through one’s teeth it’s survival.

Who knows why he wasn’t able to come out show the world the real mow until now.
I applaud his his bravery in finally being able to tell the world.

I guess I’m just not as cynical as some.

1 Like

We made Boris Johnson in class of his own when it comes to a serial liar a damned liar our prime minister.

2 Likes

Crumbs… there’s no comparison unless you’re going to claim that all immigrants seeking a better life are trying to escape a despot who wants to round them up, force them into concentration camps, experiment on them and then murder them.
If those arriving daily in boats on our Kentish coasts hear what you’ve said they’ll be coming in droves.
Trafficking and economic migrants surely can’t be the same as fleeing extermination.

1 Like

It is true, I am cynical, I’m paid to be, I’ve seen too many trying to pull a fast one to take things at face value. And I think this lot are trying to pull a fast one

I’m not blaming him as a child, but he did lie as an adult, about his father, about how he arrived in the country

And the messy bit for me is this “auntie” who we were originally told was his friends mother?

Whereas in fact she’s the sister of the man in the couple who abused him and the real Mo Farah, whose identity was stolen, is her nephew?

Why would social services have put him in her care?

That’s right. This is the real Grey Fox, a notorious bandit. You’re not a bandit by any chance sir!??? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

When did the sister of the traffickers become Mo’s aunt …wAs it due to school who by this time had intervened on Mo’s behalf. Whatever it allowed Mo to continue on at the school and become the Olympic champion the U.K. has today, all kudos has to go to his teacher who stood by him.
Until the whole truth is known if it ever is …I can see little point in becoming over50s judges and jury .

With that I’m bowing out :yum:

1 Like

Sensible action imo.
I’m not even bowing IN!

2 Likes

I heard on the Today show this morning that the police are going to investigate this horror story although Mo, himself, will not be accused of doing anything wrong.

3 Likes