Mo Farah is not my real name and my life story was fake, says Olympic champion

Just watched it and too many unanswered questions for my liking.

His Mother clearly knows more than she is letting on.

The “real” Mo Farah looks a good 10 years younger.

If the “fake” Mo Farah really wants to get to the truth why is he not reverting back to his birth name. After all he is not Mo Farah.

I think what that teacher did was illegal and he didn’t think it through properly but he obviously did so with best intention.He should have gone straight to social services and got him an immediate bed for the night with foster parents. He knew what his real name was and that is what should have been passed on and included in all the relevant paperwork.

Finally, why was it so difficult to find Kinzi the woman who took him in? The somali community is not that huge and if he put the feelers out I bet they could find her in hours.

3 Likes

I just felt that it was a very personal journey for him and his family and I didn’t really see the point of the documentary at all.

I agree he should go back to his birth name…if revealing the truth matters, then he really shouldn’t keep using someone elses name.

1 Like

Another thought …… why on earth did he agree to an autobiography which was all a total lie? Money, I’m guessing.

Also that clip of the Jonathan Ross interview …… how he could sit on that sofa and tell that absolute pack of lies is beyond me.

2 Likes

I don’t get the Somali woman bit at all, why did social services put him with her

And if she’s the brother of the man in the couple who originally used him as a servant, then he’s denied it but the police are considering investigating so he must be findable so can’t they find Kinsi through him?

At what point did Kinsi disappear from his life, then, if she brought him up?

1 Like

I found the story quite touching ,
It’s was all a bit mysterious and he didn’t really get the whole story but the woman who fostered him seemed very kind .
His own mother and siblings seem to be ok but there was something funny about the way he alone was taken . I suspect that there was some relative involved here .
Why are ‘nt the police looking for the woman who brought him illegally to the U.K. ?
I hope he finds some measure of peace in telling this story .

1 Like

someone must have been blackmailing him

1 Like

I’ve got something to get off my chest…
My real name isn’t OldGreyFox…
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Have you got a book coming out too?

I’d get arrested if wrote about my life Mr Smith…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sunglasses:
What I write on the forum…Stays on the forum…Okay?

2 Likes

Never mind going back to his birth name, he should be sent back to his birth country.

The HO doesn’t think so :woman_shrugging: And even if they did say so, can you imagine the uproar to keep him in the country, Besides, what about his family, they get to stay and he goes?

IMO the Home Office is absolutely WRONG and he is 100% responsible for the position he has placed his family in. In any case they could, and SHOULD, leave with him. Fuss in the UK if he was kicked out - why? No doubt some fools would howl in anguish but let them. No excuse for allowing this serial liar to remain.

Wait just a mo (!), He was a child when he came over here. he didn’t choose to do it. He was forced by grown adults. The HO are investigating the case, but he isn’t part of it insomuch as he is under threat of being sent back. Its everyone else who could be liable.

Totally irrelevant. He KNEW he was an illegal yet for years he continued the pretence.

I agree he should have admitted this far sooner than he did, but having watched the documentary it would seem (to me, anyway) that it all snowballed and there was never a right time? Plus, given his fame, it would have affected his career and possibly back then the rules were different so he probably would have been sent back. I still don’t condone his deceit, but I do understand why he did it. Plus its closure for him now…he can’t “run away from it” like he used to, so possibly it’s built up in his head and has to come out He should still revert to his proper name though.

I applaud Mo Farah for speaking up on what must’ve been a difficult subject for him.

It was said 40k known people are trafficked every year to the UK , however that’s just the tip of the iceberg the total is more likely to be 100 K.

I hope this TV programme will encourage others to come forward to help end the diabolical trade in human slavery.

I admit I didn’t watch the documentary … because it all seems to me to be about a chap who’s done quite well out of been trafficked and now is in need of a boost to his finances or to his ailing celebrity status now he’s no longer competing in athletics.

Do I think he should be deported? Be a bit difficult now, and a little unfair as he’s established a life and family here.

Can you imagine what it would be like if they all made a documentary about it? :grimacing:

But preferably not leave it quite so long as Mo did before they do. :thinking:

I haven’t seen the documentary, btw, so my opinion is completely uninformed. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have. It doesn’t detract by one iota from his need to be deported.

That’s pretty much my view too …added to which, there can’t be a better time to come out with something like this than now when the public are presumably more progressive, sympathetic and aware of the difficulties suffered by certain underprivileged or persecuted groups.

I hope that was sufficiently PC … except no one really say PC anymore either do they.