Mo Farah is not my real name and my life story was fake, says Olympic champion

I was nearly bowled out :joy:

Well thatā€™s disgraceful, itā€™s just not cricket! :rofl:

1 Like

Obviously not always. Mo Farrah has done very well from concealing things for quite a number of years.

1 Like

I was not comparing the circumstances, just pointing out that they moved to other countries without permission to live there, just as an
8 year old boy did when things were beyond his control!
I donā€™t support illegal immigration but I do hope that we would support any child who had been brought here to be a slave!

1 Like

Exactly ā€¦ slavery and Jews in concentration camps donā€™t really compare do they.

I agree. :+1:

If I had found myself in the same position as he did, then I would have been scared stiff of what would happen to me, so I would probably have kept quiet about it. Fear is a great silencer.

It seems to be something weird with the first woman who brought him to the U.K. .
She seems to be main point of the mystery and she should be investigated . She is clearly in some was connected to Mos family .after all you donā€™t just roll up to someoneā€™s house in the middle of the night and take an unknown child to the U.K. .
Her husband by his apparent reaction was expecting his own son the original Mo Farrar ( by another woman ) but itā€™s a web of deceit . It a strange thing to do bring a child from Somalia as a domestic servant especially a male child .
I donā€™t know why we have all these Somalis in the country anyway , they are fleeing from war but appear to go back and forth on holiday .
However itā€™s wasnā€™t the fault of a nine year old and he has made good .
There are plenty of criminals ,murderers and rapists who need to be deported before anyone looks at Mo Farrar .

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how I feel too, Muddy. :+1:

1 Like

Thatā€™s definitely where the mystery it. The real Mo Farah was the son of the husband of the woman who brought the fake Mo Farah into the country. And she faked the real Mo Farah identity papers with a photo of the fake Mo Farah?

Why would her husband accept that? Wouldnā€™t he insist on being reunited with his own son

And Kinsi, who eventually fostered the fake Mo Farah, was the husbands sister, who realised straight away that the boy wasnā€™t her nephew

So why did she accept that? She said she was told he was an orphan and she felt sorry for him, but why did she go along with it?

Later, she lied and said she was the fake Mo Farahs auntie.

So Iā€™m speculating at that stage the social services must still have believed the fake Mo Farah was the real Mo Farah and that she was indeed a blood relative, otherwise why would they have let her have him?

More speculation, sorry Ruthio, Iā€™m baaaad :rofl:

But I canā€™t imagine the childā€™s value as a servant was worth all the deception and not being reunited with your own child

So, more speculation, sorry, could the fake Moā€™s family have been paying them to let them take their own childā€™s identity and stay in the country?

And who is this other brother who got deported?

The plot thickens .
That wasnā€™t mentioned in the documentary or I missed it.

1 Like

It gets worse

Just read the lies in this article from back in 2015

Are these brothers other sons of the family Mo first lived with when he was brought over, the abusive family?

In which case, theyā€™re not really his brothers and the man isnā€™t his father?

Presumably they knew Mo Farah couldnā€™t challenge what they were saying without revealing heā€™d been lying about his father?

You are right Rox especially if you are taken, as a child, to a country that is not one you know or have lived in. If we are all honest & had been taken from home & moved from a house where we were treated badly, but managed to get help to build a good life for ourselves, I doubt any of us would want to be returned the country of our birth.
As we grow up we learn how to live with the laws & ways of the country where we became an adult!

@Maree , I think these two ā€œbrothersā€, Mahad and Ahmed were the young children who were brought over to England with Mo - the children he had to look after when he was living with the woman who brought him over here (Nimco Farah)
They were very young, so itā€™s possible they did think of Mo as a brother.

I am not sure if it was mentioned in the documentary or if I have read it elsewhere but after Social Services had agreed to place Mo with Kinsi, he continued to see these children who lived with Nimco regularly and he acted as an older brother to them - if they were Muktarā€™s children, then Kinsi was their Aunt. I am not sure if Nimco was the Mother of both of them or if she was the Mother of the real Mohammed Farah - I suspect not.
The story put about seemed to be that Mo was Muktarā€™s son but was living with his Aunt.
It sounds like Mo lost touch with the two boys when he got bit older.
Muktar and Nimco split up, so maybe Kinsi stopped having family visits with her sister-in-law Nimco and when Mo was around 20, he found his real Mother and brother were still alive, so I expect he wanted to distance himself from the other family who had been involved in illegally trafficking him.

Iā€™m not sure weā€™ll ever get to know the whole family set-up - they all seem to be interconnected in some way - and there is so many gaps in the story.
The family members Mo was supposed to be reunited with in UK did not crop up again - they disappeared from the story after Nimco tore up their contact details - did they ever exist? or were they here illegally too, so have never come forward?
As Mo himself said, he finds it hard to think that some members of his own family may have been involved in the trafficking.
I guess the Home Office will now be investigating the whole family set up of Muktar and Nimco, who are no longer together, Kinsi may know more than she would publicly admit - there was a fair bit of deflection in response to the questions put to her.
Muktar had a lot of children, not all with the same Mother, it seems, so the HO may check details of any other children they may have brought to UK over the years.

It was not the childrenā€™s fault, of course, but the adults are responsible for what they were doing.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s how I feel too, Boot. :+1:

Good. All immigrants who engage in crime in the UK should be deported as a matter of course or imprisoned in an internment camp until they assist with their own repatriation.

1 Like

Makes no difference. Here illegally? Kick them out.

I read that Nimco wasnā€™t the real Mo Farahā€™s mother, which probably explains why she was willing to let the fake Mo Farah take his ID, but not why Muktar went along with it?

I canā€™t help wondering if they were paid to do this and if the fake Mo Farahā€™s family were doing the paying? I canā€™t see just having one small boy as a servant would be worth the trouble and expense and Muktar sacrificing his own son?

Nimco may well have been cruel and prioritised her own children and Muktar may have blamed the fake Mo Farah for separating him from his own son

But Iā€™m not convinced about the ā€œtraffickingā€ part of this and I donā€™t think it was just a case of cruel strangers importing a child to be a slave, these people, including his mother, seem to be very intertwined

Mo was in his thirties when Mahad and Ahmed came out with these accusations of being his brothers and abandoned by him. Maybe they were after a couple of bob, who knows?

But he wasnā€™t a frightened child then, he was a man at the height of his career, already married and a ā€œSirā€, yet he didnā€™t tell the truth, presumably for fear of losing what he had?

Of course he wasnā€™t to blame for what happened to him as a child and Iā€™m not suggesting for one moment he should be deported or punished. But he went along with the lies for an awfully long time after he was an adult and out of their power

And my philosophy is that if someone has lied to you once, then itā€™s wise to view the next tale they tell you with some scepticism

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s the point, though. Muktar and his own two boys were here legally

And he had another son, the real Mo Farah who he would have been legally entitled to bring to the U.K. to join him

Instead, they brought over the fake Mo Farah using Muktarā€™s real sonā€™s ID

So why did he agree to that? Thereā€™s got to have been an incentive, probably financial, so who did the paying?

1 Like