Microchip implanted under the skin could be your COVID vaccine passport

Hi

If you have a store card then your data is sold to others and is much more intrusive and detailed.

If we are to control illegal immigration and abuse of benefits and the NHS then ID Cards are vital.

2 Likes

A microchip could contain any information the provider wanted it to contain and for that reason alone, I would flatly refuse to accept one🤬

1 Like

ID Cards - yes - have no problem with those - but microchips invading my person? No way!!

1 Like

Well here’s one old fogie who does. I pay for everything these days using my smart watch, and before I linked that to my bank account, I always used my phone. Not used a debit card or cash for a long time now.

Not implants though

2 Likes

Good grief Sheba, you must be 'eck of a lot brighter than I am, gal. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When 5G and the whole internet house of cards goers belly up cash will be king!

3 Likes

Goodness, what’s next?! A cellphone in your tooth? Satellite dishes for ears?
Mind you, the way joints start to creak, being half bionic is inevitable I suppose…

2 Likes

Yes it can Spitty, I’ve just had one placed in my shoulder that controls my heart. Not only does it do that, it downloads the information each day when I go to bed, on to a router placed on my bedside cupboard, and sends it off to the Northern General Hospital at Sheffield where it is checked each day.

1 Like

@OldGreyFox - Wow! Sexy knees and Bionic!

1 Like

Sorry to be thick but why would you NOT use contactless payment in shops with your bank card?
Up to £100 now, so easy and convenient.
What’s the problem?

Edit, I think I might’ve misunderstood!!

Just make sure you have an alternative method of obtaining cash and paying by card when the internet goes down ruthio…
:100:

1 Like

The Internet is designed not to go down that was its whole point, there may be a local interruption for a short while but it was originally designed to defeat an attempt by a foreign power to interrupt a nation’s communication.

I don’t know about you but I have never been without the internet either on my mobile phone or in my home and if that did happen there are plenty of public access points within a few minutes drive.

Edit: not entirely true - there are places in Australia where there are no mobile phone services but there is always satellite phones and internet but even the remotest inhabited location has phone boxes and all phone box calls are free

Huge regions of New Zealand too without any form of coverage

Even my edit might have given the wrong impression, This is Telstra’s coverage and they are the biggest network (and most expensive)

There’s a lot of no coverage as you can see.

This is the second biggest network - even more blanks spaces

1 Like

I can feel a ‘Titanic’ moment coming on Bruce…
There is nothing that man has ever built or invented that hasn’t gone wrong, failed, been sabotaged, suffered outages from severe weather, or been destroyed by unusual sunspot activity, or other weird collection of coincidences. Who would have thought that someone could (or would) crash aircraft into two magnificent buildings and bring them down. Who would have thought that a Tsunami would create the biggest nuclear accident of all time (barring Chenobryl of course)…And we have only been using the internet for a very short period of time and already there have been many cyber attacks and failures.

I don’t suppose ruthio is too concerned about the governments of the world managing to keep the internet working when everybody else are ringing their hands and wanting answers from their internet provider because their particular piece of it has broken. Alas Bruce, it will go down sometime in the future as sure as eggs is eggs. Question is When? and how many of us will suffer…Enjoy it while you can…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

Something, not of this planet may buddy up on the Tinternet :ghost:

It’s certainly a consideration Spitty.
Personally I think that the trouble with progress and untested vaccines is that we are headed into the unknown and should be curious and cautious. Sometimes progress has an unexpected outcome…
:flushed:

1 Like

One of its weaknesses is that hackers can use the strengths built in to stop it working. Packet data can be used by malicious agents to crash the whole system where weaknesses exist. There is a very real theoretical threat. But it would require a significantly large malicious operation to have impact here.

2 Likes