Microchip implanted under the skin could be your COVID vaccine passport

'Implants are very versatile technology that can be used for many different things, and right now it is very convenient to have COVID passport always accessible on your implant, he said in a statement.

‘In case your phone runs out of battery, it’s always accessible to you. So of course, that’s how we use this technology today, next year we are going to use it for something else,’ said Sjoblad.

The microchip sits directly beneath the skin, either in the arm or between the thumb and forefinger.

According to Sjöblad, the procedure is ‘completely reversible’ and does not require a special phone app.

• Its also going to be very common, according to them. Not in MY hand it won’t! :018:
1 Like

The future is here - embrace it … :023:

1 Like

Err…nope, I like being old fashioned! :joy:

4 Likes

Presumably not only the “old-fashioned” but the conspiracy theorists will be against such personal intrusion … :scream_cat:

1 Like

You mean like this one (May 2020)

1 Like

No no no no no

3 Likes

That’s the one … :grinning:

1 Like

People have been worried for years, since 1989 when the technology was first tested. Mark of the beast they called it. After social media, I no longer see the big deal. They’ll still find out more about people from their Facebook accounts and their mobile devices. Any more info is just more trash for them to sort through. Convenience, we’re taking this word too far, but that’s our nature. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Maybe we should have it tattooed on our arms, complete with additional tattoos for each new update.

Think back…!

1 Like

No thankyou

2 Likes

Anyone who attempted to microchip or tattoo me would regret it!

1 Like

A bloke here took the chip out of his Opal card (Sydney Transport travel card) and embedded it in his hand. He was fined for not having a valid ticket.

So this brave new world might not quite be here yet.

2 Likes

Eww, that’s a bit extreme Bruce!

Old folks should do what they have always done.

1 Like

Ooooh! Ruuude! :joy:

1 Like

No way would I be chipped. Who knows what other technology a chip would contain for a start.
They want to treat us like herd animals.
Seems all about ‘control’ to me.
They’ll want to know how long we’re in the loo next!

3 Likes

They already do that in call centres, apparently :roll_eyes:

‘Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow’

Is that really his name?

Changed by deed poll, I think he is a bit of a nutter.

1 Like

LOL! I think we have a few of those over here as well - we call them ‘Government’!

1 Like