Microchip implanted under the skin could be your COVID vaccine passport

I saw someone paying for coffee with a credit card on their phone today and I thought “more fool you”. Same with this rubbish. Sleepwalking into dystopia. I was thinking today, people will go back to barter if the powers that be are not careful.

I would love that! :+1:

Same here, folks would be Working again. :smiley:

Proper.

1 Like

They were doing that on greek islands after their economy panned a few years ago. It’s the only way to go if the state starts tinkering with financial systems to this extent. What will they do - chip babies? ugh!

1 Like

They would like us to be like their puppies or herded like farm animals.
Then when we commit a misdemeanour, or don’t comply, they could just press the control button and exterminate us. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s quite a horrifying thought Mups! :astonished:

Then best not let anyone microchip you then, Pixie. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t intend to! Nobody is chipping me :018:

I am a “Chip” off the old block, unfortunately. :icon_sad:

The Costa outlet at our local hospital was asking people to do that - and refusing cash - at one point. Not sure what the rules are now.

What a scary thought, Mups! Mind you I can think of a few cases where it might be useful.

It would be living in a real life science fiction film. :grinning:

I can imagine people forming long, orderly queues to get chipped, like they do at the vaccine clinics. :grinning:

So do they refuse to serve anyone who hasnt got a mobile phone, I wonder?

Why? I don’t use that facility myself but my youngest kid only carries a phone nowadays no need for a wallet. It’s protected against theft unlike a wallet.

1 Like

Yes, but you just hit the nail on the head Bruce, when you said your youngest KID paid this way. But how many of us old fogies do?
Why dont you do pay that way?

It doesn’t take much to do it - my bank is always telling me how easy it is to set up, all my other banking is done on my phone, my driving licence is on my phone, I check in when shopping using my phone. It is really just a matter of sitting down for 10 minutes and setting it up.

Don’t know, Mups, haven’t been in the place since my last operation. I think the rules may have relaxed a bit since then.

One day, we will all have to run. :icon_wink:

So if you lost your phone, or had it nicked, you would lose details of your bank account, driving licence, shopping sign in info, and any other very personal info, all in one go.
Nah, too risky by half for me, Bruce. I’d never carry all that personal information about with me in the street.
No wonder so many mobile thefts occur.

1 Like

Not in my lifetime, Spitty!