Microchip implanted under the skin could be your COVID vaccine passport

Bruce likes anything Techy, he embraces the future, for an old geezer, fair play to him. :walking_man:

Resignation is a good quality, if a person is really Ok with it. :cat:

Seriously? What happens if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen?

I could buy a phone straight away and it would automatically load all the apps I previously had on it, then it is merely a matter of logging into the appropriate apps and within an hour it is exactly the same as the previous phone.

I know this because I recent bought a new phone, I didn’t need the old phone to update the new one to be identical. The old phone is now set up with a $2 SIM card for visitors and all the old info is gone. If it had been stolen that info is all protected and the thief would have a useless but traceable phone.

How long would it take you to replace all the credit cards, driving licence etc in your stolen wallet/purse?

1 Like

Oh well, you seem very organised Bruce, but we dont all understand technology as you do. I freely admit I would be your worst nightmare to educate. :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW, I never carry my driving licence around with me, and have never used a credit card either.

You are required to carry it while driving here, I think it is over $100 on the spot penalty if you can’t produce it while driving (in NSW)

1 Like

I have the impression that techy stuff may be safer in Australia than it is here!

Bruce, it’s a good job I am not there then!

I think, but not positive, that we have seven days to produce it at a police station if we cannot produce it on demand.

My credit/debit cards are also protected against theft and don’t need to be charged up to be used. You lose your phone and you lose your whole identity. Is the selling pitch for an implanted chip that it’s the eco friendly replacement for a smartphone? Sleepwalking into dystopia like I said.

How long will it take for someone else to work out how to steal your identity just by doing what you did to replace your phone? It doesn’t take long to replace bank cards and ID is only urgent if you live in a totalitarian state that wants to see it all the time. You don’t need to keep all that junk in your phone to have a happy life. If you have cash you can get by the couple of days it takes which is just as long as it will take to sort a phone out for most people. You may trust “the cloud” but I don’t. It’s a hackable mess.

2 Likes

naw it’s all run by the same multinationals. Faceless corporations.

2 Likes

No that would be me, because I don’t need educating about an unstable, experimental pile of manure.

2 Likes

Hah, that made me laugh, Annie.
I guess you wont be in the front of the queue to be microchipped either, then. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you no please. I’m trying to make it out with all original parts at this point. No additions, no subtraction. Just leave well enough alone. :grinning:

1 Like

If anyone thinks that the hackers won’t be able to reprogramme under skin chips then they should think again.

4 Likes

I am a Dalek…Exterminate Exterminate EXTERMINATE

1 Like

Nonsense, they would have to know two different passwords and my thumbprint.

Far more security than provided by your purse or wallet, when that is gone so is its contents.

1 Like

The world is safe from me sometimes I can’t get into my own computer and accounts

3 Likes

Bruce, you must stop this, we came into this world without a Wallet or Purse and will exit in this fashion, at this rate, we will “Have our Chips” with a Chip, one wonders if a “Chip” can be inserted in the shoulder?

I was dreaming just before I woke up this morning that I coukdnt find my bag. When I eventually found it, I opened it and I coukdnt get to my phone because it was full of cold chips and a battered fish…what the heck :thinking:

1 Like

LQ, I had a dream that Harry Ramsden was being sworn in at the Illuminati’s AGM. :icon_wink:

2 Likes