Metropolitan Police to investigate No 10 lockdown parties - More Fines Issued

This is a good article you should read:

Watch the video in this link:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2162248860579391

My thoughts exactly. Very well stated Wendeey. I mentioned somewhere else on OFC that I thought Capt Hindsight should be investigated as well for attending a drinks do at a local Party HQ and was shot down by the usual suspects. I too find the whole No 10 thing full to the brim of hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Why would I want to read an article published on a communist media outlet, with a readership that is typically 18 to 30-year-olds, that supported Corbyn … :question:

In fact, why would you … :017:

Because I agreed with it, especially this bit:

Yet such actions aren’t lost on the majority of people. While Boris Johnson has constructed a career on mistruth, from claiming children under eight are banned from inflating balloons to the EU regulating for one size of condom, he has always performed his dishonesty with lies so bizarre they raised a smile for every scowl. Johnson is not a virtuous man, nor does he claim to be. This is a major difference to Starmer.

The electoral success of Boris Johnson demonstrates that, like it or not, the electorate doesn’t mind if the PM is a liar. What they can’t stand, however, is a hypocrite who pretends otherwise. That, in a sentence, is the Labour leader’s morality. It may prove politically fatal.

So, you’re thinking of going communist … you’ll be quoting Susan Michie next … :wink:

:lol: That has reminded me of the old joke about the Soviet Army ordering a batch of condoms from Durex specifying what the size was to be. The size was exactly what a standard European condom was (and still is as far as I know) but the packages were marked “Size: Small”.

1 Like

Cor strewth (bangs head).

I wouldn’t say that to anyone who did abide by lockdown rules and refrained from visiting an elderly, maybe a dying relative.
The bottom line is we were all asked to make sacrifices … and in some cases the police fined those who did not.
Imagine … if we’d all just ignored the social distancing rules.

You sound a fan of Boris … fair enough, someone must love him other than his mum, and we’d had worse leaders and their are worse candidates out there itching to replace him but the fact is … he said ‘do what I say, not what I do’.
Not good for a Prime Minister. Lacks sincerity.
I wouldn’t trust a word that slithered out of his mouth now.

I did refrain from visiting my mum who lives in London I’m in Devon and not knowing whether she’d still be alive when lockdown finished or, as she has Alzheimers, not knowing if she’d recognise me if and when I did finally see her. Can assure you it was absolutely heart wrenching and as she’s deaf, couldn’t even speak to her on the phone. I also lost two people to Covid, March last year and can assure you all this partygate rubbish dragging up old wounds definitely isn’t helping anybody in fact I think it’s downright cruel, especially as all it’s about is political point scoring.

Kier Starmer doesn’t float my boat and makes my skin crawl the way he acts like a little angel when he obviously isn’t and I don’t agree with his politics, but I’m not a hypocrite so wouldn’t call for his scalp just because he broke lockdown rules, which he did.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of BJ as PM, you had all better face facts and accept we’ll most probably have him as PM until the next GE when he’ll stand down and pursue the journalistic career he loves. Being PM in these times is a poisoned chalice, so no MP with any sense will challenge him.

1 Like

You should create a thread about your political conviction … :expressionless:

Why??

Refresher:

Including:

How Boris Johnson’s line on Partygate has changed

Probably.

And even when the Met investigation comes to a close, there is still the little matter of a senior civil servant’s report to contend with.

Barrister Lord Wolfson has been a justice minister since December 2020, with responsibility for human rights and the constitution. In his resignation letter, he said the “scale, context and nature” of Covid breaches in government was inconsistent with the rule of law. He added that he had “no option” other than to resign, given his “ministerial and professional obligations” in this area.

“It is not just a question of what happened in Downing Street, or your own conduct,” he wrote to the PM. “It is also, and perhaps more so, the official response to what took place.”

It’s unlikely that Lord Wolfson will be “the first of many” and his resignation will have no effect on the “no-confidence” issue but, nevertheless, his move shows which way the wind is blowing … :wind_face:

What frightens me about this whole episode is that I cannot see who or what can replace Boris or the government, where are the leaders?

3 Likes

Hi

My view of these things is different, no surprise there.

I disagree with some on here.

So off I go.

I am not a great fan of Starmer.

Yes he was photographed, but no rules where broken.

He has not been found guilty of breaking the rules.

Boris has.

The evidence is there, it cannot disappear.

The Metropolitan Police, ie Cressida Dick, do not come out of this well.

Every person who comes in and out of Downing Street is recorded.

The vast majority of people working there or visiting do not come through the front door.

An Example is Cobra Meetings.

Cabinet Office Briefing Room A.

Much beloved by Politicians to prove that they are doing something.

They used to be very important, no longer the case, they are now simply a PR Thing.

A simple fact of life, go into Downing Street, you are recorded, when inside not only are you recorded visually, every you say is also recorded.

Boris is not in a good place at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi

An update.

A very unusual one.

Downing Street is covered by CCTV and every entrance is recorded.

They are recorded by the Metropolitan Police, and records kept.

The Police are investigating more breaches of the rules.

Unfortunately for Boris, he has dismissed so many that who are retaliating.

He was quite happy for the Matt Hancock one to be released.

He has let Richi Sunak off, but quite happy to blame and dismiss lower forms of Human Life.

Interesting times to come.

He can control those dependant on their Pensions.

He cannot control the Queen who, in retaliation, could well demand that he, as the current Prime Minister, is not allowed to attend her funeral.

He will be there, but not allowed to speak, the ultimate insult.