Metropolitan Police to investigate No 10 lockdown parties - More Fines Issued

Bliar got away with it, its par for the course, you want honesty, a politician is not the go to.

2 Likes

No, I’d prefer to have an honourable PM with some integrity who didn’t lie to Parliament to be the one to concentrate on that

I wasn’t allowed to have cake in the garden with the 5 people who were allowed to attend my mother’s funeral after spending not the day, but about an hour and a half with them at the funeral held outdoors only at the graveside

What makes Johnson so special he can party and laugh at me?

Blair isn’t our PM and making the life and death decisions now, Johnson is

He’s not the first nor the last, not saying its right its what happens .

Boris Johnson confirms he has paid the fine issued to him by the Metropolitan Police - but does not say how much it was.

He says it was given to him because, on 19 June 2020, colleagues had gathered to wish him a happy birthday.

According to ITV News, up to 30 people attended and were served cake. At the time, gatherings of more than two people inside were banned by law.

He broke the law and the law won … simples.

For once, BJ couldn’t lie his way out of a situation … he was caught bang to rights, in flagrante delicto.

1 Like

The law one, but I fear the chumocracy and sycophants will stop justice being done and he’ll hang on to his position. He has no shame and nor do those who support him

1 Like

The Tories will keep BJ on until the Ukrainian crisis is over (if that comes sooner rather than later) but his current tenure as PM will be his last, of that I have no doubt.

2 Likes

He was in attendance for 10 mins to eat a piece of cake, if you call that a party, you must be a right little party goer lol

1 Like

I’m not so sure, they stick together

Plus his visit to Kiev was well planned, wasn’t it?

I think he knew this was going to break so decided to exploit the war situation and the peoples misery by visiting so he could present himself as tough and indispensable to the war effort :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What an obnoxious self-serving jerk he really is

The Chelsea fans got it right ( well deserved obscene language in this chant so don’t open link if you’ll be offended)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10712087/amp/Boris-Johnson-c-likes-party-Chelsea-fans-taunt-PM-chant.html

I’m not sure that’s true, was it 10 minutes? Is that what he was fined for?

You taking the p out of me and trying to belittle my opinion and partying skills doesn’t make what Johnson the Hypocrite a little did any more better​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: And I deffo don’t need to defend my ability to party to you :rage:

But I didn’t party when it was against the rules. And I didn’t make those rules and laugh while the peasants obeyed them

And my mums family weren’t allowed to meet up for cake after her funeral, not even for 10 minutes.

So is that funny and a reflection on my ability to be a “right little party goer” ?

This letter sent to the vile Johnson about sums it up

So I’m putting this thread and the people backing him, especially the ones who find it funny :rage:, on ignore for little while because I’m far too furious and disgusted to trust myself to be civilised

See you when I’ve calmed down, if ever

Yes he was only there for 10 mins to eat cake so it wasn’t a party that you keep accusing him of.

I’ve previously told you what I had to go through during lockdown and told you it wasn’t a competition, so not going to repeat it.

How does getting angry with Boris for sharing a birthday cake with his wife and some work colleagues going to make things any better if I did the same thing, it would hurt me not him, so I prefer to let things go and not hold grudges, but that’s the way I deal with things, life’s too short.

Not interested in discussing this, or anything else, with you any further

You said this in your last post, then make another post, I find that rather confusing. And I find it insulting that you’ve posted a letter including two of my relatives who died of Covid in the numbers as if all people who have lost somebody all think the same. Can assure you we don’t. And Boris hasn’t been fined for the so-called party that you posted it was for another gathering. I prefer to be grateful for the things that he did for us than begrudging him for having a piece of cake (which is the only thing he’s been fined for).

My two penneth …

Sunak is as bad as Boris and Carrie.
They were all issued with fixed fines because they did what they categorically told everyone else they should NOT do … and in between times went out on the doorstep of Downing Street of a Thursday evening and banged saucepans and cheered those good old NHS workers on the frontline.

Yes, there are more important things afoot than a piece of cake at the moment … but clearly it’s a piece of cake that had monumental importance for Boris. Enough for him to flout his own rules.

He’s a hypocrite. Not to be trusted. Rather short on sincerity but gifted with the gab of the buffon.
It really is that simple.

You’re not on your own Maree.

1 Like

I definitely can’t remember Carrie ever telling other people what to do, don’t think Rishi did either. I watched all the Press Conferences and the most prominent thing that stays in my mind that Boris said was for everybody to use their common sense. When their was reports of some police forces doing ridiculous things, then they made instructions clearer.

Where I am there were elderly people sat in the seats in the middle of town all having a natter during lockdown and the police vans were constantly driving past, not one of them stopped to tell them to move on. Both residents and the police were using their common sense.

As I’ve previously said on the VE day celebrations where I am people were in and out of each other’s houses and scrunched up in their tiny little gardens. This was the same case every Thursday night when it was clap for the carers. And the police were driving around.

The press have shown pictures of medical staff doing similar things and trying to make a big deal out of it, I’ve done the same thing as I have with the Boris incident rolled my eyes and thought to myself are they really that bored that that’s the only thing they can think of reporting on.

I can’t see any difference between what he did and what Keir Starmer did and from what I’ve heard on the radio this morning, he didn’t have any beers and didn’t even eat the cake and was only in attendance for 9 mins whilst they sang happy birthday to him.

He was only just out of hospital after nearly losing his life. All he got was the same thing that thousands get and that’s a parking ticket.

If they were anybody else and the police had caught them, the police would have told them to disperse and if anybody had objected and only then they would have been issued with a ticket. Why should they be treated any differently to anybody else, I find this hypocritical.

2 Likes

How many people have been fined for breaking lockdown rules?

Since May 2020, police have issued a total of 118,9632 fixed penalty notices (FPNs) for breaches of lockdown rules in England and Wales.

Almost all were issued up to 19 July 2021, after which all COVID restrictions were lifted in England, with the exception of some rules concerning international travel.

Fines would have been issued to people actually caught breaking the rules and arguing with the police. The polices’ job was to disperse people and then if they refused they issued fines.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/93/human-rights-joint-committee/news/154842/joint-committee-on-human-rights-every-fixed-penalty-notice-issued-under-coronavirus-regulations-must-be-reviewed/

More than 85,000 fixed penalty notices have been issued to people said to have broken covid-19 laws on restrictions since March 2020. FPNs allow people to pay a penalty instead of facing prosecution and a potential criminal record. Penalties range from £200 for the failure to wear a face covering to £10,000 for organised gatherings offences.

It is possible to tell from penalties that have not been paid and have then progressed through the system towards a prosecution, that a significant number of FPNs are incorrectly issued. A Crown Prosecution Service review of prosecutions brought under coronavirus Regulations that reached open court in February 2021, found that 27 per cent were incorrectly charged. Many more penalties may have been paid by people too intimidated by the prospect of a criminal trial to risk contesting their FPN through a criminal prosecution.

The high rates of error and the disproportionate impact on different groups in society are concerning and the Committee suggests a more graduated approach and consideration of removing these convictions from criminal records.

With no adequate mechanism to seek a review of an FPN other than through a criminal prosecution, the risk that breaches of human rights will not be remedied is significantly increased. The Committee says the current review processes are not clear, consistent or transparent and calls on Government to introduce a means of challenging FPNs by way of administrative review or appeal.

Regulations related to coronavirus restrictions have changed at least 65 times since March 2020, providing obvious challenges for police. Far more must be done by Government and police to ensure officers understand the Regulations they are asked to enforce, says the report. This is crucial to ensure there is no punishment without law (Article 7, ECHR) and no unjustified interference with an individual’s right to family and private live (Article 8, ECHR). The Committee calls on the National Police Chiefs Council to undertake a review to understand why police are issuing so many incorrect FPNs and to take steps to correct this.

However, in respect of offences relating to potentially infectious persons under the Coronavirus Act 2020, which hasn’t changed since March 2020, the Committee’s report says it is ‘astonishing’ that the Coronavirus Act is still being misunderstood and wrongly applied by police to such an extent that every single criminal charge brought under the Act has been brought incorrectly. The Committee says there is no reason for such mistakes to continue.

FPNs for breaches of Covid19 restrictions

Regulations issued in 2020 introduced FPNs with fines ranging from £30 to £10,000 for various violations of restrictions brought in (by BJ and the Tories) to control the COVID-19 pandemic in the United Kingdom, including via the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (England) Regulations 2020, the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings on Public Transport) (England) Regulations 2020, and the COVID-19 local lockdown regulations in England.

On 28 August 2020, The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions on Holding of Gatherings and Amendment) (England) Regulations 2020 SI 907/2020 increased the FPN to “must be £10,000” in case an assembly of “more than thirty persons”.

The police only enforce the law - in this case (COVID FPNs) the Tories made it (and disobeyed it) … :clown_face: :partying_face: :tropical_drink: :champagne: :wine_glass: :cocktail: :beer: :beers: :clinking_glasses:

If you think Boris should have been fined then you should think that Kier Starmer should too.

I personally use my common sense and think neither of them should be.

In the UK our police ‘police with consent’ that means they give a warning and if ignored then they can issue the fine.

In neither of these cases were they warned.

BJ is an habitual offender and unrepentant liar - Sir Keir isn’t either … :man_shrugging: