Metropolitan Police to investigate No 10 lockdown parties - More Fines Issued

A No 10 spokesperson confirmed that the prime minister had been contacted by the police and said he would “respond as required”.

The questionnaires ask for accounts of the recipients’ involvement and have formal legal status.

Both Mr Johnson and his wife Carrie were expected to be among those emailed, although No 10 has not said if Mrs Johnson had received one.

The truth , the whole truth , and nothing but the truth - maybe … :069:

Johnson, who has appointed a lawyer to work on his responses, is believed to have attended six of the 12 Downing Street parties being probed by Scotland Yard.

But he is expected to use his call logs and his diary to show how he was at three leaving parties for only a brief period of time before carrying on with work, The Times reports.

Will the mendacious BJ slip through the net on “technicalities”… :question:

1 Like

It’s a shame that he didn’t explain these technical loopholes to us all when mandatory lockdown was first introduced.

1 Like

Ukraine is happening at the right time for him.

2 Likes

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-02-14/boris-johnson-damages-union-with-each-scotland-visit-keir-starmer-says

Boris Johnson will not reveal answers to police partygate questionnaire, Number 10 says

Asked if he’d completed his questionnaire, the PM told reporters in Scotland: “All that process has got to be completed before I can say anything more, but I look forward to telling you a lot more in due course.”

But minutes later Number 10 told journalists that Mr Johnson’s answers would not be made public.

His spokesman said the questionnaire would be answered within seven days of it being received, as required by police, after it was delivered on Friday.

Asked if the responses would be made public, the spokesman said: “No.”

Let us live in hope that the lies are leaked … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Apparently not:

Downing Street staff have been told by the Metropolitan Police not to confer with each other when answering a questionnaire about parties which potentially broke Covid rules and have been warned that, should they do so, it could constitute a “separate offence”.

The BBC understands Downing Street is not currently planning to confirm when the PM has submitted his survey.

In a letter sent on Thursday, Ms Gray said she would allow staff being questioned by police to view notes on the evidence they gave to her inquiry.

But the BBC understands those staff will only have access to notes on their interviews, so they cannot see what others have said about the gatherings.

Haven’t the BBC got any important news to report instead of going over the same boring stuff…
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It won’t be boring if BJ gets the boot … :hiking_boot:

I’d find that hilarious … :rofl:

Dunno bout the beeb, but this erasable old git has had enuf of all the bollocks!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

1 Like

You don’t HAVE to read the thread - you are able to mute it … :man_shrugging:

Just because I read it and thought it was the BBC doing what the BBC does best Omah doesn’t mean I don’t have to comment on it does it? Nothing personal you understand…
:man_shrugging:

I see your “comment” more as one of your “complaints” … :laughing:

Hi

OGF has strong views on some things, as do I, that is the point of a Forum.

I enjoy our discussions, we strongly disagree on this subject.

We will not be hurling insults at each other.

3 Likes

Whatever are you suggesting Omah…
:astonished:

1 Like

Compliance from BJ … :roll_eyes:

The first glimpse of a Partygate questionnaire confirms that Downing Street insiders are being questioned under police caution – and asked if they have a “reasonable excuse” for attending lockdown-busting gatherings.

Boris Johnson has already returned his replies to the Metropolitan police’s questions, and is believed to have argued that he attended social events in No 10 in a work capacity.

A copy of one of the official questionnaires, obtained by ITV, shows it includes the police caution:

“You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you subsequently rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence.”

No Comment.

Mr Sunak is reported to have been present at a surprise birthday party for Mr Johnson in No 10’s Cabinet Room in June 2020.

At the time, social gatherings indoors were forbidden under Covid regulations imposed by the government.

A police officer interrupted a Downing Street Christmas party when revellers accidentally set off an alarm, Scotland Yard has confirmed.

Deputy Met commissioner Sir Stephen House said detectives investigating parties at No 10 are speaking to an officer who witnessed the gathering of around 50 on December 18, 2020

Sir Stephen said: ‘One officer was involved in responding with a civilian custodian, who works for No 10, to a silent alarm we believe had been pressed in error. That officer was spoken to by Sue Gray and will be spoken to by ourselves.’

The revelation led to questions over why the officer did not intervene if they had witnessed a potentially illegal gathering.

Why indeed … :man_shrugging:

Scotland Yard detectives leading the probe will now begin interviewing people as part of Operation Hillman.