Metropolitan Police to investigate No 10 lockdown parties - More Fines Issued

No, that’s not going to happen unless people en masse vote for Reform UK, and people need far more stirring up before they’ll vote for anything other than their usual parties.

Forgetting that, then, of the Tories I’d like JRM to take over. He’s an intelligent man and I think he’d listen to what the majority of voters ask of him. Unfortunately, he has always said that he’s not interested in taking the reins, though he could certainly do the job and do it well.
Think not of what the country can do for you, Jacob; think only of what you can do for your country!

Don’t you think his “Lord Snooty” image would put people off the party?

The poor man can’t help how he speaks, and surely if he is willing and able to help people, assuming they are intelligent enough to realise it, they shouldn’t be bothered about his accent.

2 Likes

The Cabinet Office investigation led by Sue Gray into lockdown-breaking parties at No 10 may be released sooner than thought after the Metropolitan Police reportedly signalled it did not object to the document’s publication.

Cressida Dick, the Met police commissioner, announced on Tuesday morning that her officers had launched an investigation into the “partygate” scandal. The development led to speculation that Ms Gray’s report would be delayed while police carried out their own probe.

But now reports suggest the Cabinet Office inquiry may yet be released in the coming days.

:041:

I suppose, but what makes you think he wants to help people?

He comes over as a bit of a posh bloke. I suppose the Hyacinth Buckets will like that but mightn’t others think he’s a typical Tory who doesn’t understand how the other half lives?

I quite like him though, he’s got a good sense of humour, he was good on Have I got News for You :rofl:

I can’t be certain how he would act as PM, but I suspect that he’d do a better job than Boris. When I say ‘help people’ I really meant that he’d do so by helping the country as a whole.

I used to love watching Jess Phillips and Jacob Rees Mogg on Sky News every Sunday morning, sadly they’re not on anymore. Tried to find some, but sadly could only find one, and it wasn’t one of the most hilarious ones, but I also found one of them on Channel 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ajkUQ29bFs*emphasised text*

1 Like

The Metropolitan Police will email more than 50 people as part of its inquiry into lockdown parties at Downing Street and Whitehall.

A questionnaire will be sent to people alleged to have been at events on eight dates between May 2020 and April 2021.

It will ask for their account of what happened and “must be answered truthfully”, the Met said.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his wife Carrie are expected to be among the people being emailed.

The Met Police said the email must be answered in seven days, but being contacted did not mean a fine would always be issued.

Presumably, conferring is allowed … :wink:

we seem to have 2 v similar threads

Boris Johnson will appoint a private lawyer which he will pay for himself rather than billing the taxpayer if he is questioned by police over partygate, it was reported last night.

Mr Johnson’s lawyer is expected to focus on the fact that Downing Street is both his home and his workplace. At the time, the coronavirus lockdown rules made it illegal to be outside your home without a reasonable excuse. Lawyers have already pointed out that the PM could argue that he did not breach the rules by going to parties in Number 10 because he did not leave his home when doing so. However, this defence would not apply to claims that a party was held in the Downing Street flat.

I recommend Rumpole of the Bailey … he’ll do anything for claret … :roll

1 Like

Only if she who must be obeyed agrees :wink:

Nobody cares about this anymore.

They are worried about the cost of heating, inflation, higher taxes. People are frightened of labour principles basically, the weird thing is that its coming from the tories.

Hi

I think you are wrong on this, people do care.

1 Like

Well, the Mirror, Sky News and the BBC maybe.

Course they do.

The Johnson/Tory band of brothers just hope if they say people don’t care often enough some magic might make it true or someone might believe them :rofl:

But it ain’t happening
:rofl:

I can’t believe it. If this were a murder, they would do all they could in the first 48 hours. How long does it take to determine if there were violations. This report should have been done, and quit wasting taxpayer money. I think they are trying to buy BJ time to try and shovel out of the hole he’s in, and if they don’t report right away maybe something, oh I don’t know “trouble at the Ukraine” will distract the public. Give the damn report already. IMHO

Very much so, the sacking of Dick has overshadowed BJ, it was a Labour mayor so no collusion .

1 Like

I hear you brother. This investigation is turning into a flaming joke now. It should have been done and dusted last week.

1 Like

Now they’ve an had the MP Commissioner resign. I get it if we shake up the Metropolitan Police dept, then we have an excuse for delaying the report. This is BS!! This is why magician are so good, misdirection. IMHO

1 Like