Members Art work

As I look at this young lady in the painting I sense she is a gentle girl and a listener rather than a talker , very intelligent and knows what she wants and needs and wont hesitate in working towards her goal . She has a slight look of the very young princess Diana before life got to her .

She is lovely Muddy

2 Likes

Thank you Susan you are very perceptive she is a very gentle kind person and I too always thought she looked a bit like Princess DI .
I have known her for 30 years and if this turns out ok I will give her it for Christmas , better late than never :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a lovely gift!

2 Likes

Another alla primera

This is a young man who went on to be famous .

2 Likes

My last horse

2 Likes

Muddy, that looks like Princess Diana…only her hair is a different style and much shorter…very nice, I like it.

Love that horse face…so real looking.

Muddy, when did you discover that you could paint, at what age?

Did you go to art school?

I bet you got your A level in art?

Very old I’m afraid Pauline .
I used to paint at school back in the dark ages ( yes I did get A level art ) but have always thought of myself as one of those can draw / can’t paint people .
I have never been to art school although I was accepted at two but just didn’t go I got married instead .

A couple of years ago I met a professional artist and he poo poohed the idea of ‘ can’t paint ‘ so I started again .

He also dissed the ‘can’t do people ‘ excuse .

So I started doing both painting people and animals I wish I had done it long ago .

1 Like

Did you paint this Muddy?

I ask because it looks a very old painting, from centuries ago, …one of those famous painters ?, I find that quite an incredible painting.:heartpulse:

Even those grey strands of hair look real!..I actually thought my grey hair strand was on my computer and tried to wipe it off…I did honest!!

For some reason I’m transfixed to this painting, I think it’s the detail, everything about it looks real.

Yes I did and you are the second person to remark on this .
Someone thought I had copied it from an old master but I haven’t I used a reference photo and it’s someone I have met . I think it’s the long hair that makes it look old .

1 Like

More horse .

2 Likes

Wow! Wow! And Wow!..it had to be said.:+1::+1:

Bored today so started this little foal

2 Likes

Beautiful pic of the foal, Muddy…

1 Like

Thank you Mags done a bit more

3 Likes

That’s lovely, he has the look of a lively foal…

Tired of my foal now and not convinced with the background
I will call it fire foal .
So more or less done

7 Likes

I think its beautiful, background an’ all!

Even the eyes look wild…it could indeed be fleeing from fire!

See…your paintings always make think of stories behind them :joy:

1 Like

Another beauty Muddy

1 Like

Beautiful, lovely colours make it alive, Muddy.

I would definitely hang it on my wall!