Members Art work

I wish more people would put their art work on we used to have a lot of artists .
I miss Azure and her lovely Chinese brushwork paintings .
Surfermoms amazing seas scapes .
Unless it is somewhere I haven’t found yet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ive posted some of mine in my profile page.
I could copy some to here if you liked, just to get the ball rolling.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes that would be great

1 Like

To get this thread started I’ve included my drawings that are in my profile page. Not looking for likes :grinning:

17 Likes

These are amazing you have a great sense of perspective

3 Likes

Thanks Muddy for those kind words :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh chillie, Wow!!!..you too have that special gift, I have read somewhere that artists have a different wiring in the brain than non artists, or maybe wiring is the wrong word.
Apparently they see differently to those who can’t paint, that’s what I’ve read anyway.

1 Like

@Chillie6 I have just the wall for your Anchor ale house in my home … it is a superb reminder of such a pub from when I was about 6 or7; even the cellar front windows are exactly the same …thanks for sharing👍

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say my brain is wired differently, although others may disagree :grinning:. Drawing didn’t come easy to me. Lots of practice was involved and learning different rules and technique.
I believe every one has the ability to paint or draw within them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for that Longdriver. It’s a shame the paper is damaged on that picture because I would have been more than happy for you to have downloaded it to use as you wish.:slightly_smiling_face:

@Chillie6 Your pictures are brilliant.

Do you sell them? Have you ever exhibited them?

1 Like

Thanks Carol for those kind words.

No I don’t sell or exhibit them. They are purely for my own pleasure, I find it relaxing to get stuck into a picture. Haven’t picked up a pencil for a while. I must get back into it again🙂

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but I believe Art is a gift ,not everyone has it, that’s just my opinion,:grin:

We all have different gifts,imo.

3 Likes

Those drawings are brilliant! Well done.

1 Like

Very very clever . I wish I was clever :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Changed my mind.

1 Like

Someone asked me to show my art in order to help in the discussion of art, which I did a really poor of.

There are some great artists here including Muddy, Azure, Morty, Chillie, Silver Tabby,…. just to name a few who I’ve always supported at this site since I’ve been here.

Azure used to post new creations at least weekly which were certainly inspirational besides stunning. We’ve had some private conversations about artwork in general while sharing some tips and techniques. Lovely woman.

When chillie added his work I recognized where the inspiration came from but couldn’t quite put my finger on it so PM’ed him. It turns out that we share some of the same art resources so we discussed some of the resources as well as technique between us. It was exciting to meet someone who, not only enjoyed doing intense artwork but also shared the same passion for certain subjects, like boats and harbours.

We both agreed that having a passion for subject matter really makes a difference in what we are doing. Besides boats and harbours, I enjoy working with old houses or building, water mills, old barns etc. The only resources I have for these are mainly photos but I do have great resources for creating water colour flowers.

Books on techniques are definitely fewer so instead of showing off my artwork I’d prefer to discuss Tips & Techniques instead but since this thread is Muddys thread dedicated to members various artwork, I’d prefer to start another separate thread. I have so many questions to ask about tips & techniques regarding artwork.

I’m hoping that this is ok with my fellow artists as I’d love to share what I know and do and look forward to learning some new skills.

2 Likes

@Chillie6 :hot_pepper: you’ve just got to start drawing again! Beautiful drawings!!!

1 Like

Come winter time I will try and find time to do some more drawings. You are not the only one urging me to restart :grinning:

2 Likes

I welcome the idea to pick up tips and pass any one if I have any I think it’s a great idea to share techniques .
I am always at a loss with perspective for example and find watercolours very difficult to handle .

This week I learned a new word for an old technique that I had never heard of Sfumato

Sfumato which means hazy or Smokey and is a technique used to soften the edges of a paintings .
It was often used by the old masters. Ie Leonardo da Vinci ‘s Mona Lisa .
So I am trying it out in my present painting of a horse but it’s is better done on an oil painting as oils don’t dry quickly so can be merged together easier .( my horse is in acrylics )
The sfumato effect I am trying is on the neck area

9 Likes