Lucy Letby - the nurse that killed babies

Some American nutter is launching an appeal.

‘More pain for families’ as campaign launched to appeal killer Lucy Letby’s conviction (msn.com)

1 Like

I’m uneasy about this case and I don’t know why because all the evidence points to her being guilty…but I don’t know something just doesn’t seem right…anyone else feel the same ?

1 Like

I rarely feel ease with any murder case, everyone is some mothers child, the murderer as well as the victim, just consider the guilt the parents of a murderer must feel… and in this case in particular, judt consider her parents, the pride they felt when she qualified as a nurse, then the horror of infantacide …

Summer , why do you feel uneasy about this case . I’m interested to know your feelings.

I too am interested in your view I have not read or even followed the case. All my info has been gained from small snippets you cannot avoid I know there was a TV programme on BBC2 the other evening, about the background etc.

Well Susan and Kazz you know that feeling of dread …its unexplainable but you just feel really uncomfortable as if something awful is about to happen or has just happened…its like that when I think about it.

Not based on evidence or anything just that feeling. Maybe its just me who has the feeling and I’m a bit bonkers…but there you have it…just a feeling

2 Likes

I agree feelings talk to me too. I always say our intuition is our inner teacher , it took me years to realise this but it can leave me confused .

Today while sitting outside in the quiet silence and beautiful trees ( staying with my sister in Surrey ) I had an uncomfortable thought which I pushed away and hope it was just a silly thought and not a premonition.

I guess with this case time will tell , I hope her parents will be safe and supported, my concern is for them to be honest . Letby ( I now can’t say her first name ) will certainly suffer in prison .

Lovely to chat to you

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Summer I hear you its almost as if our minds canot take in the enormity of the situation, I mean how do we grasp anyone would kill babies intentionally and also be around their parents over a long time scale.

I think to myself could they be wrong well in saying its her? Yes I suppose so; but I cannot bring myself to read any facts/information about the case I think my own self preservation kicks in to keep the wall of “nurses/people/human beings” do not kill vunerable babes. I wonder if thats the feeling we just cannot comprehend the enormity of it all over a long period of time.

1 Like

I am always suspicious of what the MSM try to spoon feed us with these days. I’m not saying they’ve not reported the facts, but have they reported the full unbiased facts so that we can make our own minds up. It’s as if their opinions should be your opinions and you are a conspiracy theorist if you doubt them. I’d rather keep my options open than believe anything I see/hear on the news or net. It sometimes gets me in a lot of trouble…
:blush:

Do you think we will ever get to read or hear Letbys psychology report because she’s not insane, the psychology doctors would have spent a long time studying her .

I was recently told of a life prisoner in Wakefield prison ( not sure if to say his name ) he killed children , someone who works there recently said the man is pure evil , the most evil , no remorse and would do it again and again .

Where does this evil come from ?

Arent they reporting the opinion of the 12 people on the jury. , ordinary people who judged this woman on the evidence they were given ?

3 Likes

I agree 100% with OGF on his opinion of the Media
but the verdict of the jury would be based on evidence presented to them, facts that perhaps we are not privy to, but for so many deaths it is my opinion that others, while not actually conspiring with the woman didnt perform their duties as practitioners properly, and the ones who did voice an opinion should be part of a further case, a case against the management who ignored the complaints and were therefore compliant in the other deaths…too many in the health service pandy to the bottom line, and too many are employed to chase the £ figures.

2 Likes

Not really Muddy, only their interpretation of the opinions of the jury were. Isn’t there something about a jury member not discussing the case outside the courtroom. Either before or after the trial?

They found her guilty there is nothing more to discuss.

2 Likes

Who is most likely to have Munchausen syndrome?

There appear to be 2 separate groups of people affected by Munchausen syndrome. They are: women who are 20 to 40 years of age, often with a background in healthcare. unmarried white men who are 30 to 50 years of age.

Okay…
:shushing_face:

When people abuse a child by claiming it’s ill it’s not Munchausen syndrome but Münchausen’s syndrome by proxie .

2 Likes

Life should mean life but not when this may be about to happen.

Allitt’s motives have never been fully explained. According to one theory, she showed symptoms of a factitious disorder also known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy. Whatever, it should be family’s who decide.

Lucy Letby will spend the rest of her life in prison. Thank goodness for that.

Is infanticide a very British phenomenon? I have never heard of this sort of thing until recently (oh, and in the bible I suppose)