Lucy Letby - the nurse that killed babies

On the news this evening was a story about a UK nurse who had been found guilty of killing babies in her care. Anyone know much about this?

Mod edit: Link added to help future readers:

Yes Bruce its been a long drawn out case starting last year , What was worrying was the Consultants had brought their worries of the nurse years back in 2017 to management , but managment would not take them seriously , and even made them apologise to the nurse , because she brought a case against them for intimidation …

My own thought is Manangement should also be on trial , because more babies were murdered after it had been brought to their attention …

5 Likes

Lucy Letbe I believe is her name , looks like an angel but a devil in disguise. Killed many , I think 10 are known. There may be many more unknown. Why ?

What makes a young girl do this ? Dreadful for families

and brough to their attention repeatedly by consultants downwards. There’s none as deaf as those who don’t want to hear🤬

2 Likes

I would really like to know what kind of childhood she had and also how she was treated by those outside the family. A child’s mind is easily turned by the wrong company and all too easily damaged by those who should have known better.

2 Likes

Lucy Letbe needs to go to Broadmoor she must have some sort of insane power thing.
Terrible crimes
Her life is now wasted
Babies who’s lives had barely started …ended.
The devastated parents.

1 Like

Just watched the documentary on BBC I player they investigated her 3 years before , Management made staff write an apology letter to her because of allegations. Its quite shocking to watch . It went on for years . They now investigating her early training years as 3 babies died while she was training .

She has friends who love her saying she could not have done this , she was kind gentle and loving . They stand by her .

It is quite unbelievable when you see her

1 Like

The powers that be are now investigating all the other hospitals she worked at

1 Like

This is a capital offence
This woman will never be save to let lose among the public .

1 Like

To all accounts she had a normal loving home . She was her parents only child and they have attended every day of the trial .They could not believe their daughter had done this .

1 Like

It’s impossible to imagine her poor parents feelings, poor people . The girls brain must be so miss wired for her to have the ability to be so loving kind and a loyal friend then turn into pure evil .

I would like to see the psychology report

I don’t know exactly what information has been release, some is being held back.

She worked in a ward dealing with premature births and other complication. The prosecutor has said, “she was in effect playing God”, so reading between the lines, it seems she thought these unwell babies were better off dead.

Just though I’d add that.

… for Bruce, don’t know if it’s now being included in any press release. When this story first hit the news, we were led to believe she had her own reasons, but now it’s played down.

I feel particularly sorry for the surviving babies and their families who now have a lifetime of disability to live with .

Every news item dominated is by this awful story , even a Panorama programme.
Imagine being the parents of Letby , nowhere to hide. I think I would climb under a duvet and stay there if I was them.

I think that I would leave the country but they love their daughter she is their child .

Its hard to imagine a worse situation for her parents…their only child a murderer of babies.

I read that she got hooked on the theatre of it all especially when her favourite doctor was on duty.

Poor babies :frowning:

So the murderess Letby is sentenced to 14 life sentences, Britain’s most prolific woman murderer . I’ve heard nothing about her mental health and really would like to know what the psychologists who would have interviewed her thought , she’s not been considered insane as they would send her to a high secure mental hospital. I wonder how she will fare in a female prison .

She has refused to attend the sentencing hearing which the famiilies are describing as “one final act of wickedness”.

However she has been sentneced to a rare whole of life order. At Manchester Crown Court , Mr Justice Goss said “By their nature and number, such murders and attempted murder by a neonatal nurse entrusted to care for them is a case of very exceptional circumstances. This was a cruel, calculated and cynical campaign of child murder. “There was a deep malevolence bordering on sadism in your actions."
“During the course of this trial, you have coldly denied any responsibility for your wrongdoing.
“You have no remorse. There are no mitigating factors.”

Sentencing her to a whole life order for each offence, he said: “You will spend the rest of your life in prison"

Her parents did not attend the sentencing hearing (maybe the truth has finaly dawned) or they just siimply cannot face it.

All in all heartbreaking.

I can’t imagine how her parents feel, but at least their child is still alive, what about the parents of the murdered babies, how are they going to feel today and all their tomorrows she wasn’t a young girl I believe she was in her 30s,
And ss for her supervisors they would be protecting her because of the nursing shortage the last thing they needed was to lose another nurse not knowing of course what this particular nurse was doing… so no, there can be no winners in this case everyone is a loser…

Personally I can’t see why this makes the slightest bit of difference. She is still sentenced, is gaoled for the rest of her life and will be forgotten by most of the population.

The idea of being locked up for the rest of her life is punishment enough.