Lilibet Takes The Stage

I would think they would have had a better offer, ie preparing for the Jubilee weekend.

1 Like

Oh Righty. Really? I certainly was not waiting to see what colour the child was…are you serious. You seem very defensive about those two attention seekers.

I still don’t see the child’s colour even now such people as yourself who has has brought it to the forefront.

Not everyone is racist!

I

3 Likes

Same with me. We have four mixed-race children in our family (all grown up now), and it’s never been an issue. They are my nieces and nephews. End of.

5 Likes

**And this is the pot calling the kettle black, eh.*Exactly why brits are laughed at.

1 Like

Wow really?

1 Like

Why on earth you come on a forum primarily populated with Brits is a mystery as you hate us so much and sneer at anything British.

1 Like

Coming from a country that had legally enforced public segregation until the 60s ,still has the KKK
and elected Donald Trump a racist real estate man as President !

1 Like

Meg and Harry will be divorced in about a year when Meg has no more use for Harry.

3 Likes

I would first like to say that most people learn to like the way of life in the country they were brought up in , but Meg is American so maybe that is why she wants her children to experience life as she has known it.
Nobody knows why Harry decided to give up his royal life , but it was his choice and I hope they can have a happy life , wherever they live. He was a popular member of the family , among the British people, so I have never understood why many turned against him when he decided to leave. I am sad that maybe some of his own family have turned against him, but perhaps that often happens when a family member moves to another country to be with the person they love & have children with.
Edward abdicated the position of king to marry Wallis Simpson and people were shocked… but they seemed to be happy together. Harry was never likely to be king, so why can’t the public be happy for them & let them live their lives as they choose?

4 Likes

As she ignores both sides of her own family barring her mother it doesn’t look like she wants her children growing up in the same way .
I don’t think the British public turned against him for leaving lots of people emigrate .
It’s was the implications that we are all racists not long after the taxpayer had paid for their wedding and the refurbishment of their Windsor mansion .
The cherry on the top was that Oprah interview .
I always thought that the Duke of Winsor regretted his decision .
He like Harry seemed a needy man and one can only imagine the chargin of Wallis Simpson having to entertain this needy man who once was King for the rest of their lives .
Lives that were empty and meaningless .
Harry has chosen the same path .

3 Likes

That is not what I suggested Muddy! I was saying that life is different in all countries and many mothers would want their kids to experience the same values they were brought up with.
You have made it clear that you dont want a royal family, so hasn’t Harry done you a favour by living off his inheritance from his mother & what he can earn, rather than being kept by the British?

Yoiu are entitled to you opinion but it isn’t based on fact, so I am sure you will understand why i see things differently!

2 Likes

I think the Royal Family just cant forgive and l can just imagine some of them giving the couple the ‘evils’.
It was their choice to go to live in America but they are being treated like they’ve murdered someone!

I am surprised at the ‘huggers’ on this forum as they seem to really despise the couple…when maybe a hug and a little forgiveness might be nicer.

3 Likes

I think the issue is, that with all the privileges and wealth of royalty come responsibilities and duties.

Harry was aware of this, and surely his wife would have been made aware prior to the wedding, (in fact I’m sure I saw an interview with Harry before his marriage saying Meghan had been taught all the protocols etc and was well prepared for what was ahead.)

When they left they expected to retain the wealth and privilege without performing the duties and responsibilities, and this was unacceptable to the rest of the Royal Family and a large swathe of the general public.

Their drop in popularity has nothing to do with racism, more their lack of Noblesse Oblige.

It is true that Harry had no choice in his birth position, but to expect to keep the advantages while jettisoning the burdens is unreasonable.

7 Likes

I wonder if anyone has read the comments at the end of the article l posted in the opening post.

The stuff people are saying is venomous.
Saying the child is ugly, has too many teeth for her age, that she and Archie don’t really exist and she was borrowed for the photo shoot. The other comments are worse.
How can people be so vicious…

Nor is yours Twink .
What are the values that are different in the USA from the U.K. ?
We know they are more racist minded over there I certainly would not like to have been born a black American .
We know life is held less over there as can be seen by their gun laws . Rather than ban guns they will put childrens lives at risk
Meghan was brought up in a working family at least the father worked and educated her she wasn’t brought up to the jet set life style .
It’s true I am not a royalist but I don’t wish them ill and certainly don’t wish Prince Harry ill .They are what they are privileged and wealthy they don’t need my approval to be happy .

2 Likes

I didn’t see any of this Art .
If it’s the DM I think that the comments are not written by real people but by the DM themselves :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Muddy, There are 8.8k comments at the end of the article that haven’t been moderated!
If you click on the ‘8.8k view comments’, below the title, it takes you to the comments.

Someone has commented … ‘ they don’t post many pics of their children because of what the nasty trolls will say about them’.

The Royal Family paid for their wedding, the tax payers paid for the security and the security wouldn’t have just been for them it would have been for all the royal family.

2 Likes

Here’s the costs
The security was £30 million .That is for one day .

Are we paying £30 million a DAY for the RF anyway ?
That is £30 million x 365.
Which equals £10950,000,000 pa

While I think their security is vast it’s not one hopes this vast !

People are going to food banks and the taxpayer pays all this for the security of one family ?

There were also other costs that that Windsor council ie taxpayers had to pay .

2 Likes

No that would have been just for that one day. The same way it would be for any of the royal occasions, would have been the same for weddings, funerals and dread to think what the cost would have been for the Platinum Jubilee, but I don’t begrudge it because of the joy these occasions bring to the public.

How much do you think ‘protests’ costs. How much does it cost to police football matches etc. These are regular occurrences, not just one offs every now and again.

2 Likes