Lilibet Takes The Stage

More back stairs tittle tattle from “Royal Insiders”, eh?
Who are these untrustworthy people? The palace seems as leaky as a sieve - either the Palace has staff who don’t understand what “confidentiality” means or there is some family members with an axe to grind - or maybe journalists making it up as they go along - it wouldn’t be the first time!
I never trust a person who breaks the confidentiality requirements of their job to feed gossip to the press.

5 Likes

No Righty I must disagree with you here.

There isn’t a mixed race marriage where curiosity and eager foretelling and wondering about the child’s skin hair and eye colour isn’t a source of endless debate and fun.
My eldest son married a beautiful Mexican girl, their little boy resembles his mum and their little girl has brown eyes and the brightest reddest hair you’ve ever seen! My d-i-l has been stopped in the street and asked is she really your daughter?! She hasn’t taken offence in the slightest, she’s had lots of fun and even told one busybody they adopted her!!

It was totally wrong of H&M to make snide references to racism etc where there was bound to be natural curiosity.

THIS is why (one of the many reasons) they’ve lost so much of their original and genuine popularity with many Brits.

3 Likes

This amazes me.
Then it’s not a private occasion is it?
If my son or daughters brought their own photographers to my house I’d show them the door.

2 Likes

We don’t have racism like you do in America we are accustomed to mixed marriages and most people couldn’t care less what colour the children are .

7 Likes

Do the quests take their guns with them to social occasions ?

1 Like

The Royal Family bent over backwards for Meghan (who incidentally was also a divorcee - the first I think to marry into the Royal Family) and to include her in everything. She was treated the same as Kate as far as their wedding went and the public engagements but all she did was throw it all back in their faces, move to the USA and stick two fingers up at Prince Charles, Prince Phillip and the Duke of Cambridge, accusing them of racism and victimisation.

Now their big Spotify and Netflix deals have hit the skids because nobody wants to hear any more of their lies and spitefulness like they showed on the Oprah Winfrey interview. Now they have come crawling back and then before the jubilee celebrations finished, flew home back to the USA.

Absolutely shocking behaviour.

I wonder if Thomas Markle is going to see his grandkids or if Megan is actually going to go and see him and pay his medical bills.

Ofcourse not.

5 Likes

I agree with much of what you say in this post, we did see Archie when he was a toddler and it’s well within the rights of the parents as to when they wish to publicly show pics of their child. I never wondered what colour he would be and can’t remember that being discussed and wish the media would get off their backs.

I strongly disagree with what you said about little Louis though, he’s not a terror he’s just a normal two year old and we loved his antics.

1 Like

Camilla is a divorcee so Meghan wasn’t the first.

2 Likes

I think this is the most likely and they’re the same people who complain about Harry and Meghan making money.

maybe journalists making it up as they go along

2 Likes

Good point !

1 Like

As you welcome comments about your post I thought it was petty , mean and so wrong I wonder if you have actually ever been to the U.K. as you seem to have a very poor opinion of British people .

3 Likes

No. They didn’t choose not to appear on the balcony, it was the Queen’s choice that only working royals appeared with her, and the choice H&M made a long long time ago was NOT to be working royals; they “escaped” that role and turned their backs on it.

That was their choice.

Edit: sorry Muddy this is not a reply to you but to Righty, don’t know what happened there!

3 Likes

To be brutishly honest I have no interest at all in 3rd party royals and their attention seeking. There is only one worth her salt and that is princess Anne, who keeps out of the attention glaring rest of these minor royals. The only one who is a complete idiot is Charles who is or will be king one day, also not worth that position as he can’t even keep his wedding vows (what an example he sets - not), but has to be centre of atttention because of his position in the royal lineup

Once the Queen is no longer with us I can’t see any of them drawing in the crowds of foreigners as she does.

3 Likes

They don’t draw in crowds of foreigners that is a much vaunted myth . Foreigners come to see the old castles and palaces they don’t expect to see a royal . The Jubllee was an exceptional occasion but I still can’t see why it should attract foreigners apart from the light show and pageantry .

1 Like

I’ve always said mixed race is beautiful and had my kids married mixed race I would also wondered if the beautiful child would be dark or light skinned , after all Meghan has beautiful colour skin that many white people clamour to have by tanning or spraying.

The British people so welcomed Meghan and many like me were thrilled that mixed race was coming in to the Royal family . Whatever went on we will only know Megs side but I don’t believe it had anything what so ever to do with her skin colour .

I do think H is a bit sad but he’s probably glad to be out of the stuffiness and protocol . His children are lovely and I’m sure will have a great life .

H and Megs will still be in demand but not in this country any more I do think they burned their bridges but I wish them luck

2 Likes

When the Queen said no to photographs of her meeting Lillibet, I took that to mean a forewarning, not that H&M were stopped at the door.

2 Likes

Personally I think it’s fantastic that an American, and presumably America is so keen on Harry and Meghan … the States is afterall their new home. Many Brits just can’t conceive their need to keep coming back to stress that they’re no longer part of Royal life.

What I find odd is the snidey remarks implying racism over the colour of Archie’s skin when America, and American cops in particular, must surely hold the most appalling reputation on the planet for discrimination and brutality. It is a well known fact that America often lead the world by example.

The new sprog looks okay, a nice little girl if you like kiddies, if a little on the chubby side and whether royal or not it must have been a real treat for the Queen to see her latest great-grandchild.

Perhaps Kate will ask Meghan for instruction on child rearing ? … who knows … and maybe the antiquated folk on the balcony wearing outdated uniforms and dresses can take tips from President Biden how to truly carry off the desiccated walking corpse look.

:rofl: :rofl: Sorry Rightnow but you’re so bitchy where anything British is concerned you’re entertaining.

3 Likes

Exactly … they wanted a new life and good luck to them… I don’t see the need to keep hearing about them and their exploits or Netflix deals.
Something tells me the day that the Queen departs this world the rift will become total, irrevocably so and Harry’ll be buried as a thing of the past as the problem does seem to be between William and Charles and Harry rather than Queen Lizzie.

By the time Wills is on the throne people will say Harry Who? Never mind Archie. Not dissimilar to Eugenie and Beatrice now.

2 Likes

I think so to Morticia , once the Queen has left us he will be out in the cold , and I do think he knows this .

Did I read it somewhere that Kate will and Charles didn’t attend Lilibets birthday party , if this is correct it says it all

1 Like

The biggest event of the decade was on why would they want to attend a one year olds birthday party .

Who does anyone attend one year olds birthday parties?

One year olds don’t know a party from a hole in the ground much less whose coming to it .

4 Likes