Lilibet Takes The Stage

Oh gawd. That’s how I buy my paints too and don’t give a damn if something has a royal warrant or not. I wouldn’t dream of going out and buying clothes because that’s what the royals wear, but people do. And all of this sort of thing helps businesses.

Same here, Wendeey. I don’t give a damn what someone else buys or wears, royal or not.

Be funny if the royals bought the paint and clothes WE chose for a change though. Would WE get a warrant then? :smiley:

You never know, give it a go. The fashion these days are ripped jeans with paint all over them, so could kill two birds with one stone. These ones are on sale at the moment for a mere £365.48 was £854.93.

Or these for a mere £6,800:

I can sell you a pair of them for a fiver. Hang on I’ll just get me paint and scissors.

What the heck some people are so damn materialistic and shallow with too much money.

2 Likes

In my day, you used to buy a pair of jeans and wear them out through constant use, so holes would appear at the knees and the arse part would thin. Who in their right mind would buy a pair of jeans “pre-holed” and pay through the nose for the privilege?

5 Likes

Probably our views differ because a sleazy Prince Andrew doesn’t bring a smile to my face. But some people will overlook anything.

As to 1.24 a year in tax … it’s the principle of the thing not the amount.
They’re anachronistic. Their day is done.
By all means keep the palaces and towers for tourism but jettison the people who have been reduced from kings and queens who actually ruled the country to well off race horse owners who globe trot around the world and pay a bit of lip service to philanthropic causes and smile at cameras.

I’d much rather my 1.24 go to a donkey sanctuary. I like donkeys.

And Captain Tom? Ah, yes. His daughter is been investigated for irregular accounting and dubious expenses from the pot of money he raised.

1 Like

Hi

Lovely to see some proper debate back on here.

As far as Captain Tom is concerned I am currently in a Ward looking down o a Captain Tom garden which I watched being built on a previous hospital stay.

Very expensive, mostly hard landscaping and built by a main contractor.

Jobs for the boys.

As I’ve said your views differ to mine and that’s fine, what a boring old world it would be if we all agreed on everything. I happen to like the royal family and all they stand for and am proud to have them for all the world to see. I wouldn’t swap my life for theirs for anything. I live in a small house without two pennies to rub together, but I don’t have to do all the things they have to which would bore me silly. I can just go for a walk on the beach any time of day or night I wish and doesn’t cost me a penny.

Thankfully Andrew isn’t front of scene anymore and only appears when the media with their obsession wants to take a pic of him driving somewhere in his car. Whenever I see it and roll my eyes mumbling to myself, haven’t they anything better to do with their time.

I like donkeys too and have a sanctuary nearby so can go and visit them anytime I want.

Loads of people get investigated every day for differing things that doesn’t mean they’re guilty. And this is the latest I could find on that:

Hannah, of Marston Moretaine, Beds, said she did not want to burden the charity with costs so lent cash from her business. It was later reimbursed which, she said, led people to wrongly assume she was siphoning off money.

I like your trusting, simplistic view Wendeey … Captain Tom’s daughter is been investigated … enough said.
As to the royals … they have enough rotten wood and dead wood in them that if they were an ocean going liner they’d have sunk by now.
It’s people like you that keep them alive. That bolster and burnish their image.

Either way … I do believe their days are numbered and doubt whether George will ever get to sit on the throne so perhaps Harry has the right idea in making the break now, I’m sure redundant royals will be able trade on their lineage for some years to come.

So do I :cupid:

…enough said? Hmmmm, post office workers has come to mind

1 Like

I’ve already agreed that yes, she’s being investigated, but as I’ve said that doesn’t mean she’s guilty and until the investigation has been finished, I’d prefer to keep an open mind, but by the sounds of it, you’ve already made your mind up.

Yup I’ve already said we have differing views regarding the royals and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I think the royals will still be there by the time George comes to take over, whether he’ll want to will be another matter and completely up to him in the same way it was for Harry to lead the life he wants to lead.

Do you mean the post office workers who were sent to prison and then found to be innocent or is it something else that I haven’t heard about?

And Julie Andrews just danced across the meadow and vanished over the horizon.
I almost envy you wendeey. Almost. :pig:

1 Like

Yes that’s who I meant.
Investigation doesn’t have to mean anything wrong was done

2 Likes

Think you are wrong there he will never be king William will be lucky to see it out.

I love that photo you posted.

1 Like

BBC News - Prince Charles had ‘very emotional’ first meeting with Lilibet, says royal source

Sorry pass the sick bag

2 Likes

1 Like

I agree the recent Caribbean tour was embarrassing. William and Kate’s Caribbean tour flight cost taxpayer over £226,000, accounts show. Why couldn’t they take a scheduled flight.
It’s disgraceful

Ooops another fine mess …this is a very late post in reply to a comment made by Muddy .