Capt Tom Moore Foundation UK - Hannah Ingram-Moore's company, Maytrix Group, was paid for charity event

Continuing the discussion from Lilibet Takes The Stage:

9 Jun '22

Today:

In 2021 and 2022, Hannah Ingram-Moore helped judge awards ceremonies which heavily featured the Captain Tom Foundation charity. Promotional clips suggested she was there to represent the charity.

However her fee was paid not to the Foundation but to the Maytrix Group, a company owned by Ms Ingram-Moore and her husband, Colin. She is yet to respond to the claims.

The awards ceremony was the Virgin Media O2 Captain Tom Foundation Connector Awards, which included the name of the charity and the charity’s logo on its awards plaques. At the time Ms Ingram-Moore was the charity’s interim chief executive on an annual salary of £85,000.

For more than a year, the Charity Commission has been investigating potential conflicts of interest between the charity and the Ingram-Moores’ businesses after concerns mounted about potential mismanagement and misconduct.

Ms Ingram-Moore is no longer running the charity, but her husband Colin remains a trustee. Both of them are directors of the companies Maytrix Group and Club Nook.

A Charity Commission spokesperson said: “Our inquiry into the Captain Tom Foundation remains ongoing. Its scope includes examining whether the trustees have adequately managed conflicts of interest, including with private companies connected to the Ingram-Moore family.”

Concerns have been raised about whether some of the funds were going to separate companies run by the family, the salary paid to Ms Ingram-Moore and how much money was spent on management costs.

Grants of £160,000 were given to four charities by the Foundation in its first year, May 2020 to 31 May 2021, but spent £209,433 on support costs - including the £162,336 on “management”.

The financial statement also showed reimbursement costs of £16,097 paid to Club Nook Limited - a company run by Hannah Ingram-Moore, the younger of Capt Sir Tom’s two daughters, set up shortly before the formation of the charity.

Separately earlier this month, the family defended plans to build an unauthorised spa that they have been told to demolish.

Capt Tom attracted international attention during the first coronavirus lockdown, by walking 100 laps of his garden ahead of his 100th birthday, to support the NHS. Having raised around £38m for NHS Charities Together, he died in early 2021 with Covid-19, less than six months after being knighted.

One “mis-routed” payment may have been a mistake but several would seem to indicate intention … :thinking:

1 Like

I find it all very sad , whether it was intentional or not , the Memory of Captain Tom is now over looked for this story line .

3 Likes

I find it very sad too that anyone with a father like Captain Tom who clearly put all his energy into those walks could to do the slights thing that could be seen as not ‘above board’ and might tarnish his memory,

3 Likes

Every instance of money being involved with charities, we’ll always find dippers helping themselves and yes it does besmirch old Tom’s memory.

And do we think this is the only charity that greases palms?
I knew a person who had three charity shops that did rather well, they are allowed to charge up to 90% in expences, just check out the salaries of the executive officers.of your favourite charity…do gooders how might the word survive without them… but dont get me wrong most of the ladies working in these shops do so for no wages.

1 Like

Sadly i am just not surprised anymore

1 Like

Yes its very sad. Seem to remember there was a second sister, who tended to be more low profile. Wonder what her thoughts or actions are.

1 Like

Lucy’ profile - low key:

My mother started to become unwell in 2000 and had rapid decline with dementia, her demise came in 2006. This affected me deeply, it is a form of a living death, I contacted a homeopath during this time for emotional and physical help which kept me well during an incredibly sad time.

Since qualifying in 2012 I continue to learn about natural health and the deep imbalances that affect our world. Imbalances such as being tired all the time can become worse as we continue to drive ourselves in our daily lives.

I am able to offer you a system of medicine that is used by over 200 million people all over the world. It is low cost, low carbon and effective at keeping people well. I work with medical staff and often ask my patients to get tested and contact their GP.

In 2012 I graduated from The Contemporary College of Homeopathy, in 2013 I completed An Advanced Diploma of Orion Homeopathic Training.

I am a registered Homeopath with The Society of Homeopaths since 2012.

I am a qualified Homeobotanicals Practitioner since 2017

I am a fully trained Weleda Wellbeing Advisor since 2013.

Hannah’s profile - self-aggrandizing:

After a wealth of experiences that give her invaluable insight into juggling a professional, family and a global phenomenon, Hannah is a much sought after public speaker, as she seeks to share her knowledge and stories to inspire others.

As an acclaimed business strategist and a leader in her field, Hannah Ingram-Moore has expert knowledge and insight into the world of business. Having forged her own success in male dominated industries, she is now a much sought after female business speaker.

For decades I have been immersed in the global working world, where I have taken part in over a thousand media interviews and given hundreds of presentations.

Having spoken with leaders in business to leaders of nations, Hannah is a composed character and a natural storyteller, who seeks to impart a wealth of knowledge and experience onto others. Leadership is a trait that Hannah has in abundance, and one that resonates across all aspects of her life. Whether it be selling mobile phones on a spanish beach, to personal requests from Nicholas Hayek Jr, to launching her own business, Hannah’s perseverance and determination to perform to the best of her ability, and encourage others to do the same.

She has worked with UK based brands such as Gap, Fortnum & Mason and Whittard, whilst also supporting iconic brands across Europe and North America such as Liberty London and Swatch Group. Developing brands and businesses of this stature has given her a wealth of knowledge and expertise that she wants to impart onto others and help the female entrepreneurs of the future.

The plethora of experiences Hannah has and the stories from her past (and present) make for a talk like no other. Articulate, passionate and with her feet on the ground, Hannah’s public speaking is always motivational and an inspiration to all.

… and that’s just a hint of the massive self-promotion exercise that is her website … :astonished:

1 Like