Leisurely Scribbles (Part 2)

yes she is a tramp - get her off!!

apparently he had raving dementia at that point??

It’s strange how music cancels the effects of dementia. I remember someone during lockdown who couldn’t remember the words to string a sentence together but he could sing songs from his youth without missing a beat. It’s very common apparently. Him and his son had a song in the charts if I remember correctly.

which Him are you referring to dear Sir?? is it his hymn or her hymn they are singing to?? or are they singing to another tune altogether??

Yes of course I recall watching a recent doco about Tony Bennett during his last years with his dementia - it was quite remarkable how he would move into his music room at home and just get down to work singing either alone or with others at the drop of a hat and almost faultless - it is often applied in some nursing homes I understand but perhaps not sufficiently enough?

And if the band you’re in starts playing different tunes
I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon
 :icon_wink:

I’m with Roy O at the mo - only the lonely no the way I feel right now!!

just finished watching Sirocco for the second time around - what a magnificent film and in b/w with Humphrey Bogart and NO bedroom scenes - thank god!! - set in French imposed Syria - remind you of anywhere else? and Bogart is only on Bogarts side - very friendly with the syrians and polite with the French so his business can continue. It is magnificent for what it doesn’t show and of course Bogart stucatto drawl!!

We have a tv station devoted to films down here - so we get a good mix of good ; not so good and brilliant and then there are a range of serials as we used to call them either usa ; brit ; aussie or europen subtitled - sometimes I fall asleep in the middle of one and wake up in the middle of another!!

Watching the brit series Sherwood - very good/excellent - small mining village and the simmering agro between those who were strikers and those who weren’t - love the british actors male and female and the brooding midlands - scenery magnificent. And if they were still living in council houses then they looked very swish? I think I’ve only seen the first episode so don’t spoill it for me - rating : nostalgic XXXX

Get plenty of sub-titled euros too and of course always the Usa - sometimes don’t have time for cooking and then there was "“Britains Most Expensive Houses” - wow and you are complaining of being poor??

Where have all the Flat Earthers gone? Have their personalities got more rounded? when they die, what will happen to their “Spirit” Levels?

Nah we’ve moved into " a moving feast of immigrants" - well ya could call it a “levelling out earth people” - they don’t want all the rich living in their enclave countries and all the poor stayin in poverty - so they’re comin to help us richies to level it all out - what’s yours is theirs and wots theirs is invisible thin air!

This has happened before ya know - when God sent a new tribe into the wilderness with that wild man Abraham - and said go and visit all the multi God worshipers and kick the shLLt oout of em and take their land and it shall be name Israel - and there still a lot of kickin goin in right now!! What I don’t get about a loving God is the number of people he had knocked off - if ya didn’t workship him ya were yesterdays news - and I don’t think anyone was buryin the bodies in those days either?? and in those temperatures - gawd blimey!

Glad we’ve encapsulated them into a small space now and we’ve even got some of em fightin on the wrong side and killin their own wow that’s a smart trick heh!

And what I can’t understand right now is did JC take over from his dad and put him in the back room and said leave it to me dad - I’m gonna modernize religion and make everyone love everyone else but it may take a little while - we use a technique now called negotiation NOT go to hell ok!!

and another thingy - can you stop sendin us ya outdated docos - juste been watching one with Kate Humble - off the beaten track - ?? - treckin through Wales this time and everything is hunky doory - lovely farmers - ancient weaving - pony trap racing - Wales seems to be the place to be atm - didn’t quite catch the date at the end complimentaries - would that be the 60’s or 70’s or even 2000?? - or wasn’t she born then?? Anyway great way to attract tourists to Englands green and pleasant lands - well Welsh actually!!

part 2 - now I know that troops of chimpanzees sometimes attack other groups and will chase them down - kill them and sometimes eat them. so how different are we humans atm - we are doing all the same bare eating - but we do rape some female members of other tribes [ see Ukraine atrocities atm] and even steal their children and re-educate them - I think the animal kingdom is in the wrong order of ascent and descent if ya see what I mean??

We are getting a MoHo so we can escape at the first sign of an armageddon!!

Is it amphibeous?? how else will you leave the island?

Not in my lifetime will replace not in my backyard

NIMLT/NIMBY, not the same ring, Yes?

tingling ting; lingating ling - depends which way ya heading laddie!!

Sideways FYI

Ah do the crab crawl heh??