Leisurely Scribbles (Part 2)

ther comes a point after some while from bashing particles together that all ya have left is a tom??

Erhmm scusy scusy - that fella ya talkin about - wot was is name? - I’ve almost forgotten - lots of people come back have you noticed but not this guy - not a sniffter ; not a warble ; not a smidgeon - wonder whether he’s chattin to those others who’ve left dead or alive?

Perhaps they’f formed a golden thread with silver needles - spittie wasn’t that a line or title of a song - yuz the mon with the info on that?

altogether now:

We wish they’d cum back from the deed
cos weez runnin out of good tunes - nearly deed
even spittie’s avin trouble with his
bike he calls rubble
he cannot get those 'lectrics to sneeze!!

Gawd doesn’t it just put ya blood on the boil
when the rest just pee awf while rest toil
well what I mean is the two of us
we keep tryin true blue iz us
but wiv no bike on the road it’s off the boil?

We could start a ghost them that might help
wiv everyone draped in sea kelp
they’ll be emerald green from whereever ya’ve been
I’ll be in all brown for a derg?

Gawd I’m goin home now - spittie switch off the light [ oh ya did 6 mths ago - good!]

1 Like

even the actors in hollywood are boring these days all they do is shoot people for real heh - how crass - pretending means you can keep doing it over and over again|!!

I watched martin clunes doing his isles of britain the other day - thanks god there is some sanity left around the shores of - God fearing honest to goodness people who know what sharing and caring is all about and enjoying life in the wilds - that’s the way to go - on the outside not wanting to be lookin in!!

More much more than this, we did it our way.

i did it that way once

I know

Sorry, I think I know!

Once is enough

Wouldn’t do thrice

Lets not go round again.

frank sinatra knows the true way!!

seriously MC do tell those that martin clunes showed seemed so deliriously happy away from major civilizations?? - and they still had their pubs and fishin and a school for the kids?

I may have mentioned to you perhaps that I live in the middle of a forest ? - the other evening sunday I think or could be sat I was sitting outside having a beer and noticed ugly brown dark clouds moving about. then my neighbour appeared and said " pack a bag and be ready to evacuate at any moment - there is a fire 5kms away deliberately lit apparently and uncontrollable atm by our small fireforce??

feck I thought and then wondered what I would take - besides me and the dog!! - I probably packed too much but then the alarm notice was withdrawn and we are still here and obviously the fire was contained and probably won’t occur again fingers crossed xxx - but that haunting question stays in my mind - what would I take and what would I leave besides my flat and garage??

7 posts were split to a new topic: Jem has passed away

I have for some long time been an admirer of Ewan MacColl - of Salford fame and his song Dirty Old [Auld] Town. I think we often underestimate the contribution and contributions he made to a revival of the folk music of England having come from Scots parentage but born in Salford [some say just a suburb of Manchester!]. And marrying for his third time Peggy Seager was it? who was also schooled in folk music of a yankee kind [I never did like her voice - rather squeaker - but if you see pics of Ewan and her in their early years you can see the attractions!!

They both believed that the Pogues slashed the song to pieces and were quite scathing in their comments about same. But they both went onto bigger and better things than the Pogues literately writing tonnes of plays for stage performance and radio and plenty of real british folk songs as well as collecting many from other contributors that included all of UK of course.

If anyone is at all interested in the real folk music history of UK tract him down and bring yourself uptodate.

ps: remember “the first time ever I saw your face” - that was a Ewan MacColl original that he gave to Roberta Flack for free I believe? - correct Spittie?

Watched and interview with Ken Loach, the master of capturing a time and a place and unlocking a heritage in folks they may wish to forget.

However from a different angle altogether watched the last version of A Star is Born - with Cooper signing some sweet melodies very well but Lady Gaga not my style at all - yuck who said she could act at all??

really you do intrigue do expand indeed!!!

Gaga has a great voice, you have to listen without prejudice

have you got a reference for this dear laddie?/ please?

maybe it was just the acting then I thought was atrocious? - and you do recall that this film has now been done to death [ four ocassions with different actors?]