Just got back from the vets - 2 possible ops

Thanks again ladies, I am feeling much happier about my little gremlin now.
She’s not 100%, but at least she’s started improving now.

I have never, ever had a dog who takes things to heart as much as this one.
When we’re out even, if she gets a leaf or bit of grass stuck in her fluffy legs, she can’t bear it, and won’t go another step until you’ve untangled it for her.
She is however, the most loving, gentle natured, affectionate little gal I’ve ever had.

She sounds so lovely, Mups, I want to leap on a train and come to give her hug !

And you - of course !:hug::hug:

Oh No!

Since posting this morning, I have just checked her tummy and she has got nearly 1" of the wound coming unglued.

It looks dry and clean and not at all inflamed, just starting to gape open a bit. Phoned vet, and they want her in at 4.10 this afternoon.

Panics because my car is in for a service.
I phoned a friend but no answer, so I phoned the garage and explained and they are bringing my car back in good time for me.

It’s been a funny old day (again), because me shower is playing up, my kettle has just conked out, my car has gone,the plumber has just been, and the phone has hardly stopped with the plumber, the vet, the surveyor, the garage, and others. Phew.

Ooh, the phone has just gone again, and the garage are bringing my car back, so that’s good. Must dash, because I will have to run the lady back to the garage.

http://yoursmiles.org/csmile/goodbye/c0213.gif

Good luck with the little invalid mups. You realise though she is only doing it for you to worry, I’m convinced mine laugh every new grey hair they cause me to have :wink:

Well I shan’t be very happy if they need to anaesthatise her to re-glue it. Surely they wouldn’t?
I will ask if I can stay with her and hold her if they want to re-glue it because she will be fine for me, and less frightened.

I wonder if she stretched it when she jumped on your bed? I would think they could re-glue it while she is awake, but don’t worry your vet is good and will find the best way to keep it sealed. Let us know when you get the time.:slight_smile:

I’m thinking they will do it awake too, they tend to only put them out if there is no way yo do them awake, but sounds like gertie will be fine held by mups.

Yea I feel sure she won’t need an anaesthetic for gluing it back together.
Some years ago a workman next door got a nail stuck in his head … there was lots of blood, apparently. The hospital glued the wound … no probs :smiley:

Seems both Gertie and Mups are becoming unglued.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ52_7UIqB8FpJsNnUOUrgFMy2GPZaAXjXNCAkCiIqV7WCh-sVu

Hide Nom hide, she will be back and setting gertie on you if you aren’t quick. :mrgreen:

Over 2 hours and no news?

:confused:

Poor Gertie was sooo upset going in there, she clung to me with her front paws round me neck like a little chimpanzee hanging on. :slight_smile:

Anyway, good news. She is OK.
He saw where I meant, and said yes, it had come apart a little, but he didn’t think it was enough to worry about.
He didn’t think it would open up any further or deeper, but gave us a few days of antibiotics as a preventative in case any infection gets in, though it looks nice and clean and healthy at the mo.

He wants to check her again on Friday before he goes away on holiday, and said to ring him in the meantime if it changes.
So I am quite pleased (and relieved) with that. I’ll just keep an eye on it until we see him again Friday.

Phew Mips … your silence was worrying and I do appreciate the traumatic experience of getting to the Vet and back.

Hmmmmm … antibiotics in humans can cause depression because they kill to good bugs too.
No,idea what to give dogs to counteract it, but humans should take Vit B and live yoghurt to put the good bugs back.

More hugs and pussycat snores:-D

Ta for the update

Thank you Rachel.
She should be fine with these anti bio’s though, they are not strong ones and it is only for about 5 days,not long term.
I also always have some doggy probiotics in the house to give them at times like this, to put the good bugs back. :slight_smile:

Sounds GOOD :smiley:

Now, you have a nice rest and congratulate yourself for coping with these extra problems.

My lot all love natural yoghurt too. They all sit in a row and wait for their spoonful. :slight_smile:

Gertie’s laying next to me as I write, blissfully content and asleep, in her little candy stripe pink & white vest tonight. :slight_smile:

She just has a way about her that makes everyone love her.
2 of the nurses came over and took her for a cuddle while we were waiting at the surgery, plus a lady in the waiting room too.

Perhaps we should wear candy stripe vests as well Rachel. :lol:

Awwwwwwww … like ST I want to come and administer cuddlies.

I do have a grey and pink striped cotton ‘thing’ somewhere :smiley:

Well pop it on, then sit about in waiting rooms, see if you get some cuddles too. Seems to work for Gertie. :smiley:

I think Gertie has fallen for your lovely Vet, Mups, and just wants any excuse to visit him!

Lots of gentle hugs to you both - not forgeting Nellie and the furry Mups as well ! Sleep well, sweet dreams.

Thank you Tabs. :hug:

Hugs are good. We should all have a daily hug don’t you think?
Think I’ll start a thread on that. :slight_smile: