Jacket Potato what’s going on yours .?

Yummy - we used to roast whole onions as well!

2 Likes

Funny I’d forgotten about cooking onions on the bonfire….thanks for reminding me

1 Like

What does that do? Roasted bonfire onions…I didn’t know that was a thing!

1 Like

Oooh - you don’t know what you are missing!

3 Likes

I’ll be trying it when I make a bonfire! :+1:

4 Likes

Like roasted in the oven, red onions are best.

3 Likes

Yes, I roast them in the oven air fryer along with other things like tomatoes, peppers, aubergine etc. I just haven’t experienced the clearly delectable addition of charcoal. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Microwaved jacket potato with butter and cheese.

1 Like

Gosh!
You must have been a laugh a minute on November the fifth :wink:

2 Likes

Hey!

Am I invited :smirk:

3 Likes

Sure! Bring your own onions though, I might burn mine! :smiley: :onion: <<<< onion although it doesn’t look like one :017:

3 Likes

That works for me.

2 Likes

My dear wife likes Vidalia onions. They quite mild.
“A Vidalia onion is one of several varieties of sweet onion grown in a production area defined by law of the U.S. state of Georgia since 1986”
My wife is from Georgia.

3 Likes

Ooh, @Omah - your post and pic took me back to my childhood - raking out the baked taties from the embers of the village bonfire, long after the Guy had gone up in flames and we had all Oohed and Aahhed over all the pretty fireworks.

I loved those bakes taties, almost too hot to handle, with the charcoaled leathery skin and beautifully soft, fluffy potato inside.
We didn’t have any topping on those - we enjoyed them just as they came out of the fire - a perfect ending to an exciting night around the bonfire. :fire: :potato:

3 Likes

Clearly, you are ill-informed about traditional seasonal rites … :man_shrugging:

This poster, on the other hand:

Quite … :icon_biggrin:

2 Likes

I’m ill informed about many things Omah.
Captain Scarlet knocked spots off Thunderbirds so stick that on your bonfire :wink:

3 Likes

On the one hand:

Thunderbirds follows the exploits of International Rescue, a life-saving organisation equipped with technologically-advanced land, sea, air and space rescue craft; these are headed by a fleet of five vehicles named the Thunderbirds and launched from the organisation’s secret base of operations in the Pacific Ocean.

Light

On the other:

Captain Scarlet follows the “war of nerves” between Earth and the Mysterons, a race of Martians who possess partial control over matter. When a misunderstanding causes human astronauts to attack their city on Mars, the Mysterons vow revenge and launch reprisals against Earth. These are countered by Spectrum, a worldwide security organisation. In the first episode, Spectrum agent Captain Scarlet acquires the Mysterons’ self-healing power of “retrometabolism” and is thus rendered “indestructible”, being able to recover from otherwise fatal injuries. It has violent content and themes of alien aggression.

Dark.

Endof.

3 Likes

@Boot - I loved the potatoes, onions, parkin and bonfire toffee - hated the fireworks!

1 Like

Spot on!

Captain Black, cast out the skies to wreak havoc on earth. I was a kid at the time but Captain Scarlet as you say was dark but not gratuitous, very slick and sexy stylistclally speaking. I think I had my first crush on all of the angels, loved the jets, the cars and the closing credits were really something special!

Thunderbirds just seemed a little clumpy and wooden by comparison.
Nothing personal, just my opinion.

Captain Scarlet for me every time although I’ve been tempted to splash out on the UFO boxed set :wink:

2 Likes

I never watched Capt Scarlet but, just for you, Chilli:

1 Like