Jacket Potato what’s going on yours .?

Confused now. I thought jacket potato was another name for baked potato.

I looked it up in wiki because I don’t know that term.

wiki

Is a baked potato without a jacket without the skin or just without the name?

2 Likes

Had to google that one - sounds lethal!

2 Likes

It’s a kitchen cupboard essential :wink:
You do have to treat it with respect, I really wouldn’t want to get it in my eyes.

2 Likes

I have Jacket potato all the time, like today, mostly just butter and salt, but tin of chicken curry on top is nice or chilli con carne or bake beans.

1 Like

Jacket potato and baked potato are the same thing, just different names. I have never had one with no skin on - thats the best bit! :smiley:

3 Likes

A baked potato without the skin. I bake in the microwave and the skin peels off easily. I break it up and add cheese coleslaw.

2 Likes

Cheddar

1 Like

I like to microwave small to med pots, smash/flatten them, drizzle olive oil, salt & pepper, crisp them off in a hot oven.

serve with anything.

a couple of days ago we had tinned sardines and coleslaw.

2 Likes

Oh that’s so sad :disappointed:
Does it give you indigestion.

I just don’t like that the potato isn’t properly prepared… I’m sure cafes and restaurants just shove the potato in foil and bung it in the oven with no proper preparation…sorry to be so blunt but I think there will be lots of slugs consumed without people knowing.

1 Like

Tonight:

Pataks Masala Ground Beef Jacket Potato

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Yikes!

But I’ve only ever had baked potatoes at home.

1 Like

Nowt wrong with a little protein. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I don’t believe I’ve had a baked potato when out and about.

there was an eatery called Spudulike back in the 70s. I don’t remember ever eating the as they only served what I cooked at home … student-like digs.

2 Likes

Grief!
I’d totally forgotten about Spudulike.

1 Like

Oh yes - I remember them. Had a spud with Coronation Chicken - was sick for a couple of days! Stuck to home cooked after that.

1 Like

I remember back in the sixties mum and dad taking us to the Ideal Home exhibition. We used to love it, especially upstairs where they did the food free samples and the insane gadgets

Anyway, I can’t have been more than five but I can clearly remember a giant jacket potato stall, with all the cooked jackets stacked up keeping hot in a huge glass tank, about the size of a small room!

We queued up to get one and had it with butter. It was delicious, really old fashioned slow oven baked with a thick brown crisp skin. I can still taste and smell it 60 years later :rofl:

3 Likes

The ones that I still remember were those cooked (burnt) in the ashes of a bonfire:

The “charcoal” transferred to everything - starting with hands and face … :laughing:

5 Likes

I’ve never seen that before. How do they cook on the inside before they’re burnt and dry completely on the outside?

2 Likes

I can’t remember the UK method but here’s a US method:

and another:

:potato:

2 Likes