Is your hair its natural colour?

I’m a man, and although I think that some men dye or bleach their hair, I suspect they will be in the minority – mine was a light brown to fair, but now it’s various shades of grey

However, my daughter is naturally blonde with a bit of fair in it here & there.
When she was about 15 & 16, probably like most girls she started playing around with cosmetics, and dyeing her hair a sort of chestnut brown, which actually quite suited her
We thought - Oh well, as long as there’s nothing permanent, let her get on with it.

She must have been the only woman in Britain who, when she went to the hairdressers and said ‘can you do my roots’ she meant make them dark, not blonde.

2 Likes

It’s a bit like, some of us want what we don’t have, well I have grey hair roots and will wait for my colourist to work his magic on it,Friday, I made sure before I get my consultation, he can well see the colour of my natural hair, I have a feeling he will two tone colour it, we shall see.edit to add I saw a receptionist at the covid surgery with grey hair cut into a short bob, it looked fantastic ,it did look to good to be natural, it would have been rude to have asked, so declined.

Thank you @Morticia. I was a very timid child, I think the apprehension I felt shows in my eyes.

1 Like

Thank you, Pauline. A bit of fact about hair color- red is the strongest pigment of the natural colors, and usually takes longer to turn grey. Also, the ruddiness of complexion (often with freckles) fights with grey/white hair until your skin tone catches up and fades.
Most ladies with red highlights look more natural and not so washed out a bit further along in age than others.

I am convinced that white hair only grows on very fertile heads!

:duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: (<Ducks)

1 Like

My hair never went grey at all, it went a paleish blonde…Weird. I used to have dark streaks put through it, so it looked half n half but during the first lockdown the dark bits got paler and paler, so I’ve just left it alone and it’s almost all light now but for a wee bit on the back.

sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.

So is mine. It does have an advantage - I can be more daring with the colours of my clothes!

2 Likes

26c9lf

3 Likes

I’ve just taken this picture in the light, I think it’s more silver than grey, what do you think?

Grey.

Looks Blond to me, not sure about the dark roots myself…
If your happy with your new look that’s really what counts… :innocent:

I think perhaps take a picture in natural light Pauline.

1 Like

I know that’s all that counts, but, I haven’t had it coloured yet,:rofl:…going for a skin test tomorrow, so will ask the colourist what colour he believes my roots to be, I was just asking members what colour they thought my roots were,…I’ve asked a few friends and they said silver, it looks much darker in this picture.

I agree Minx, my friends said it looks silver in the natural light, the problem is, tomorrow when I have the skin test, he’s not doing it until 17.00 when it’s dark, so I’ll just ask him if he is able to tell what colour it is under the light in the hairdressers.

1 Like

He’s a professional so I am certain he’ll be the best to advise you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I went for my skin test, he told me my colour suits me, and that I didn’t look to old to keep it that colour,:joy:…so he was going to do it two different tones, other than that ,I would have to grow the silver grey out, plus he said it’s dark at the back, I got a phone call the next day to say he tested positive for covid, so they are fitting me in with a female hairdresser called Jo, I don’t mind her doing the colour, but prefer a man to cut it, so Ian will be cutting it…"…will post a pic when it’s done on Friday, that’s if Jo doesn’t test positive.

1 Like

I had it coloured yesterday, i didn’t have to much cut off, as I’m trying to grow it, she incorporated blonde into the silver, so that I can grow it out easier, I’m thrilled with the results, the price was reasonable as well, no more bottles for me.

3 Likes

That’s approx the shade Mrs LD chooses, which is actually darker than her natural colour before it turned completely white :wink::grin: … It suites you Pauline :+1:

1 Like

Nice Pauline, I like it.

1 Like