I'm A Celebrity 2022 - Jill is Crowned

Indeed … it wasn’t a hard role for Chris but he remained committed despite, I imagine, not being “full strength” because of lack of food - but the “throw” was too difficult, IMO - a “drop” would have given Owen more chance of success … :slightly_smiling_face:

Chris previously hit headlines when he lost six stone over the course of more than five years by changing his unhealthy lifestyle.

The media personality recently admitted he struggles with maintaining his new slimline physique after a whopping six stone weight loss.

Speaking to Ross Kemp on his podcast The Kempcast, Chris confessed he still suffers from body dysmorphia, despite having shrunk from 18 stone to 12 stone.

The comedian detailed his strict regimen of weighing himself daily and barely eating all day Monday-Friday, before enjoying himself at the weekends.

Before:

So, well done, Chris … :+1:

1 Like

I’ve never seen or heard of Chris Moyles until I saw him in this IMAC series.
I would not have recognised him as the same person in that old photo before he lost all that weight.
Well done to him for managing to slim down to a healthier weight - although losing that extra stone and a half so quickly in the Jungle isn’t great for a long term weight maintenance plan - I hope his Jungle experience doesn’t mess up his metabolism or upset whatever routine he was using to maintain his weight - although not eating during the week doesn’t sound like a sustainable regime to me!

1 Like

Next Elimination Odds

• Seann Walsh 1/4
  • Matt Hancock 5/1
  • Mike Tindall 5/1
  • Owen Warner 18/1
  • Jill Scott 28/1

Matt Hancock may yet win IAC … :scream:

He’ll be in the Cyclone - if he does well then he could end up in the last 3 … :090:

Day 20

Breakfast - the Full English … :bacon: :fried_egg: :bread: :tomato:

Exit Chris

The BTT - Fallen Stars - Matt and Mike

Mike had to answer questions on the critters in cages which Matt had to face while fitting broken stars together - it was more of a challenge than a trial so Matt won 4 stars out of 5.

Creek Chat - Seann, Jill and Owen

Impressions Masterclass (Attenborough) from Sean and Acting Masterclass (crying) from Owen - Jill was crap at impressions but her crying was convincing … :cry:

Camp Chat - Superheroes - not interested - skipped

Supper

Crocodile Tail and lots of veggies - very colourful, very tasty … :crocodile:

Exit

Seann v Owen (surprise, surprise)

Seann out - I watched some of the interview but there was too much Matt for me … :man_shrugging:

Now they are 4.

Next: Celebrity Cyclone

Only Matt has the power to win - he’s done it before, he can do it again:

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I never knew who Chris was either but what a big difference I would not even say they were the same man .

Get Matt out don’t let him become king his ego is big enough already

2 Likes
Waiting for Matt:

Will he be crowned … :thinking:

Next Elimination Odds

Mike Tindall 8/15
Owen Warner 5/2
Matt Hancock 4/1
Jill Scott 14/1

Matt Hancock may yet win IAC … :scream:

It looks like he will end up in the last 3 … :090:

Does that mean we all have to vote for Owen if we want to keep Matt out of the top 3?! :wink:

1 Like

In order to keep Matt out of the top 3 there will have to be a massive vote swing to Mike and Owen … :neutral_face:

Who creates the odds you post, @Omah ?
Are they bookies odds with no “inside information” or are they produced by the ITV Show, based on how the current vote is going so far?

1 Like

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/im-a-celebrity/next-elimination

I’m A Celebrity - Next Elimination Betting Odds

I’m no expert on the calculation of odds - bookies have years of experience:

https://www.onlinebetting.org.uk/betting-guides/how-do-bookmakers-set-odds-and-make-money.html

Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I agree that bookies are pretty good at forecasting most outcomes - I often look at the bookies odds during the run up to elections - they are often more accurate than polls! :laughing:

1 Like

Looking at it another way:

I’m A Celebrity Betting Odds

I’m A Celebrity Winner

Jill Scott 4/11
Matt Hancock 5/1
Owen Warner 9/1
Mike Tindall 18/1

So, It’s no surprise that Jill will probably win but it’s a “turn up for the books” that Matt will probably be runner-up … :exclamation:

It certainly will be a turn up for the books! - I really hope it doesn’t happen!
I’m amazed Hancock has got enough votes to get into the final 4 but I hope the odds are wrong and Hancock will go out next.

1 Like

I disliked Chris Moyles long before he was on I’m a Celeb. I thought he was uncouth, slobbish and two faced and my feelings haven’t changed.

Well, they’ve finally “got to me” and I caved in this evening - in a bid to get rid of Matt next, I have even downloaded the dratted App so I could cast 5 free votes for the other remaining contestants! :rofl:

What’s happening to me!! - I don’t watch this show usually and now I’ve been lured into voting! - I gave a false date of birth but had to give my real mobile number - if I start receiving loads of junk texts and cold calls, I only have myself to blame! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Actually that isn’t true, the odds merely reflect the amount of money bet on a particular outcome. The bookies calculate odds so that no matter the result they don’t lose. That is not quite the same as predicting the outcome.

Is that so?
I remember one of my in-laws, who was a bookie, explaining to me how he worked out the odds. I thought it was based on the horse’s form, compared to the competition and the predicted outcome of the race.
I must admit, I wasn’t listening carefully but the impression I got was that bookies made sure they didn’t lose by “laying off” bets - we were talking about horse racing odds offered on the race course, which was his speciality, so maybe it’s different for events like elections and competitions.

However, I have noticed that the bookies odds are a good predictor of event and election results - so if they reflect the amount of bets placed, maybe that reflects the public mood :woman_shrugging:

That’s gambling, bookies don’t gamble, it is a purely mathematical process. Bookmakers build in a percentage for themselves then lay off bets if their liabilities are higher than they want to stand.

You may observe that punters lose money, bookies don’t.