I'm A Celebrity 2022 - Jill is Crowned

Day 21

The Cyclone - Jill, Matt, Mike, Owen

Predictable - 4 stars won

The best bits were of “Cocky” Matt striding manfully through the deluge only to be knocked off his feet 3 TIMES by skilfully directed hoses and balls - he learnt his lesson and crawled thereafter … :laughing:

The return to an empty camp was disheartening but the campers were soon delightedly gorging on full-size choc ices each … :icecream:

Next … a timewaster - match quotes to celebs - easy-peasy - each camper chose a “reward” from Kev’s “deals on Wheels” - cheese, chocolate, nachos, brownie … :cheese:

The Last Supper

Flathead Fish (2 large ones) and yams and veggies … :fish:

I skipped over much of the introspection, reflections and banalities, including the exit interview with …

Mike … :rugby_football:

Now they are 3 … :thinking:

Jill will win, Matt will become Hancock and Owen will indulge his wildest dreams (that’ll be food not sex … :cut_of_meat:

2 Likes

I have cast my 5 free votes for Jill.

When Matt Hancock entered the I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! jungle, pundits predicted he would be the first to be voted out. His decision to appear on the ITV show, despite his record during the pandemic and the fact he is a sitting MP, had provoked anger and disgust. More than 1,700 people complained to Ofcom, the broadcast regulator, and the Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice group issued a searing statement.

“The fact that he is trying to cash in on his terrible legacy, rather than showing some humility or seeking to reflect on the appalling consequences of his time in government, says it all about the sort of person he is,” a spokesperson said.

But despite the criticism – or perhaps because of it – the former health secretary has won the backing of an unlikely crowd, lasting more than two weeks in the jungle and surviving eight eliminations to make it to the final today.

Support from young TikTok users – boosted by a concerted effort from his PR team – appears to have been key to his on-screen success, according to public relations experts and political rivals.

Over the past few days, before the final on ITV on Sunday evening, members of Hancock’s PR team were lobbying for votes on the app – encouraging people to vote for him repeatedly and giving them step-by-step instructions.

The TikTok campaign is not a breach of the rules: ITV’s website says viewers can vote up to five times each via the app, while those voting by text or phone can vote up to 600 times from a single number before it is deemed suspicious and unfair to the other contestants. But it is a deliberate strategy. Since 8 November, Hancock’s PR team has posted 24 videos of him on the app, all linked to his appearance in the jungle. He now has more than 77,000 followers and at least 511,800 likes across his official TikTok account, while videos of him overall have been watched 400 million times, according to TikTok’s internal data.

Aside from Hollyoaks actor Owen Warner, the equivalent stats for other stars are far poorer. Former rugby player Mike Tindall, who was voted out last night, has less than 3,500 followers, with just over 26,000 likes, while what appears to be the official account for former England footballer Jill Scott, who was tipped as the favourite to win going into the final tonight, has about 2,180 followers and less than 900 likes.

On Twitter and Instagram, the other I’m a Celebrity… contestants admittedly have a bigger presence. But it is TikTok – where videos have been promoted by the algorithm and hashtags such as #matthancockfanclub have gained traction – that has been so crucial for Hancock, said PR guru Mark Borkowski.

“I think TikTok has been quite important to him. I think [users] see him as some sort of anomaly, something that is winding up the older generation, so why don’t we just play mischief?” Borkowski said. He added: “The people instructing him back in Blighty have done a very good job with TikTok. A lot of it is instructing the audience what to do, to use the app, how to vote for Matt. And that bit has been clever.”

That may not, of course, be the only reason for Hancock’s survival in the jungle but it’s one which would go towards explaining how a man responsible for thousands of deaths while making dozens of Tory “VIPs” miillionaires is winning a popularity contest … :thinking:

1 Like

Crikey. Matt Hancock is now an “influencer”. Scary thought.

1 Like

Obviously he is disliked because of who he is and his position when in a place of power and the bad choices and situations he put the British people in, I guess he is the one who signed off the final signature allowing all that happened, then breaking one of his signed off rules , as did many of this government , bunch of selfish powerful people . Yes I dislike this in the man too he appears almost oblivious to what he did

The man on the TV seems polite likeable and fun but we can all put on a false front and personality and I think this is why many are voting for him , he is clever that’s for sure . His ego will get bigger now he is in the final , bet there’s some money to be made in interviews tv radio etc .

3 Likes

If only he’d kept his hands and tongue to himself, or at least out of the office, then he wouldn’t be where he is now. His political career is most likely over, unless he tries to become a member of the SNP :grin:.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you … :+1:

Hancock is self-interested, clever and false - how else does a person become a British politician who served as Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General from 2015 to 2016, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport from January to July 2018, and Secretary of State for Health and Social Care from 2018 to 2021 … :question:

It’s a shame that he doesn’t talk in his sleep … he may have been “hoist with his own petard” … :wink:

1 Like

When you put it like that then it’s terrifying … :scream_cat:

1 Like

I’m A Celebrity Betting Odds

I’m A Celebrity Winner

Jill Scott 1/4
Matt Hancock 5/1
Owen Warner 14/1

It’s not inconceivable that money’s going on Hancock now and votes for him will flood in later … :wink:

Jeez!
After reading that article about Hancock having a “PR Team” working for him to lobby youngsters online for their votes, I feel even more contempt for the man.
Employing a PR Team to try to “fix the vote” to help him win a game - how pathetic! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What about this:

Speaking in the Bush Telegraph ahead of the show’s finale on Sunday evening, former England rugby player Tindall , 44, said: “Matt’s making sure his T-shirt and his phone numbers are on display at all times. Matt clearly wants to win.

“I’m taking great pleasure in turning it around every time he leaves camp.” He added: “Once a politician, always a politician. Always polling for votes.”

During the show hosts Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly mocked Hancock’s attempts to win as many public votes as possible, with Dec saying: “Matt Hancock showed off his new morning routine: shower, shave and show everyone the number on the back of your gilet.”

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I noticed that too!
I think Mike Tindall was spot on with what he said!

1 Like

If anything was a “giveaway” to Hancock’s “plan” then that surely was … :open_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t watch this shite, but can guess the outcome, if it ain’t already happened.

The article covers the Final BTT (for individual suppers and drinks) and the exits/interviews in far more detail than I could.

Well done, Jill and Owen … thoroughly nice people and inadvertent comedians … :041:

Slimy Hancock can slither back to his sleazy shell … :019:

1 Like

I was pleased to see Jill won the competition, with Owen as runner-up.
:champagne::clinking_glasses::+1:

By the way, I notice that nobody quaffs their glass of bubbly in the exit interview - a few polite sips is the most they take. :thinking:
I’d be knocking it back! :joy: I’d need a drink after coming out of camp - maybe it’s not well chilled and not very nice? Maybe they prefer to wait to get back to the hotel for a properly chilled glass of their favourite tipple!

1 Like

Lovely that Jill won , and Owen runner up , both decent people to be proud of .

It was fun to watch , now what !

2 Likes

Well done to Jill a deserved … thankyou for the updates Omah

3 Likes

Am happy to second that. Thanks Omah :grinning:

2 Likes

I agree with the final two & was glad Jill one. Matt should have gone much earlier though IMHO.

1 Like