I Can’t Stop Laughing. According To This Chart, l Am Upper-Class! What Are You?

Ooh Bruce, my brother-in-law uses a spoon and fork to eat. He’s a big bloke and l just think of Desperate Dan out of the Dandy comic when l see him eat!

How does he manage the cow pie ?

Muddy, He has his food in a huge round bowl and it looks like a cow pie!
I’m afraid, l wince like Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet when l see him tuck in with his spoon and fork! :laughing:

Confucius he said potatos and peas in the same pot is unhygienic

It does Bratti :+1:

1 Like

Same here, but I seem to remember we were allowed to use our fork in right hand to scoop up peas.

And def no waving knife or fork, pointing at people or things at the table. In fact, there was an element of children should be seen & not heard.

This is how I eat them:

There is something in me that rebels against having a specific technique for eating peas. As soon as someone says, this is how you should eat them, then that option becomes unavailable to me. And, apart from that, I find peas very unsatisfying unless I have decent mouthful at once.

Especially when advocated by some one with a weird accent .:slight_smile:

I must be of an undefined class as my door-caller alert is a guitar riff I transferred to the gubbins myself. It wakes the dead in the cemetery a mile away. .:guitar::musical_note::notes:

1 Like

This is why our predecessors brought in rests for every place setting :+1:

2 Likes

Until reading this thread I’ve never even thought about eating peas as a problem and never noticed anybody else having a problem. Even my grandkids eat them the same way as I do, I suppose that’s because they eat them in the same way as my kids do which is the same way as I do lol

I eat peas nearly every day I love 'em. I would never dream of picking anybody up on the way they eat though and probably wouldn’t even notice anyway. I’m a live and let live sort of person. Think that’s what I like about Boris he doesn’t give a damn about the way his hair looks, jogging around with odd socks on wearing shorts lol

1 Like

Exactly. We were brought up to use a wide straw to suck peas up (also works with spaghetti), and we’ve passed that lifeskill onto our grandchildren.

2 Likes

We enjoy those smaller frozen Petit Pois and never buy the bigger variety. I tend to spear mine with sharp fork prongs or if troublesome I use a spoon.
I cant remember the last time I saw fresh peas in the pod for sale locally :man_shrugging:

That’s the beauty of forum communities, we are constantly learning from one another. Now you know about the pea problem, you will probably never again be able to eat them without thinking about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure I agree with you. Keeping it looking ruffled probably takes more effort than just putting a comb through it.

1 Like

I love fresh peas but I eat them raw so they never get cooked .

2 Likes

Pea shooter comes to mind, remember them?

1 Like

Happy days.

Anyone remember cap guns which used paper reels with gunpowder(?) blobs on them?

I hope Arti isn’t a stickler for staying on topic, because her thread about class has now become one about peas. And I feel a mixture of both pride and shame that I am probably responsible. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes